Booted Out Of Our Room!

Sun4Me2Please

13 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Being next to the elevator and stairs is not necessarily a bad thing as the cabins are in a hall away from the traffic. Sometimes nice not to have walk so far to get to your cabin. Not nice not being next door to your friends.

I know it can be a good thing, but we would rather be away from that area, as we have been there and done that.... have had some pretty noisy late night traffic in a similar location on a different ship. Thank You for your optimistic approach 😃

4 hours ago, wms99 said:

You could contact John Heald and plead your case. He might come up with something.

Not sure how to contact him, and this is a Carnival booking issue, not sure if he would have any pull with this situation.

Thank You, may have to keep this in mind if we do not get anywhere with the other representatives.

4 minutes ago, Sun4Me2Please said:

Not sure how to contact him, and this is a Carnival booking issue, not sure if he would have any pull with this situation.

Thank You, may have to keep this in mind if we do not get anywhere with the other representatives.

Good idea to calm down first and think about what would actually “make it right” for you. Expressing anger to the agents never gets anywhere. First, find out if your cabin reservations were linked in their system. Not just we made them at the same time and asked they be connecting, etc. IF they were not linked, they would have had no reason to assume you wanted to be next to them. 

If they have assigned you a new 3 person cabin and the next door cabins are reserved, they can’t just move one of them for you. But maybe there is some way they could incentivize them to change cabins. Or there may be another 3 person available that would work better. They just need to know what you are wanting. I can tell you are being reasonable and tell your husband to be “MN nice” when he talks to them——from a fellow Minnesotan with a short temper. Lol

Too many come on here wanting things to be “made right” expecting that to be loads of OBC or free upgrades.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

That's the breaks when you book on a ship that is being built.

Could go either way. We booked an extended balcony on the Mardi Gras. Hopefully, they'll decide to turn them into suites! 🤞 😀

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sun4Me2Please said:

I think they are designated for a certain amount of people. I would think there would be a couch, but it is whatever they designate that room number for.

Hi

If this really were the case (of course I don't actually know), then which cabin would have a restricted passenger # would be arbitrary. They could just as easily restrict the number of people in any other cabin within your muster group (one that hasn't been booked yet). That's their only limiting requirement... the spaces available in the lifeboat. You could ask for clarification on this point. 

Good luck to your husband. I do think he should press them to "correct" their problem. Remind him it's not worth getting angry, you are still going to have a great cruise. Also Mr. Heald is quite responsive and you can present your dilemma on his FB page.

8 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Good idea to calm down first and think about what would actually “make it right” for you. Expressing anger to the agents never gets anywhere. First, find out if your cabin reservations were linked in their system. Not just we made them at the same time and asked they be connecting, etc. IF they were not linked, they would have had no reason to assume you wanted to be next to them. 

If they have assigned you a new 3 person cabin and the next door cabins are reserved, they can’t just move one of them for you. But maybe there is some way they could incentivize them to change cabins. Or there may be another 3 person available that would work better. They just need to know what you are wanting. I can tell you are being reasonable and tell your husband to be “MN nice” when he talks to them——from a fellow Minnesotan with a short temper. Lol

Too many come on here wanting things to be “made right” expecting that to be loads of OBC or free upgrades.

Hey, Thanks for the words of wisdom :classic_smile: Really we just want our adjoining balcony with our friends. I cannot imagine that we are not linked as my husband made the reservations for both us and them. We paid the deposit all at one time as we wanted to make sure to get the adjoining balconies in that location. It is just frustrating. We will continue to pursue our options and move on, but in the end we just would like them to get us 2 rooms with adjoining balconies. Being MN nice is hard sometimes, but we will do our best :classic_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

If this really were the case (of course I don't actually know), then which cabin would have a restricted passenger # would be arbitrary. They could just as easily restrict the number of people in any other cabin within your muster group (one that hasn't been booked yet). That's their only limiting requirement... the spaces available in the lifeboat. You could ask for clarification on this point. 

Good luck to your husband. I do think he should press them to "correct" their problem. Remind him it's not worth getting angry, you are still going to have a great cruise. Also Mr. Heald is quite responsive and you can present your dilemma on his FB page.

Hello and Thank You:classic_smile: We were just told that the room was re-configured and by having 3 in our party we exceeded the amount for that room. I know it seems like such a small problem, and really if it was just the 3 of us it would not be an issue with me, I just think they need to come up with a new location with connecting balconies. In my opinion, it should be an easy fix, but I am not the one booking 4800 people on a cruise either :classic_wink:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So after some phone calls and from the help of Mr Heald (I believe) We were able to solve our issue with our cabins. We opted from our great location center ship deck 7 to ones that are closer to the front. May not be ideal for my sometimes queasy stomach, but we are back to having adjoining rooms with our friends, which is all we wanted in the first place. I hate doing countdowns so early, but I think we are now 190 days out from our cruise for 2020 😀I don't get too excited until we are closer to 60 days out, but maybe I am just excited knowing that we will have some fun times with our friends this year!

• Like 14

On 8/14/2019 at 10:53 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Very good point and hopefully a lesson learned for the OP. 

Is there not an expatiation that the designers know what there doing. Carnival should have notified the guest of the change and asked about relocating there room. I know things change in design (have seen it many a time at work) but i wonder if the whole side of the ship changed or just a few rooms area that deck? Not a good business decision.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:32 AM, phoneman69 said:

Is there not an expatiation that the designers know what there doing. Carnival should have notified the guest of the change and asked about relocating there room. I know things change in design (have seen it many a time at work) but i wonder if the whole side of the ship changed or just a few rooms area that deck? Not a good business decision.

I am not sure how it all works, but we were surprised thinking they know how the room layouts will be. I am happy that we were able to resolve it, but it was not easy. lesson learned, but again this would not have bothered us if was a normal year with just the 3 of us. I will be more assertive when booking on a new ship next time 🤔

13 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Glad you were able to resolve it.

I was going to ask in any of the others who had 2 people in their cabin were in a cabin that could hold 3 and see if you could just swap cabins with them.

There are actually (3) other couples traveling with us. Our good friends who we had the adjoining balcony with we actually booked at the same time as ours, the others were in rooms 3-5 rooms down from us. Apparently none of the rooms had the capacity for 3, yet when we booked with Carnival ours did.  We are still slightly confused, but it is resolved.

Unfortunately when I ship hasn't even been built yet when booked that is the chance you take.  When I originally did a booking on the MSC Seaside we chose a balcony (3 years before the cruise sailing), that they ended up changing.  I kind of knew that was a possibility as they would still be designing and changing things.  

Do they have the option to move the cabin that was adjoined to yours so that you could move both cabins to still be together?  

I am booked on the Panorama too and traveling solo. When I booked over a year ago I picked a cabin in a location that I always like. According to the deck plans then it was designated as a 2 person cabin although, I was a little suspicious because somewhere else (I don't remember where) I saw that it was designated as a 3 person cabin. Since then they have corrected the deck plans and it now shows that it is a 3 person cabin. If they move me, I will be fine with that but I hope they don't since I like the location and last time I checked, all cabins in that area that were the same category were all booked. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I may check from time to time to see if something else I would be happy with opens up, as long as it won't cost me more money. 

• 3 weeks later...