Booted Out Of Our Room!

Sun4Me2Please

So we booked a balcony room on Panorama on July 28, 2018. The room was on the 7th floor and we had a connecting balcony with good friends that are traveling with us.  When I got home from work this evening my husband informed me that we no longer could have that room ( there are 3 of us, so it was sold as having the ability for 3 people) It seems that Carnival re-configured the room so now it is only a 2 person room. I am not a complainer, but we booked this room for the location and also for the adjoining balcony. One of the very enjoyable parts of cruising with our friends is to sit out on the balcony in the evening or on Sea Days and have a couple cocktails. There are also two other couples traveling with us that have rooms near us, one is four rooms down and the other one is 6 rooms down. It really makes me angry that Carnival would sell us that room for three and then reconfigure it, but not getting our needs met for the adjoining balconies really ticks me off. We have had great cruises with Carnival and have been a loyal cruiser with them since 2012, so this really is not a normal experience for us. Anyone else ever have any issues like this with Carnival? The room they put us in is not ideal either, high traffic area and right next to the elevators and stairs. Not sure what to do ????? or if there is any other recourse on our part. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

They did the same thing with Carnival Sunrise too when they refurb that ship. carnival does a bit job of making changes without notify people

On my sunrise cruise, my original cabin was not a connecting cabin. During the sunrise makeover, it was now a connecting cabin. i never received a word from carnival about this and i had to find out on my own.

Being next to the elevator and stairs is not necessarily a bad thing as the cabins are in a hall away from the traffic. Sometimes nice not to have walk so far to get to your cabin. Not nice not being next door to your friends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sun4Me2Please said:

So we booked a balcony room on Panorama on July 28, 2018. The room was on the 7th floor and we had a connecting balcony with good friends that are traveling with us.  When I got home from work this evening my husband informed me that we no longer could have that room ( there are 3 of us, so it was sold as having the ability for 3 people) It seems that Carnival re-configured the room so now it is only a 2 person room. I am not a complainer, but we booked this room for the location and also for the adjoining balcony. One of the very enjoyable parts of cruising with our friends is to sit out on the balcony in the evening or on Sea Days and have a couple cocktails. There are also two other couples traveling with us that have rooms near us, one is four rooms down and the other one is 6 rooms down. It really makes me angry that Carnival would sell us that room for three and then reconfigure it, but not getting our needs met for the adjoining balconies really ticks me off. We have had great cruises with Carnival and have been a loyal cruiser with them since 2012, so this really is not a normal experience for us. Anyone else ever have any issues like this with Carnival? The room they put us in is not ideal either, high traffic area and right next to the elevators and stairs. Not sure what to do ????? or if there is any other recourse on our part. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Check out the other cabins available and switch. Also, this happens on all lines, not just Carnival. Just an FYI.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sun4Me2Please said:

Anyone else ever have any issues like this with Carnival? The room they put us in is not ideal either, high traffic area and right next to the elevators and stairs. Not sure what to do ????? or if there is any other recourse on our part. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

We had the same thing happen on the Conquest in 2003 only we had a completely different outcome.  We had six balcony cabins in a row booked on the Empress Deck.  We made the reservations through a TA a little over a year in advance.

One day I was looking at our booking online and noticed that our cabin number had changed.  I called our TA and ask what had happened.  She had no idea and called Carnival.  When she called me back, she had a great surprise for us.

Carnival had changed the cabin that had three guys booked in it to a two person cabin.  They called alphabetically the first couple in our group and asked them if it was okay to move us if they kept us all together.  They said yes so they moved all six cabins to the Panorama Deck.  We had paid for the Empress Deck and got the Panorama deck for the same price. It was actually a smart move on their part because now that's the only deck we will sail on.

With the way things have changed since 2003, I'm pretty sure you'll never see that happen again though.  Give them a call and complain.  You never know until you try if they will do something to accommodate you.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

Wow, that would upset me as well.  You didn't after all, book a "guarantee" cabin.  You took the time to get the cabins you wanted, in the location you wanted.  I would agree with previous posters who suggested that you contact whoever you booked through, whether a PVP or TA and ask them for help.  If you self-booked, then still call Carnival and see what they can do to help.  If you originally booked a cabin for 3 people, and didn't add one down the line, then CCL does owe it to you to make this right somehow.  JMHO

14 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

If you booked thru a TA call them if a pvp call them.

I know up until last year we used the same PVP, but ended up with a new one as our PVP had moved onto a different position.

I am sure my husband will be on this again today. He needed some down time so he could talk to them with civility other than a knee jerk reaction. Thank You 😃

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I agree that is a bummer. 

I was wondering, because the few times I have had a balcony cabin, there was always a sofa in the cabin, which could convert to a day bed. 

I think they are designated for a certain amount of people. I would think there would be a couch, but it is whatever they designate that room number for.

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

That's the breaks when you book on a ship that is being built.

True, but then try to make it right. I get it, but then Carnival either needs to not sell cabins for up to 3 people until they know for sure, or make it right if they do change it. We do not always travel with friends, so this would be a mood point if it were just the 3 of us, I would not have any issue getting moved to a comparable room and location.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sillyjilly said:

Check out the other cabins available and switch. Also, this happens on all lines, not just Carnival. Just an FYI.

My husband was trying to get the group moved or at least get us connecting balconies with our friends we are traveling with. I would imagine it is not just Carnival specific, but the least they could do is to make it right.

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

We had the same thing happen on the Conquest in 2003 only we had a completely different outcome.  We had six balcony cabins in a row booked on the Empress Deck.  We made the reservations through a TA a little over a year in advance.

One day I was looking at our booking online and noticed that our cabin number had changed.  I called our TA and ask what had happened.  She had no idea and called Carnival.  When she called me back, she had a great surprise for us.

Carnival had changed the cabin that had three guys booked in it to a two person cabin.  They called alphabetically the first couple in our group and asked them if it was okay to move us if they kept us all together.  They said yes so they moved all six cabins to the Panorama Deck.  We had paid for the Empress Deck and got the Panorama deck for the same price. It was actually a smart move on their part because now that's the only deck we will sail on.

With the way things have changed since 2003, I'm pretty sure you'll never see that happen again though.  Give them a call and complain.  You never know until you try if they will do something to accommodate you.  Good luck! 

Thank You! We are still looking into this. If this was on one of our cruises without friends it would not be a big deal, but just hoping they try and make it right.

3 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

Wow, that would upset me as well.  You didn't after all, book a "guarantee" cabin.  You took the time to get the cabins you wanted, in the location you wanted.  I would agree with previous posters who suggested that you contact whoever you booked through, whether a PVP or TA and ask them for help.  If you self-booked, then still call Carnival and see what they can do to help.  If you originally booked a cabin for 3 people, and didn't add one down the line, then CCL does owe it to you to make this right somehow.  JMHO

Yes, we are hoping to contact our initial PVP, but will continue to try and get what is comparable for us. We did not add the 3rd person at a later date, we have temporary custody of our Granddaughter who is 8, she travels wherever we go 😃 I think they need to make it right as well. I think the initial contact from Carnival should have been more willing to move us with our friends  or at least should have been more proactive in helping us resolve the issue. Thanks for your input.

14 hours ago, shof515 said:

They did the same thing with Carnival Sunrise too when they refurb that ship. carnival does a bit job of making changes without notify people

On my sunrise cruise, my original cabin was not a connecting cabin. During the sunrise makeover, it was now a connecting cabin. i never received a word from carnival about this and i had to find out on my own.

I think they notified us because they needed to move us due to the change in persons allowed in that cabin. I am sure that we would have never known if it was just the 2 of us.