Kettles in cabins on Celebrity Silhouette sailing from Southampton?

PrincessPete

We sailed Silhouette  from Southampton in May 2019 and yes there was an electric kettle and tea  setups in our cabin when we boarded (without asking)  You can find more tea and hot chocolate in the Ocean cafe, or just asked the stateroom attendant. Enjoy your cruise!

37 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Thank you very much for the replies. Looking forward to  ️In the cabin 😀😀. You know what us Brits are like!!

Thanks again and kind regards

Worth taking a Tupperware with you to collect some nice things to enjoy with your ‘cuppa’. 

Cafe el bachio has a great selection of biscuits etc and you can get them without ordering a ‘paid for’ drink. Also late afternoon the Oceanview has an afternoon tea selection.

Enjoy!

I've sailed on the Silhouette five times from Southampton in a variety of cabin classes and every time we've had a kettle (plus tea bags, coffee sachets etc) in the room. The Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 has half-pint cartons of milk at breakfast, I usually take one of those back to the room and keep it in the minibar fridge - it usually lasts 1-2 days (aways prefer fresh milk in tea rather than those UHT cartons). The stateroom attendant will empty the minibar on request if you'd rather keep the fridge free for milk, water, soft drinks etc.

There is also a tea & coffee station in the Hideaway on deck 7 (midship, near the elevators) where you can get self-service tea and coffee with real milk.

As chemmo has also said, there is a good selection of pastries in Cafe al Bacio on deck 5, you can also get cookies (biscuits!) from the Oceanview Cafe (usually situated by the ice cream). We usually take a selection of ziplock bags - easier to stash in your pocket than the Tupperware! 😅

Enjoy the Silhouette - we're big fans!

• 3 years later...

We're sailing on Silhouette next month: does anyone know if they still provide kettles in the cabin. Morning coffee as soon as my eyes open is the only way to start my day! 😃 

Also, can I take my favourite soft drinks on board/ I don't like fizzy drinks, or sugar-high juices.

2 hours ago, ScotchBoy said:

We're sailing on Silhouette next month: does anyone know if they still provide kettles in the cabin. Morning coffee as soon as my eyes open is the only way to start my day! 😃 

Also, can I take my favourite soft drinks on board/ I don't like fizzy drinks, or sugar-high juices.

Yes they still provide kettles in the cabin and I've often seen folk take soft drinks on board. 

You can always ask for a kettle if there isn't one already in the cabin. I have been on the Beyond, Summit, Equinox and Edge in the last six months and was able to get a kettle on all of them.

• Like 1