Concern about Carnival Radiance?

jojolee1968

On 8/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, Koukla21 said:

We are set to sail on the Radiance next August 31 - September 6. I have to say, some of the reviews of the other two refurbished ships was making me a bit nervous.  Possibly, we are going at a time when some of the kiddos are back in school and that would cut back a bit on the crowds.  We are the "go with the flow" type so it would have to be really bad for us not to have a good time on any ship. I've also found that what some complain about wouldn't necessarily be a complaint of mine. I love our itinerary for this cruise to Bermuda and the dates of it work for us perfectly.  Two wins right there!  

We'll be on the same cruise. We booked this one primarily for the itinerary since DW wants to see Bermuda. People express concerns about every ship so I'm not worried about the concerns expressed so far. We also go with the flow and expect to have a blast.

What amazes me is how certain people seem to think that their opinion is the only one that has any validity.  Also the need of certain people to "defend" their beloved cruise line as if they are on the payroll or something.  It's an interesting take on human sociology.  It also doesn't matter if someone sailed on Carnival yesterday or two years ago, their opinions are equally valid.  I would place more validity on the opinions of those that don't teeter on the edge of obsessive compulsive behaviors.  

My post was simply the facts.  Nothing more.  I did not express an opinion on the refurbishment.  Simply that public space was removed to add cabins, and that no additional public space was added to the ship.  Just a reworking of the public space that remained.  It's up to each individual to make their own conclusions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I have read multiple times that "common space was taken away" from the Sunrise in areas like the comedy club and main show lounge. Looking at the deck plans between the Triumph and Sunrise, they are exactly the same. What am I missing?

This has been talked about quite a bit - I you cannot see on the deck plans you have the wrong plans. New cabin were put in the aft of deck 5 and on the front of deck 3 where the floor of the theater once was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

These three ships get bashed, now that other cruise lines are following (in major refurbs of older ships) I wonder if it will be more accepted here (doubt it).  I wonder of a lot of the people who say they would never do on these three would go on the older versions as well.  doubt that also.

Bashed is a heavy word - I think there are those who bash but most who don't like the ship have had felt that their cruise experience was not up to what they have received in the past mostly because of the new ship layout may have not been up to par and maybe wasn't thought out well in many places (again these have been discussed at length and I don't think we need to discuss again).

I don't love the ship and would only do again if it was the last and only option I had - (or free). But I would go on a fantasy ship before ship if I had could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eroller said:

What amazes me is how certain people seem to think that their opinion is the only one that has any validity.  Also the need of certain people to "defend" their beloved cruise line as if they are on the payroll or something.  It's an interesting take on human sociology.  It also doesn't matter if someone sailed on Carnival yesterday or two years ago, their opinions are equally valid.  I would place more validity on the opinions of those that don't teeter on the edge of obsessive compulsive behaviors.  

My post was simply the facts.  Nothing more.  I did not express an opinion on the refurbishment.  Simply that public space was removed to add cabins, and that no additional public space was added to the ship.  Just a reworking of the public space that remained.  It's up to each individual to make their own conclusions.  

Did I say your opinion was not valid?  Did I say my opinion was the only one that counts?  Was I defending Carnival? Helpful hint, the answer to all questions is no.  If you think that someone who has cruised the ship has the same reference point of someone who has looked at the PDF’s or a brochure, fine.  We can leave vague statements on human sociology and who is on a payroll for another time (I am not).  Place your judgements however you want.  Oh, did I quote your post when I posted mine, or was that what you were referring to in regards to obsessive compulsive behavior...

Lastly, I sail Carnival, all the time.  I post my reviews and comments on my experiences on Carnival ships, all they time.  If you find my posts offensive (they were not intended to be that), then disregard them.

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

Bashed is a heavy word - I think there are those who bash but most who don't like the ship have had felt that their cruise experience was not up to what they have received in the past mostly because of the new ship layout may have not been up to par and maybe wasn't thought out well in many places (again these have been discussed at length and I don't think we need to discuss again).

I don't love the ship and would only do again if it was the last and only option I had - (or free). But I would go on a fantasy ship before ship if I had could.

There is nothing wrong with people who do not like the ship class, I think we on the same point when you did your review.  I really was not referring to you in my post.  I was also not trying to dredge up old discussions, just making an observation.  I see the Sunrise 7 day to Bermuda has a new itinerary today due to Humberto (my daughter and her family are on the ship).  It will be interesting to see what sailing to Charleston and one day in Bermuda (as opposed to 3 days in Bermuda) does to the mindset of the cruisers on the ship when they get back to New York and tell there story. 

23 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Did I say your opinion was not valid?  Did I say my opinion was the only one that counts?  Was I defending Carnival? Helpful hint, the answer to all questions is no.  If you think that someone who has cruised the ship has the same reference point of someone who has looked at the PDF’s or a brochure, fine.  We can leave vague statements on human sociology and who is on a payroll for another time (I am not).  Place your judgements however you want.  Oh, did I quote your post when I posted mine, or was that what you were referring to in regards to obsessive compulsive behavior...

Lastly, I sail Carnival, all the time.  I post my reviews and comments on my experiences on Carnival ships, all they time.  If you find my posts offensive (they were not intended to be that), then disregard them.

What makes you think my post was directed at you?  I didn't quote you on my post.  I was speaking in general but if the shoe fits go for it.  

I have not read any of your Carnival ship reviews.  I imagine they are all glowing.  Good for you.  Obviously you are passionate about Carnival have a pattern of coming to their defense.  Maybe they need defending more than other lines IDK?  I don't have that level of loyalty or dedication to any company.  Perhaps my family but not a company.  I've sailed Carnival less than a year ago if that is somehow important to you, along with many, many other cruise lines.  Regardless I don't think that makes my opinion any more or less valid.  It's the same as everyone else here. 

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is nothing wrong with people who do not like the ship class, I think we on the same point when you did your review.  I really was not referring to you in my post.  I was also not trying to dredge up old discussions, just making an observation.  I see the Sunrise 7 day to Bermuda has a new itinerary today due to Humberto (my daughter and her family are on the ship).  It will be interesting to see what sailing to Charleston and one day in Bermuda (as opposed to 3 days in Bermuda) does to the mindset of the cruisers on the ship when they get back to New York and tell there story. 

You are very correct - Not looking to pull up old discussions either. I do agree with you that there are many bashers (which they have a right to be) I just don't think that everyone who states a negative is a basher. I took that  one word from your post - (maybe unfairly). My real point was that I would sail any other ship before these ship even Fantasy class.

I agree it will be interesting to see what New Yorkers  have to say about the trip leaving today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eroller said:

What makes you think my post was directed at you?  I didn't quote you on my post.  I was speaking in general but if the shoe fits go for it.  

I have not read any of your Carnival ship reviews.  I imagine they are all glowing.  Good for you.  Obviously you are passionate about Carnival.  I don't have that level of loyalty to any company.  Perhaps my family but not a company.  I've sailed Carnival less than a year ago if that is somehow important to you, along with many, many other cruise lines.  Regardless I don't think that makes my opinion any more or less valid.  It's the same as everyone else here. 

You really should read ALL my reviews 😉.   

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Jimbo, from where I sit (the red Frog rum bar), I think the majority of those aboard the Sunrise now are satisfied and understanding with the itinerary change and the 25% FCC given. Of course there will be some who would have wanted to dock in Bermuda in 100 mph winds. 😀

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Jimbo, from where I sit (the red Frog rum bar), I think the majority of those aboard the Sunrise now are satisfied and understanding with the itinerary change and the 25% FCC given. Of course there will be some who would have wanted to dock in Bermuda in 100 mph winds. 😀

Enjoy your B2B, say hi to my daughter for me 😉

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Will do! 😁

BTW, Boarding in Brooklyn went pretty smoothly. 😎

Enjoy, Jeff! I hope your debark is as smooth. Our debark in Brooklyn on QM2 was awful. Not the ship's fault, it was CBP.

We just booked Radiance today for the 8/10/20 Journeys cruise. Overnight in Bermuda, HMC, and Nassau. (Originally it was supposed to be a Cuba cruise.) We sailed Sunrise last month. There are definitely things I don't care for - the buffet and the Liquid Lounge in particular.  However, there are other options for breakfast and lunch, and the only times I visited the Liquid Lounge was for the muster drill and Chris Williams' one-man show.

Victory was our first cruise in 2004, the one that got us hooked. We're returning to the scene of the crime.😀