What happens in hurricane????

phabric

We are 2 senior ladies with a 10 yr granddaughter.  We will be on the Symphony August 22-29, 2020 out of MIA.

I am thinking what would happen if a hurricane hits as we are cruising exact one year from this year’s hurricane.  We will have insurance.

We plan on arriving a day or 2 before the cruise out of MIA.  When RC Air2Sea opens up for our dates, I will book our air through them.

Does RC contact you if any changes with embarkment?  If so, how - email or call?

If the ship can not get back or is late to MIA on the Saturday disembarkment day.  What happens?

Do they let you have free internet (normally I do not purchase internet) to change air flights?  Or, free phone?

Since I will book with RC Air2sea, how do I contact them?  Or, do they automatically change the flights?

I am Platinum,  will Crown and Archor loyalty agent onboard help?

Any information will help my peace of mind.

Two years ago we had an extended cruise because of a hurricane. 

We were already on board, and they allowed a free phone call and a period of time for free Internet to make changes or to notify necessary people of our travel changes. 

The loyalty ambassador may assist, but your crown and anchor status will not be a factor.    Almost everyone on board will need some kind of assistance. 

The folks that were on the cruise that became a short cruise received notification from Royal Caribbean about the changes. 

Make sure Royal Caribbean has your contact information, text or email, and they will keep you updated as well as they can. 

I hope that you will have no issues and that you have an enjoyable cruise 

M

2 hours ago, phabric said:

We are 2 senior ladies with a 10 yr granddaughter.  We will be on the Symphony August 22-29, 2020 out of MIA.

I am thinking what would happen if a hurricane hits as we are cruising exact one year from this year’s hurricane.  We will have insurance.

We plan on arriving a day or 2 before the cruise out of MIA.  When RC Air2Sea opens up for our dates, I will book our air through them.

Does RC contact you if any changes with embarkment?  If so, how - email or call?

If the ship can not get back or is late to MIA on the Saturday disembarkment day.  What happens?

Do they let you have free internet (normally I do not purchase internet) to change air flights?  Or, free phone?

Since I will book with RC Air2sea, how do I contact them?  Or, do they automatically change the flights?

I am Platinum,  will Crown and Archor loyalty agent onboard help?

Any information will help my peace of mind.

Seriously?  Read the current thread on upcoming cruises.  There is no way to know what they would do.

6 hours ago, phabric said:

I was on a cruise that had an adjusted return date due to a storm, we had booked our flights through Air2Sea, they automatically updated our return flights and the new flight info and confirmation numbers were placed in our "mailbox" outside the cabin. They made it very easy and we were happy to have used Air2Sea and not have to deal with it on our own (especially with ever changing return ETA's being announced).