29 day cruise with mini bar set up

4x4bob

Got it.  But what happens if you booked it as one 29 day cruise  instead of two separate ones.   Will you get two internet packages?    This cruise is not medallion.   Our last b2b  was medallion and I pre purchased the unlimited package so I did not pay attention to my elite minutes.

Thanks

On 8/31/2019 at 12:57 AM, satxdiver said:

Not only will you get the second minibar setup but also any OBC such as shareholder, military etc for the second cruise plus you will get 2 cruises added to your history.  

No, we didn't get 2 shareholder benefits only one. That's the only difference to what you said.

16 hours ago, suzyed said:

We did a Med/TA, they gave us the 2 credits and they split the 500 internet minutes but we didn't get 2 shareholder benefits.
We are doing a S. America one next year that we booked as one but it is a B2B also....2 credits but don't know about the shareholder benefit?  I'm thinking that since we only have one booking number it will just be the one benefit that we get.

Correct, one shareholder benefit per booking number.

When deciding if booking a B2B as one or two cruises has the lowest cost, one needs to take into account:

a) FCD OBC total for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

b) Stock holder OBC for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

c) Any booking OBC for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

d) If the same cabin is available for both segments

e) Any cruise pricing difference between one long cruise of the total for two shorter cruises

And depending on the lengths of each segment, the answers can be different from one cruise you take to another.

27 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Just making sure I have this right, we are going on the Majestic Princess 18th February from Adelaide there is also a segment sold from Perth, does that mean we can have our mini bar topped up (we are Elite)??

Check you cruise history and see if 2 credits appear for your single future booking on the Majestic, meaning Princess is recognizing the two segments, if so then yes on turnaround day , you will receive another mini bar setup as elite.

14 hours ago, wallyj said:

Check you cruise history and see if 2 credits appear for your single future booking on the Majestic, meaning Princess is recognizing the two segments, if so then yes on turnaround day , you will receive another mini bar setup as elite.

Thank you just checked my cruise history and it is only 1 credit, I'm still happy about getting a mini bar set up, I wonder we are going to take 2 bottles on board with us in Adelaide if we use them before Western Australia I wonder if we can take 2 more on board there?

19 hours ago, caribill said:

Correct, one shareholder benefit per booking number.

When deciding if booking a B2B as one or two cruises has the lowest cost, one needs to take into account:

a) FCD OBC total for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

b) Stock holder OBC for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

c) Any booking OBC for one time for a long cruise vs twice for two shorter cruises

d) If the same cabin is available for both segments

e) Any cruise pricing difference between one long cruise of the total for two shorter cruises

And depending on the lengths of each segment, the answers can be different from one cruise you take to another.

Exactly how we chose to book our S. America cruise as one!  While we will not get the two share holder benefits everything else made it advantageous to book it as one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, subaru94 said:

Thank you just checked my cruise history and it is only 1 credit, I'm still happy about getting a mini bar set up, I wonder we are going to take 2 bottles on board with us in Adelaide if we use them before Western Australia I wonder if we can take 2 more on board there?

Once on board check with the captain circle host/hostess to verify the shorther segments are not being counted as a 'logical' sailI got. Mistakes do happen and they will clarify if your single sailing was sold as shorther segments why the extra credits are not showing in your cruise history. As I previously posted, there are exceptions and the circle host can verify.

i think bringing additional bottles of wine at the start of another segment has has mixed results, some have reported they have been able and others not.

23 hours ago, wallyj said:

My experience is that is does not matter how you booked the cruise or how many cruise credits you get. Each turnaround day an Elite mini-bar setup is put in your cabin.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

My experience is that is does not matter how you booked the cruise or how many cruise credits you get. Each turnaround day an Elite mini-bar setup is put in your cabin.

My friends who did the Golden sailing earlier this year, Sydney to LA and only received ONE minibar and ONE cruise credit, even though Princess sold a shorther Sydney to Auckland segment, so on turnaround day they did NOT receive an additional minibar. Also while a grapevine was held on the shorther segment, they were told they would only be entitled to go to the ONE on the Auckland to LA segment. Check with captain circle to make sure as exceptions have been reported. I think the reason for this exception was the shorter segment was a late add on and not on the original schedule, meaning it was added just a few months prior to sailing.