29 day cruise with mini bar set up

4x4bob

Our up coming 29 day cruise is two short cruises stitched together and is sold as one cruise.  I will get a mini bar set up the first day of the cruise as an elite.  However, my question is will I get a second setup for the next two week segment?  Will be in an Ocean View cabin. 

Thanks

Bob

23 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

Our up coming 29 day cruise is two short cruises stitched together and is sold as one cruise.  I will get a mini bar set up the first day of the cruise as an elite.  However, my question is will I get a second setup for the next two week segment?  Will be in an Ocean View cabin. 

Thanks

Bob

Whenever we book a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises we’ve received an Elite minibar for each cruise so you’ll get 2 of them.  Near the end of the first cruise you can call room service to modify the items for the next cruise segment.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Whenever we book a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises we’ve received an Elite minibar for each cruise so you’ll get 2 of them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.  You provided good news.

Bob

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Not only will you get the second minibar setup but also any OBC such as shareholder, military etc for the second cruise plus you will get 2 cruises added to your history.  

OP will only get double shareholders and military if booked as two separate cruises, from the original question, it seems OP booked as one cruise with only one booking number, else why would the question be asked?

Princess calls this a 'logical' sailing which is why 2 cruise credits will post even though only booked as one cruise. Many years ago, you would have to request the extra cruise credit with zero days, Now they have updated thier system to do automatically if cruises can be booked as separate shorter segments.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I have a cruise booked for April that is also sold as two cruises so I will find out the real answer.  

Satxdiver, if you have already applied for Shareholders as Princess now allows you to request now instead of waiting 2 months before saildate, almost certain you will only see shareholder benefits based on your single booking number of days. I have sailed/booked  a 14 day sailing that could be booked as 2 seven day , received only one shareholder benefit in the amount of $250, not $100 times two for each 7 day segment.

Please report back if you experience a different outcome.

29 minutes ago, wallyj said:

OP will only get double shareholders and military if booked as two separate cruises, from the original question, it seems OP booked as one cruise with only one booking number, else why would the question be asked?

Princess calls this a 'logical' sailing which is why 2 cruise credits will post even though only booked as one cruise. Many years ago, you would have to request the extra cruise credit with zero days, Now they have updated thier system to do automatically if cruises can be booked as separate shorter segments.

22 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I have a cruise booked for April that is also sold as two cruises so I will find out the real answer.  

I’ve done this several times & had the same experiences as wallyj...OBCs are based on the length of how it’s booked and we get a minibar & cruise credit for each cruise no matter how it’s booked.

My November ccruise was booked as a single 28 day cruise & because it can be book as 3 shorter cruises my Cruise History shows 3 cruise credits.  Every time that has happened we’ve received a minibar for each shorter cruise so we’ll get 3 of them.  All of our OBCs (military, shareholder, FCD, Loyalty) are based on our 28 day booking.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I think I am booked on the same 29 day cruise leaving in November that I purchased as one cruise but was also sold as 2 separate cruises. 

My question is that I will turn Elite a few days before the first cruise ends in Fort Lauderdale, so will I be recognised as turning Elite and receive a minibar (normally given to Elites) for the 2nd cruise?

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

I think I am booked on the same 29 day cruise leaving in November that I purchased as one cruise but was also sold as 2 separate cruises. 

My question is that I will turn Elite a few days before the first cruise ends in Fort Lauderdale, so will I be recognised as turning Elite and receive a minibar (normally given to Elites) for the 2nd cruise?

Hi Rassa, I conclude from your statement you will turn Elite a few days before the first cruise ends, you will be reaching your 150th cruise day. Days and cruise credits are not 'posted' till cruise completion so you will not achieve 'Elite'  till your next cruise. If you had booked as two separate cruises, then yes, you would be 'Elite' for the second segment as those days from the first sailing post at completion. It is usually suggested to have a chat with the Captain Circle Host/Hostess during the first cruise if you are graduating levels so they make sure the posting is recorded so your correct level is reflected in your next segment.

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt work for us on Golden when we went from Ruby to Platinum

mid cruise. These b2bs are often only sold by agents as a single

cruise in the uk, until Princess gets them to mop up

any outstanding cabins .

It also means shareholders cant get 2 lots of obc.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:56 PM, wallyj said:

Hi Rassa, I conclude from your statement you will turn Elite a few days before the first cruise ends, you will be reaching your 150th cruise day. Days and cruise credits are not 'posted' till cruise completion so you will not achieve 'Elite'  till your next cruise. If you had booked as two separate cruises, then yes, you would be 'Elite' for the second segment as those days from the first sailing post at completion. It is usually suggested to have a chat with the Captain Circle Host/Hostess during the first cruise if you are graduating levels so they make sure the posting is recorded so your correct level is reflected in your next segment.

7 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Didnt work for us on Golden when we went from Ruby to Platinum

mid cruise. These b2bs are often only sold by agents as a single

cruise in the uk, until Princess gets them to mop up

any outstanding cabins .

It also means shareholders cant get 2 lots of obc.

Thanks I thought that was the answer.   I purchased the cruise direct from Princess when it was released.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:07 AM, wallyj said:

I have done many cruises that we booked as one but have only received one cruise credit.  I just looked and in my history and on my upcoming one which is two segments, they have it down as 2 credits ( 2 because it is in a suite) but according to you, I should receive 4.   Now,  I have one for next year and it is down as 4 ( again double because of the suite).  It really does not matter because we are way beyond elite.  Although the 2 extra ones would but us in a higher category to get a little more OBC.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:57 AM, satxdiver said:

Not only will you get the second minibar setup but also any OBC such as shareholder, military etc for the second cruise plus you will get 2 cruises added to your history.  

Really?  How do you apply for the secone Shareholder credit?

There are a few exceptions, for example earlier this year friends of mine did the Transpacific from Sydney to LA on the Golden Princess. Princess added at last minute a shorther segment of Sydney to Auckland. So you could have booked as two segments, Sydney to Auckland and then Auckland to LA. My friends only got ONE cruise credit and ONE minibar setup as they booked as one cruise Sydney to LA. They asked the captain circle host and were told because the shorther segment was a last minute filler, it was not considered a logical sailing.

it is best to ask the circle host onboard if you are on a cruise that can be booked as shorther segments, if you will receive the cruise credits for each segment and if not, why?

i am booked on the 21 day Sapphire sailing out of SiN next Feb, it is also sold as a 11 day and 10 day B2B. I booked as the one 21 day sailing, my cruise history is showing I will earn 2 credits.

6 hours ago, wallyj said:

i am booked on the 21 day Sapphire sailing out of SiN next Feb, it is also sold as a 11 day and 10 day B2B. I booked as the one 21 day sailing, my cruise history is showing I will earn 2 credits.

I am on this cruise and also booked it as one 21 day sailing.   My cruise history shows 2 credits as well so does this mean we will get a second mini-bar and second lot of internet minutes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, datone said:

I am on this cruise and also booked it as one 21 day sailing.   My cruise history shows 2 credits as well so does this mean we will get a second mini-bar and second lot of internet minutes?

We did a Med/TA, they gave us the 2 credits and they split the 500 internet minutes but we didn't get 2 shareholder benefits.
We are doing a S. America one next year that we booked as one but it is a B2B also....2 credits but don't know about the shareholder benefit?  I'm thinking that since we only have one booking number it will just be the one benefit that we get.

30 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We did a Med/TA, they gave us the 2 credits and they split the 500 internet minutes but we didn't get 2 shareholder benefits.
We are doing a S. America one next year that we booked as one but it is a B2B also....2 credits but don't know about the shareholder benefit?  I'm thinking that since we only have one booking number it will just be the one benefit that we get.

Only one shareholder credit is given.We have done many long cruises (booked as one but sold in segments too)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Don't understand splitting them.   Did you get double minutes?

Your plat/elite internet minutes are allocated based on how your cruise was booked. 

It has been reported on ships that have converted to Medallion Net, your internet minutes will be allocated on the total length you are on the ship, no matter if you booked seperate shorther segments. So far, the Internet manager will adjust and add minutes if you find you will run out and give you back your 'missing' minutes. For example, I booked the Ruby Princess in February as a B2B2B, which was a 7 day, 5 day and 4 day cruise. This ship is converted to Medallion Net. When I first logged on the system showed my free minutes based on a 16 day voyage, even though I booked as 3 seperate cruises with 3 different booking numbers. When I got close to using up my free minutes the internet manager added the minutes I should have received. Geoherb posted on another thread, booked B2B on the Island, Vancouver to Whitter and Back as 2 seperate bookings. Received only 250 minutes but should have received 150 for each 7 day cruise so a total of 300 minutes. The internet manager added the additional 50 minutes .