10:15 am flight out of Miami?

Has anyone booked an early flight with success? We will be on the Navigator and back at the Miami port on a Friday morning and plan to self-disembark. I know it all depends on the ship getting cleared, but I can only remember one time we experienced a delay and that was many years ago in San Diego. Looking at our flight options I am almost willing to take a chance. 

Friday morning can see traffic.   Could add 10-15 minutes  to taxi ride, normally  under 1/2 hour. Uber will be a source of confusion. Plus TSA lines which could be long.

Worth a shot,  sure. But have a backup flight picked out if you miss yours.

2 hours ago, 5soonerfans said:

Has anyone booked an early flight with success? We will be on the Navigator and back at the Miami port on a Friday morning and plan to self-disembark. I know it all depends on the ship getting cleared, but I can only remember one time we experienced a delay and that was many years ago in San Diego. Looking at our flight options I am almost willing to take a chance. 

Do you have TSA pre-check?  If so, I would say  "go for it."

If not, GET IT.  🙂

I will be on the Navigator and also the same 4 night cruise departing on Friday, we booked the 10:30 am flight, we don't want to sit over 3 hours at the airport....I am sure we make it, I do recall a few years back getting off a ship in Miami and getting to the airport, we jumped on the earlier flight.  Anything can happen its a chance, but on all my cruises even not walking off our luggage we always ended up getting off by 9:30, so this time we get off earlier and I heard from a few people the Miami terminal is so easy, it has passport recognization so you don't have to go up to customs individually and this stops having those long lines too.

Thanks everyone. We do have TSA Pre-check. We just flew home from Miami yesterday and everything went quickly. Although, I do think a lot of people had changed their flights to earlier days because of Dorian and the airport was not very busy. We were there for a wedding on Saturday and was supposed to be on the Navigator today, but did not want to stay around until Wednesday for a shortened 2 night cruise. We are going to take a chance and have a back-up plan just in case. 

You are asking perfect strangers if it is possible to make a flight, prior the recommended time and who may have successfully done something once, as your basis to justify if you want to take the chance.  I say do it.  But if I find you in a standby line at the airport with you tags still attached to your luggage, don't get mad if I start laughing!

This is VERY doable, if not easy, by doing self-assist and just getting off when they clear the ship.  Go for it!  You'll probably end up hanging out at the airport for quite a while even with the 10AM flight.