NCL Encore regretting booking?

Barker16

Some guidance on booking the newly built Encore for December 1 is needed. My boyfriend and I got caught up in the moment with a really good sales person from NCL lol . We have booked the Encore for the 2 of us and my 75 year old parents without doing any homework on this boat. Now looking through the pictures I see that there is not a lot of outdoor space around the pool. Even the viewing platform is all inside. Coming from Canada we wanted to be outside in the sun as much as possible before we come back to the snow. With 3 days at sea this could make for some panicked mornings to get space near the pool. It seems the laser tag area takes up a huge amount of room that we are not interested in using.

We have paid in full does anyone know if we would be able to rebook on a different ship and how much it would cost? Would the breakaway be a better fit? Maybe there is someone out there that knows a bit more about this new ship than what NCL has put online.

We will make the most out of it as of course we are on vacation but want the best for my parents.

You are within 25% penalty period to change your reservation. If sun is a must, show up to the port very early and purchase Vibe Club passes. Or show up early on sea days to claim a prized lounger in the sun. Many people think that sitting next to the pool is a must, others are happy to be up on the upper sundeck around the pool. 

Even if you get up before dawn for a lounger by the pool, it will get packed. I don’t like crowds so always grab loungers a couple of decks up from the pool. If you book another cruise your current cruise will be considered a cancellation with fees being charged. All of the away class ships have a crowded pool deck, but even the older ships have big crowds by the pools.

You have the Waterfront if you want outdoor space at no charge. You can pay extra for VIBE access but you don't need VIBE for outdoor relaxing.

Encore will be a great ship even if it isn't #1 as far as "favorite ship". We make fun of the hull art because....just because.

Enjoy your cruise.

29 minutes ago, Barker16 said:

Some guidance on booking the newly built Encore for December 1 is needed. My boyfriend and I got caught up in the moment with a really good sales person from NCL lol . We have booked the Encore for the 2 of us and my 75 year old parents without doing any homework on this boat. Now looking through the pictures I see that there is not a lot of outdoor space around the pool. Even the viewing platform is all inside. Coming from Canada we wanted to be outside in the sun as much as possible before we come back to the snow. With 3 days at sea this could make for some panicked mornings to get space near the pool. It seems the laser tag area takes up a huge amount of room that we are not interested in using.

We have paid in full does anyone know if we would be able to rebook on a different ship and how much it would cost? Would the breakaway be a better fit? Maybe there is someone out there that knows a bit more about this new ship than what NCL has put online.

We will make the most out of it as of course we are on vacation but want the best for my parents.

What kind of cabins do you have? It might be cheaper to upgrade to a balcony if you don't already have one

instead of re-booking. That said, looking at the deck plans I think there are a decent amount of places to get some

sun but you are probably right, not by the pool without some logistical planning.

I see that there is a Vibe club on board that may be for us no pool but hot tubs. Hopefully it wont sell out before we get on board . Does anyone know what the price is for this? We have a balcony but would like to be out around activities during the day . What is the cancellation cost for us to change to another vacation if we decide?

1 hour ago, Barker16 said:

I see that there is a Vibe club on board that may be for us no pool but hot tubs. Hopefully it wont sell out before we get on board . Does anyone know what the price is for this? We have a balcony but would like to be out around activities during the day . What is the cancellation cost for us to change to another vacation if we decide?

I believe the price is $209 US for the week on the other “away class” ships.