Most crowded pool deck and least crowded

never_cruised

45 minutes ago, clo said:

For the life of me (not really!) I'll never understand why some people still believe that a "tan" is attractive much less safe.

Having had several melanomas removed - and numerous lesions excised or frozen off - I am paying for early careless years - shipboard and “on the beach”, and I am amazed by the rows upon rows of baskers - reminiscent of wieners on the grill (and probably as intelligent, given what we now know) spending their at-sea days building up a legacy of future problems.

• Like 1

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

Having had several melanomas removed - and numerous lesions excised or frozen off - I am paying for early careless years - shipboard and “on the beach”, and I am amazed by the rows upon rows of baskers - reminiscent of wieners on the grill (and probably as intelligent, given what we now know) spending their at-sea days building up a legacy of future problems.

Praise the she-lord.  Not your medical history but for speaking up.  Love your "wiener" analogy 🙂

We aren't big pool people but do enjoy the 'spa' pool on some Princess ships.  It is located below the Sanctuary (but is not a part of it), is adults only, has old fashioned teak loungers with thick cushions, great shade is available, bleachers, plus for those who want to sit in the sun there are 'regular' loungers up a short flight of stairs.  It is never crowded - probably because most people don't even realize it is there!

images.jpg.3babc7c4b9712363c069f7b339533a48.jpg

1746498914_SpaPool.jpg.7722f34cc91ce50c3603c4e2601cb5b6.jpg

Edited by capriccio

On 9/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, DarrenM said:

I have only been on celebrity edge but even on sea days it was not that crowded around the pool. And there were loads of loungers available.

The biggest issue was getting served at the bar. Really crowded. Mainly by ignorant sorts who seem to think the bar is for them to sit and block others getting served. Whilst they enjoy their cocktails which take about 10 minutes to make.

It's a bar with chairs. What do you think those chairs are there for??? Calling someone ignorant for using something for what they were specifically made for doesn't sound ignorant to me. May they enjoy many more cocktails while sitting in those chairs. 

If it takes to long for the bartenders to make the drinks I'm sure there are other bars that would be more to your liking.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 3:49 AM, ReneeFLL said:

It's a bar with chairs. What do you think those chairs are there for??? Calling someone ignorant for using something for what they were specifically made for doesn't sound ignorant to me. May they enjoy many more cocktails while sitting in those chairs. 

If it takes to long for the bartenders to make the drinks I'm sure there are other bars that would be more to your liking.

I just saw this thread and that post you replied to just blows my mind!  Oh, wait.  I just saw who posted it.  They're known for their comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floridababa said:

NCL is the worst ever.  I won't travel on NCL if I might want to lay out and enjoy the pool

You live in Florida.  Don't you get enough sun to last a lifetime 🙂

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's two of us Lenny. Including the hot tubs. 

Well, we're not "avid cruisers" but we've never been to a ship's pool or spa.  We have a spa at home but it's never used in summer.

41 minutes ago, clo said:

Well, we're not "avid cruisers" but we've never been to a ship's pool or spa.  We have a spa at home but it's never used in summer.

I have never been in a hot tub on a ship either.We do not have a spa at home or a pool.

I was last in a public pool in 1986 .

On 9/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, clo said:

Praise the she-lord.  Not your medical history but for speaking up.  Love your "wiener" analogy 🙂

I was a sun worshipper in my teen years and I have had several squamous cell cancers .Now I use sunscreen 365/366 days a year and stay out of the sun as much as possible.I have several friends who still are sun worshippers even though they are elderly..

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was a sun worshipper in my teen years

Oh, I also.  Our generation.  I've had a number of basal cell carcinomas that were definitely attributed to all that foolish sunning.  And from a pure 'beauty' standpoint, all that sun does is make your skin look O. L. D.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That's two of us Lenny. Including the hot tubs. 

I have seen enough people soaking in hot tubs for far longer than the recommended time - while drinking enough beers to have likely mandated bathroom breaks - which were not taken.  I have no interest in soaking in someone else’s septic tank.

The notion of getting in a hot tub which has probably had hundreds of users since the last time the water was changed gives me the collywobbles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clo said:

Oh, I also.  Our generation.  I've had a number of basal cell carcinomas that were definitely attributed to all that foolish sunning.  And from a pure 'beauty' standpoint, all that sun does is make your skin look O. L. D.

I have a neighbor who is in his mid 80’s.In the summer he sits outside his house  with his shirt off for about 4 hours a day getting the suns rays. He also smokes cigars.I do not know him personally ,therefore,I would not say anything to him.

22 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The notion of getting in a hot tub which has probably had hundreds of users since the last time the water was changed gives me the collywobbles.

As well it should.  (Missed you.)

22 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I have seen enough people soaking in hot tubs for far longer than the recommended time - while drinking enough beers to have likely mandated bathroom breaks - which were not taken.  I have no interest in soaking in someone else’s septic tank.

The same can be said for pools .That is why I have only been in a public pool once as an adult.When I was a kid going to pools there was not much else to do on a hot summer day.

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The same can be said for pools .That is why I have only been in a public pool once as an adult.When I was a kid going to pools there was not much else to do on a hot summer day.

A spa/hot tub is considerably hotter than a swimming pool and likely has a lower level of chemicals.  In addition I've been told that more cooties live on the edge of the spa than actually in the water.

3 minutes ago, clo said:

A spa/hot tub is considerably hotter than a swimming pool and likely has a lower level of chemicals.  In addition I've been told that more cooties live on the edge of the spa than actually in the water.

That was not my point of reference.I was referring to people in hot tubs and or pools who do not leave when they need to use the bathroom.

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That was not my point of reference.I was referring to people in hot tubs and or pools who do not leave when they need to use the bathroom.

Actually I think that was navybankerteacher's point.