Unable to Make Christmas Dinner Reservations

Ready2go11

Several family members and I have taken a Christmas cruise on HAL for the last 10 years. We always have dinner in the Pinnacle on Christmas night and reserve online ahead of time. We booked this year’s cruise in May. Via the website, no speciality restaurants can be booked on Christmas Eve or Christmas night. All other dates of the cruise are available. Since I knew they could not already be fully booked in May, I called HAL customer service and the agent said they are still “formulating their special menus” at all restaurants, implying it was done like this every year. In my years of experience, we have never been offered a special menu on Christmas night in the Pinnacle, only the regular menu. 

I don't know if they are waiting until closer to open it up so more people who book their cruises later have an opportunity to eat at a restaurant and not in the main dining room on these dates, or if they will indeed serve some special menu. In any event, this long time, frequent cruiser is annoyed, and will be more so if we are not able to continue our tradition of a Pinnacle Christmas dinner when we planned well ahead! 

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

How special is the menu?

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

How special is the menu?

Last December there was a special dinner for Christmas Day, & New Year's eve in the Pinnacle, and a "family style special dinner" in Canaletto.  The menu was a a secret, and I never did find out how they were.  I wasn't going to spend the extra for something I might not care for.  

I think HAL in general is having a lot of issues with their web site and computer systems.  I called about not being able to see excursions for December and they offered a lame excuse and within two hours, I was able to see all that I had not been able to before.  

Later I talked with an employee who works in finance,  I know personally,  and she said HAL’ s computer operations are a nightmare for employees as well.  SO my take is CALL when you see something.  I don’t think the feed back button is they best way too report issues though I use it often! ☹️

23 hours ago, Ready2go11 said:

Oh my, just logged in again and now it is open for reservation when it wasn't last night. Maybe throwing my wish (or complaint) out to the universe made it happen!  😀👍

Can you do this yourself, online, even if you use a TA instead of a PCC?

20 hours ago, kazu said:

Absolutely.  You can book anything on the website.  No need for a TA or a PCC 😉 

I tried to do this yesterday for our December 16th sailing, and it required a phone call for reservations.  Is this another HAL website quirk or just one peculiar to this cruise?

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I tried to do this yesterday for our December 16th sailing, and it required a phone call for reservations.  Is this another HAL website quirk or just one peculiar to this cruise?

Usually, it’s the website.  I’m not sure why it would be peculiar to your cruise.

With the HAL website, anything is possible 😉 :classic_unsure:

• Thanks 1