Sales

LukeyC

So--I just paid the balance for my cruise.  My travel agent said that from the time of booking (deposit) until the time of the cruise, if it's at a lower price, I can get the difference back.  I understand that now that the balance is paid, it would only be available in an onboard credit.

Anyhow--the agent already got $200 knocked off from a sale a few months ago....but what about Black Friday?  Does RC run any Black Friday deals that may get me some onboard credit?  If so, do you know where I would watch out for this at so I could let the agent know to take advantage? THANKS! :)

Regardless of when you pay off your cruise, after the final payment date you get nothing if the price goes down. No OBC - your TA is quite mistaken. The best you could hope for is if a higher category also goes down in price and you can upgrade. 

• Like 1

The above also assumes US/North America booking rules. Other regions have different booking rules (i.e. in the UK you don't get any price drops, regardless of final payment date)

There are some sales that are for new bookings only and you can't get that price as a price drop, but for most (regardless of holiday) you can get the price drop if it's before the final payment date or upgrade before or after final payment.

• Like 1

Once final payment date has passed, you get nothing if the price goes down.  You can move up to another category if you want.  When we did Harmony, the JS went down below what we paid for our balcony, so we upgraded to a JS at no cost.  But we got no $$ back, just upgraded to a bigger cabin. 

Edited by karena1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, LukeyC said:

So--I just paid the balance for my cruise.  My travel agent said that from the time of booking (deposit) until the time of the cruise, if it's at a lower price, I can get the difference back.  I understand that now that the balance is paid, it would only be available in an onboard credit.

Anyhow--the agent already got $200 knocked off from a sale a few months ago....but what about Black Friday?  Does RC run any Black Friday deals that may get me some onboard credit?  If so, do you know where I would watch out for this at so I could let the agent know to take advantage? THANKS! 🙂

If that is actually what your travel agent said, do you know what time it is?  Time for a new travel agent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If that is actually what your travel agent said, do you know what time it is?  Time for a new travel agent.

What part is untrue?  I just want to make sure I understand the policy completely. 🙂

30 minutes ago, LukeyC said:

What part is untrue?  I just want to make sure I understand the policy completely. 🙂

I will explain again.  After the final payment date, which is 90 days before you sail if your cruise is 5 or more nights in length, you are not eligible for any price drops.  (75 days if it's 4 nights).  (Your cruise is either 4 or 5 nights.) 

No refunds. Not in cash, not in OBC, not in M&Ms.  

SOMETIMES, under certain circumstances, if a category above yours is now the same or less than what you paid for your cabin, they will let you have that higher category.  If it is less YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY BACK.

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

See posts 2 thru 5

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I will explain again.  After the final payment date, which is 90 days before you sail if your cruise is 5 or more nights in length, you are not eligible for any price drops.  (75 days if it's 4 nights).  (Your cruise is either 4 or 5 nights.) 

No refunds. Not in cash, not in OBC, not in M&Ms.  

SOMETIMES, under certain circumstances, if a category above yours is now the same or less than what you paid for your cabin, they will let you have that higher category.  If it is less YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY BACK.

You can tell you are a mother and a former teacher.  You have a lot more patience than I do😇