Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

Thank you so much for your review, Sid.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  We did our very first B2B on the Horizon and it was nice to reminisce.  Thanks for all your Alchemy drink pictures too....gives me lots of ideas for when we sail the Panorama next May.  🙂  I look forward to your other reviews as well!  

• Like 1

Wow sorry I missed the live review but glad I found this. 

I celebrated my 50th this year on the Vista. Happy late birthday and thanks for taking us along. Loved the pics of the ports and the beaches and beautiful Miami. (Oh and the drinks!) I’ll have to check out the Hotlanta thread.  I’ll be on board December 1 for sure! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

Wow sorry I missed the live review but glad I found this. 

I celebrated my 50th this year on the Vista. Happy late birthday and thanks for taking us along. Loved the pics of the ports and the beaches and beautiful Miami. (Oh and the drinks!) I’ll have to check out the Hotlanta thread.  I’ll be on board December 1 for sure! 

Thanks for finding it, Beahiekeen!... Hope to "see" you in December...

43 minutes ago, christydore said:

Great review Sid. Quick question, how did you find the temperature on board and in your room. There is a big post on Facebook Horizon page today with a bunch of people that had recently sailed saying how hot it was on board and that the AC was not working in areas. Can you confirm?

My room was plenty cool... There were some areas of the ship that were unusually warm at times, but it wasn't a huge issue to me..

Another great review Sid, as always. 

As a fellow tequila drinker, and lover of coffee, suggestion for you. Have you tried Patron XO Cafe? It's coffee flavored tequila. I found it on a cruise actually. I like to mix it with tequila cream or drink it on the rocks.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pohlerbear said:

As a fellow tequila drinker, and lover of coffee, suggestion for you. Have you tried Patron XO Cafe? It's coffee flavored tequila. I found it on a cruise actually. I like to mix it with tequila cream or drink it on the rocks.  

Now that sounds good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, christydore said:

Great review Sid. Quick question, how did you find the temperature on board and in your room. There is a big post on Facebook Horizon page today with a bunch of people that had recently sailed saying how hot it was on board and that the AC was not working in areas. Can you confirm?

The rooms were cool, but there are some strange warm spots around the ship.  Only time it was bad was waiting for elevators.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Another great review Sid, as always. 

licor  de almendras al tequila tekali 750 ml

If you ever get a chance try this. Better than Patron XO Cafe, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hi Sid,

it was a wonderful cruise and my group (mostly Trey and his friend Alex) had a great time meeting and talking  with you.  The Alchemy bar was the best place on the ship. Lana hooked Trey up with her FB account & wow is all I can say. If you’re ever in Utah we’d love to entertain you. Happy Birthday and have a great 50 more years. 

1C57ED31-0B69-4DC9-836A-A4A29DAAFB29.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Houst said:

Hi Sid,

it was a wonderful cruise and my group (mostly Trey and his friend Alex) had a great time meeting and talking  with you.  The Alchemy bar was the best place on the ship. Lana hooked Trey up with her FB account & wow is all I can say. If you’re ever in Utah we’d love to entertain you. Happy Birthday and have a great 50 more years. 

1C57ED31-0B69-4DC9-836A-A4A29DAAFB29.jpeg

Thanks, Houst... It was great meeting you and your entire group as well... I'm missing Lana and Annamaria already...

Fun times lurking through your trip with you, Sid. I am sailing on the Panorama in February, my first Vista class, so it was fun seeing a similar ship. And I can't wait to try JiJi's. I accidentally reserved two nights and was going to cancel one. Now I think I will keep them both!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Fun times lurking through your trip with you, Sid. I am sailing on the Panorama in February, my first Vista class, so it was fun seeing a similar ship. And I can't wait to try JiJi's. I accidentally reserved two nights and was going to cancel one. Now I think I will keep them both!

Jiji Asian is the best restaurant on the ship...

• Like 1

For the past couple of hours I've been tabulating usernames for my traditional thank you list... I noticed that there are a lot of new readers and names that I don't recognize, as well as "the usual suspects" (you know who you are...)

Hopefully, by Friday I should have the list complete, and typed up... Thank you all again so much for your comments and dialogue throughout this adventure. You all are the reason that I spend a good bit of my vacation time documenting and trying to give you something different than the usual cruise reviews...

• Like 18

I always seem to be late to the party, but I’ve been bingeing on this trip report and am now in the realm of your Ay Tee El thread...thanks for putting them out there for all of us. Happy belated birthday...your “online” birthday is the same date as my actual bday, but alas, I wasn’t able to celebrate on a ship. Glad you have another to look forward to soon! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hooked! said:

I always seem to be late to the party, but I’ve been bingeing on this trip report and am now in the realm of your Ay Tee El thread...thanks for putting them out there for all of us. Happy belated birthday...your “online” birthday is the same date as my actual bday, but alas, I wasn’t able to celebrate on a ship. Glad you have another to look forward to soon! 

Thanks for making your way over here... Better late than never:) Hopefully enough going on over in the Ay Tee El to keep you busy until the Encore cruise...

On 9/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, sid_9169 said:

Want to talk about a good night's sleep, well I just had the best one in years... I don't know if it's the bed or the drinks or what... Probably just the Horizon rocking me to bed, knowing that I'm in my happy place...

We were on the Horizon in April and thought the bed was awesome!

Edited by ktmush2
Omission
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for making your way over here... Better late than never:) Hopefully enough going on over in the Ay Tee El to keep you busy until the Encore cruise...

I too just finished reading this great thread! Thanks for sharing your birthday and vacation with us. 

I tried to send you a message but it won't let me.  I wanted to ask a favor of you for your next cruise on the Encore.  Will you email me at my username at yahoo?  Thanks!  Bonstersd

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 12:51 PM, sid_9169 said:

Going back in time a bit... When I was in the line about to enter the boarding tunnel, a lady comes up to me and says "are you the guy?"  I said, I guess so. What do you mean? She says " you know. The cruise critic?"... I said, oh, well in that case, I am "the guy"...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sid - you did a fantastic job!  Thank you.

I don't think ANYONE is expecting a thank you for your birthday wishes - speaking for myself, the plethora of information (laced with sarcasm and humor) was more than enough!

We did this same itinerary on Dream out of NOLA a few years back - We LOVED La Romana - We did a river tour along the river that they filmed Jurassic Park and Predator (etc).  It was our absolute favorite stop.  And since embarking in NOLA, it was a party before we even started!  What we didn't know is every beach in Curacao is man-made, and therefore, they usually charged a fee just to go to the beach.  Great snorkeling though...  Just a bummer that everyone has their hand out.  We also loved ARUBA - beaches were spotless!  But if you go to Aruba, go to a "beach" that has restrooms and beverages.  Just general info for anyone headed that direction!

Glad you are home safe and sound.  Hope the Cruise Hangover doesn't last too long - sounds like you have another to look forward to soon.  That does help!

Later!

• Like 1

Well, it's better late than never... I have just now finished going through every single post, and every single page, and have completed writing down every single username of all you fine people who participated in this grand adventure... Hopefully, by tomorrow I'll type it all up, and will finally bring this "review" to it's conclusion...

IMG_20191005_125613631.jpg

• Like 8