Any ships to GSC since Dorian.

stormynow

Great to hear. The Breakaway made a call there during its relief supply cruise. Having a crew of 1600 to help with the clean up must have really helped. 

RCCL opened Coco Cay (Right next to GSC) immediately after the hurricane. Their guest complained about Smelly, rotting sea weed washed up on their beaches making them unusable. Happy that NCL took the time to do the clean up right. 

We were suppose to go to GSC during the hurricane. Obviously we missed it. That 0 for 2 to GSC for us this year. 

1 hour ago, SuzyQ214 said:

I just went there this past Tuesday, 9/17/2019, on the Sky.  There was no apparent damage or anything untidy.  Everything was beautiful and you couldn't have asked for a better beach day experience!

Did they give you another port day in place of Freeport, or just a seaday?

Thanks!

They substituted a Sea Day for Freeport. 

Interesting, NCL did not give anything close to a proportionately appropriate return of the port fees for missing that port.  When I've sailed on other lines such as Carnival and Princess, and a port was missed, they refunded something close to the portion of the overall port fee for that port missed.  This NCL cruise originally had four ports and the "Gov't Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses" was $173.61.  I had expected to be refunded at least $25 or $30 ($173.61 / 4 ports = $43.41). 

NCL had a $5.00 "Refundable Onboard Credit" on my account.  I wasn't even sure what that was, so I asked Guest Relations and they said it was a refund of the port charges.  I asked so the total "Gov't Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses" for Freeport was only $5.00?  The response was something non-committal about those fees are just an estimate and can be for anything related to the ports.  I pointed out that when booking a cruise, NCL lists the fee as "Gov't Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses" so the only Gov't Tax, Fee, or Port Expense associated with Freeport was $5?  Again I was given some kind of non-answer about the fees are not in relation to the actual ports but are rather an estimate.

• Like 1

I was on the September 7 sailing of the Sun.  At the Captain’s Q&A, he stated that GSC needed to have sand replenished before reopening.   Possibly that process took care of the seaweed issue.  We were originally scheduled for Freeport, GSC, and Nassau. We went to only Nassau, for an overnight (8 a.m. one day until 5 p.m. the next day).  We were refunded $33 pp for port fees.