Golden Princess Television Question

Woobstr112G

Question for those who have recently sailed on the Golden. I was curious as to what type of televisions are currently on the ship? We are sailing a 10 Day Sea of Cortez cruise in May 2020 and I was specifically wondering if they were still the old View Sonic monitors or have they been upgraded? When we were on the Star last year that had newer flat screens that let us hook up a Blu Ray player. On the Ruby earlier this year, they had newer flat screens where the HDMI inputs were disabled. They were not On Demand types as on the Royal, etc.  I know the cruise is a ways off and things can change, but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....😊😊😊

Bob

Bob - I'm on the Golden Princess at end of October this year I can report back. But note: I'm in the steerage (aka inside) 😄

Though, MIL is in a Mini Suite with my partner sister so I can check that cabin out too. 

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 12:27 PM, Woobstr112G said:

Question for those who have recently sailed on the Golden. I was curious as to what type of televisions are currently on the ship? We are sailing a 10 Day Sea of Cortez cruise in May 2020 and I was specifically wondering if they were still the old View Sonic monitors or have they been upgraded? When we were on the Star last year that had newer flat screens that let us hook up a Blu Ray player. On the Ruby earlier this year, they had newer flat screens where the HDMI inputs were disabled. They were not On Demand types as on the Royal, etc.  I know the cruise is a ways off and things can change, but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....😊😊😊

Bob

I can't speak for the Golden (it's been to long ago) but on the Crown with the newer flat screen TV's and demand system it allowed for you to connect to the TV & switch over your movies to view. Of course the TV's were shelf mounted which mage it easier to connect to vs. wall mounted. 

I've been noticing that more of the on demand systems now allow the inputs to be switched as well as being able to connect the audio via Bluetooth.  

I'm on the Golden now watching two new LG TVs in my mini suite

I was able to connect and watch gopro videos over hdmi using the hard to find joystick (0bottom center) to change input. The LG remote provided would not let me choose the HDMI input

Was not able to cast directly from my phone - will keep trying

Was able to make the tv a bluetooth speaker for my phone to play spotify music 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, idahospud said:

We're heading off in San Francisco so no Australia for us. We've got a SF Giants game then off to LA to pick up the Royal for three more weeks. Life is good.

I like how you planned that one, nicely done.  Well safe travels and thanks again for the informative pictures and thinking of your fellow travelers.  Life IS good!

Cheers

Steve & Vicky