Black Card Nonsense

lorenzod

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

When I log in I'm told I'm Classic with no points showing (let alone the expiry date lol), despite the fact that I've been Black (this is why they're changing the name of the level to Diamond  😄) since 2014.  I have to email them every time I return from a cruise to ensure they're adding the points onto our accounts.  

(A little off-topic)  Got a nice surprise last week - they've added more points to our accounts than what I've been calculating.  DH has 2000 more points than I reckon he should have;  I have 800 more!  (Though they're not much use as, once you reach 10000 - or are given them when status-matching - any more have no value).

LOL, you are the last person they should have listed as classic! I have to say I admire the relaxed way you handle it.

Honestly, they really don't do themselves any favours, I don't know why they have so many IT issues, every company has a glitch here and there but in their case nothing ever gets fixed, it really is madness and reflects so badly on the company.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lorenzod said:

Yes, we live in So Florida and the rates are insanely low due to several factors  (Cuba trip cancelations and hurricane season). We are also top frequent cruiser status on NCL  (Platinum) and Princess( Elite).

Anyhow since we are good and frequent clients it makes no sense for MSC to be doing what they are doing with regard to  our Black Card status  Someone from MSC must be reading these boards, get my drift?

Also, read our review of the MSC Armonia from the Sept 2nd sailing. We had a very positive sailing and reviewed accordingly. We were Black card on that cruise, now 2 weeks later we are no longer Black Card. What?

NCL has Platinum Plus and Ambassador levels above Platinum.

5 days since I notified MSC as to the loss of my Black Card status. This is the thanks  a cruiser who has been sailing MSC since 2009 gets. I posted a comment on their Facebook page. I have called and emailed and my  travel agent has contacted them. Still missing my Black Card .

Has anyone else seen the headlines:

- US 7th Fleet on red alert, searching for Black Card

- Donald and Nancy having lunch together trying to find a bipartisan solution to the Black Card

- US Congess to discuss impeaching MSC over Black Card

- UN emergency debate about what Black Card will have environmental impact

- Sylvester Stallone has been signed to play Rambo Six - Or The Black Card Conspiracy Theory

- Iran has promised help and aid during the Black Card Crisis

- On the Seventh Day, God rested, tired out from the Black Card misery (especially as they only got a Gold Status Match).

Thankfully that was only a nightmare, although another has just arrived "dear "MiL".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

Has anyone else seen the headlines:

- US 7th Fleet on red alert, searching for Black Card

- Donald and Nancy having lunch together trying to find a bipartisan solution to the Black Card

- US Congess to discuss impeaching MSC over Black Card

- UN emergency debate about what Black Card will have environmental impact

- Sylvester Stallone has been signed to play Rambo Six - Or The Black Card Conspiracy Theory

- Iran has promised help and aid during the Black Card Crisis

- On the Seventh Day, God rested, tired out from the Black Card misery (especially as they only got a Gold Status Match).

Thankfully that was only a nightmare, although another has just arrived "dear "MiL".

I can understand the OP's frustration but it does awfully seem to be a proverbial "1st world problem."

LorenzoD I understand your frustration.  We are dealing with a similar  problem, only it is just my husband's black card status that was lost.  We have called several times, and finally sent in a long e-mail trying to get resolution.  So far, no one has called us back or responded to our e-mails.  The process started prior to our Armonia cruise on 9/9.  The funny thing is we have 2 more cruises booked with MSC.  The cruise in March shows his Black Card number, the cruise in December has his Classic Card number.    Not sure what happened as we both status matched at the same time and both have the same cruise history with MSC.  It is very aggravating when no one at MSC wants to help you when the problem is obviously on their end and through no fault of your own.  Good luck, I hope you are successful getting your status returned to you.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, versuco said:

LorenzoD I understand your frustration.  We are dealing with a similar  problem, only it is just my husband's black card status that was lost.  We have called several times, and finally sent in a long e-mail trying to get resolution.  So far, no one has called us back or responded to our e-mails.  The process started prior to our Armonia cruise on 9/9.  The funny thing is we have 2 more cruises booked with MSC.  The cruise in March shows his Black Card number, the cruise in December has his Classic Card number.    Not sure what happened as we both status matched at the same time and both have the same cruise history with MSC.  It is very aggravating when no one at MSC wants to help you when the problem is obviously on their end and through no fault of your own.  Good luck, I hope you are successful getting your status returned to you.  

As I understand it, if one person is Black Card them the privileges go to both in the stateroom, ex Surf and Turf restaurant etc. Not sure if this correct as it came from MSC.  Best of luck getting the problem resolved.

I just emailed the CEO of MSC USA who I had the privilege of meeting on the MSC Orchestra many years ago. Lets see what happens.

Hey, cruising is supposed to be relaxing and carefree, what can I say when faced with these type of problems.

Edited by lorenzod
more info

if one person is Black Card them the privileges go to both in the stateroom, ex Surf and Turf restaurant etc. Not sure if this correct as it came from MSC.  Best of luck getting the problem resolved.

I just emailed the CEO of MSC USA who I had the privilege of meeting on the MSC Orchestra many years ago. Lets see what happens.

This is true, I received all the Black Card perks on Armonia and my husband went along with me.  However, what happens if they decide to "lose" my Black Card status, then we have to start over again with Classic?  If that happens, I guess we will keep sailing with NCL, Carnival and Holland America which we have already reached their higher status.  We really enjoy sailing with MSC and love the international clientele, but the constant issues (His missing black card is not the first) is not worth the aggravation.  We will just go back to sailing with our favorite US cruise lines.  It will be MSC's loss of our cruise dollars.  We sail 3 - 6 times a year and have never experienced the problems we have with MSC with any other cruise line.

Good luck with the CEO!

Edited by versuco

2 hours ago, versuco said:

if one person is Black Card them the privileges go to both in the stateroom, ex Surf and Turf restaurant etc. Not sure if this correct as it came from MSC.  Best of luck getting the problem resolved.

This is true, I received all the Black Card perks on Armonia and my husband went along with me.  However, what happens if they decide to "lose" my Black Card status, then we have to start over again with Classic?  If that happens, I guess we will keep sailing with NCL, Carnival and Holland America which we have already reached their higher status.  We really enjoy sailing with MSC and love the international clientele, but the constant issues (His missing black card is not the first) is not worth the aggravation.  We will just go back to sailing with our favorite US cruise lines.  It will be MSC's loss of our cruise dollars.  We sail 3 - 6 times a year and have never experienced the problems we have with MSC with any other cruise line.

Good luck with the CEO!

I understand and agree! I see you are from Florida as are we. It is so much easier to cruise from here. No having to fly in from somewhere else. Just find what you want,  clear your schedule and go, We are also top tier. ( NCL and Princess for  us). They also are very good experiences.

Edited by lorenzod

I cruise to spend quality time with my wife do to our other family obligations.i am so glad I don't give a flying donkey about status.i read all this to see how first world problems can effect people.i am glad I have more in my life to occupy my time than cruise status.we are actually tired of the cruise hassle and after these last two will be going back to short land vacation.the motorhome awaits.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:11 AM, TheSoccerCoach said:

MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com  ... save this email. This is the group at MSC that assist with VC concerns.

We have found that our VC name and booking names have to be exact to get credit for VC points. 

For example, my first name has to be: "Norman Jay" and my last name has to be: "Cole Jr." on my bookings since that is what VC has. 

The team at the above email address have been a huge help to us, and sorted out our points quickly. 

I have been emailing this email for a week now with zero response.  Did they actually email you back?  When I call they don't help and when I email I get no response.  Very upsetting that I cannot get my issue resolved at all.  Thanks for your input. 

14 minutes ago, Tssweety said:

I have been emailing this email for a week now with zero response.  Did they actually email you back?  When I call they don't help and when I email I get no response.  Very upsetting that I cannot get my issue resolved at all.  Thanks for your input. 

Yes, they email back. Here is an example to me from them. 

MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

Sun, Dec 23, 2018, 9:17 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for contacting The MSC Voyagers Club Department.

We have received your email and will respond as soon as possible. In the meantime, feel free to visit MSC Voyagers Club - Overview for more  information regarding The MSC Voyagers Club.

Please be advised that you can always call our Contact Center at 877.665.4655.

Thank you and have a great day!

The MSC Voyagers Club Department

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.
6750 N. Andrews Avenue, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

1 hour ago, Tssweety said:

Yes I get that too but it seems to be a blanket email but no one gets back addressing my question. Ugh. Oh well. Thank u! 

If you booked though a travel agent, enlist their support. Mine spent nearly an hour with MSC. I don't know if it helped but you need to use all the resources available to you.

It seems that MSC needs to move a division to the USA for these issues.  You here "Corporate in Italy has to approve it."  All of our issues were eventually resolved, but MSC needs to work on issues such as benefits "falling off a passengers' reservation."  

Hi Marsha and Larry;

Heather and Lyle here, from Alberta, Canada. Sorry to hijack your post, but we are desperately trying to contact Chris and Sandy (from the UK) who were on the Armonia the first week of September. I got a lovely letter from Sandy today, but no telephone contact info. We are going to be in Southampton in a couple of weeks, and she's suggested they can meet up with us. She mentioned that Larry has Chris' email address. Can you PLEASE forward our email info to him, so we can arrange a meeting!! Thanks so much in advance 🙂

axxxegurl@gmail.com

Heather and Lyle

12 minutes ago, Axxxefly said:

Hi Marsha and Larry;

Heather and Lyle here, from Alberta, Canada. Sorry to hijack your post, but we are desperately trying to contact Chris and Sandy (from the UK) who were on the Armonia the first week of September. I got a lovely letter from Sandy today, but no telephone contact info. We are going to be in Southampton in a couple of weeks, and she's suggested they can meet up with us. She mentioned that Larry has Chris' email address. Can you PLEASE forward our email info to him, so we can arrange a meeting!! Thanks so much in advance 🙂

axxxegurl@gmail.com

Heather and Lyle

Nice to hear from you.  Hope you are well. So exciting for you two to get together again in England.  We are about to leave in one more week on the MSC Armonia again.  We had such a great time with our group that we are doing it again.  I will forward your letter to Sandy via Chris.  I had a beautiful letter from Sandy as well.  It is a shame she doesn’t use the computer.  I do not have her phone number.  I thought you did.  Have a great trip.

Marsha and Larry