Black Card Nonsense

lorenzod

2 weeks ago my wife and I cruised on the MSC Armonia and had a wonderful time. We enjoyed it so much we booked the Armonia again for October 14th . On our last cruise, 2 weeks ago we sailed as Black Card status. (Voyagers Club highest status).

Now when I called to add my Black Card status to my new reservation we are told our Voyager Black Card number is no longer showing. WE JUST SAILED AS BLACK CARD ON THE SEPT 2ND sailing. (THAT LEFT SEPT 4 DUE TO THE HURRICANE). Just sailed as BlackCard and now they don't know who we are.  

Text book example how to turn a satisfied customer into a totally ticked off client. The phone rep suggest I email the Voyagers Club to appeal. I really am not the type to beg.

It's not great, I appreciate, although I would be tempted to send them a scan of my last boarding docs which clearly shows the status, a photo of your cruise card or some other kind of thing to show they have just recently recognised your status.... not that you should have to but I can't see another option that wouldn't require effort on your part... either to complain, or to 'prove' to them the status you've just had. Hope you enjoy your next cruise as much as the first, despite the rocky start!

Have you checked your Voyagers Club status on MSC website ? Maybe it is just another software glitch. Not an excuse but many companies are running maintenance work on weekends. I would call MSC Voyagers Club not to beg but to point out the problem.

The booking PVC's are at the mercy of the MSC computer system.  If you won't book without the discount and get it applied later then you'll have to wait until it's cleared up in the system.  You can try contacting the Voyagers Club reps, but that is not always fast.  Depending on what cabin you want you still have some time.  Have you tried booking with your wife's name as primary?

lorenzod, when you get this straightened out, please come back and tell us.

I'm sure you're not the first person this has happened to and it might be helpful to find out the best way to get this fixed.

Good luck!  I'd be annoyed too!

When I booked my next to last cruise, It kept showing me as Welcome status, with black card points.  I had to link my booking with voyagers club and then is showed the black status.  No problem with the last cruise which was booked after final payment (the Dorian extended cruise).  EM

MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com  ... save this email. This is the group at MSC that assist with VC concerns.

We have found that our VC name and booking names have to be exact to get credit for VC points. 

For example, my first name has to be: "Norman Jay" and my last name has to be: "Cole Jr." on my bookings since that is what VC has. 

The team at the above email address have been a huge help to us, and sorted out our points quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

We have found that our VC name and booking names have to be exact to get credit for VC points. 

For example, my first name has to be: "Norman Jay" and my last name has to be: "Cole Jr." on my bookings since that is what VC has.

This is a very common problem with MSC, their systems really don't like middle names or suffixes so if it gets entered differently by different people it won't match.  Good suggestion.

• Like 1

Dealing with the same issue.  We are Gold, and my wife's voyager number is registered under her first name and middle initial.  Somehow she's listed on our next booking as first name and full middle name, so as far as MSC's computer system is concerned, she is new to MSC.  Just trying to find the time (lots of it) and patience to make the phone call to get it straightened out.  We've been through this before, so I know it might take several calls with long hold times to get it right....

21 hours ago, Preziosa said:

I Think if you have been match you Will not forener Be Black. I Think you have to earn the points on MSC Cruises sailings for to Be a Real Black member.

Not so.  Once you are matched to Black, you maintain that status IF you cruise at least once every three years.  Those were the terms of my status match.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

Dealing with the same issue.  We are Gold, and my wife's voyager number is registered under her first name and middle initial.  Somehow she's listed on our next booking as first name and full middle name, so as far as MSC's computer system is concerned, she is new to MSC.  Just trying to find the time (lots of it) and patience to make the phone call to get it straightened out.  We've been through this before, so I know it might take several calls with long hold times to get it right....

I made 3 calls yesterday, Saturday, so far no progress. Was advised to email the Voyagers Club which I did. I am persistent as well as vocal. I think the term for me is an "Influencer" I post in many places and do have a following. Not bragging  but I do not go quietly. I believe consumers should not get shortchanged.

If successful, I will post an praise MSC for doing the right thing. If not......

Edited by lorenzod
additional info

7 minutes ago, lorenzod said:

I made 3 calls yesterday, Saturday, so far no progress. Was advised to email the Voyagers Club which I did. I am persistent as well as vocal. I think the term for me is an "Influencer" I post in many places and do have a following. Not bragging  but I do not go quietly. I believe consumers should not get shortchanged.

If successful, I will post an praise MSC for doing the right thing. If not......

Email the Voyagers Club and then allow them the time to correct it. My approach when working with customer service is to partner with them to achieve a solution and honey will always attract more bees than vinegar. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lorenzod said:

I am persistent as well as vocal. I think the term for me is an "Influencer" I post in many places and do have a following.

A duck being followed by it's ducklings has a following, but is not an influencer.

If someone is suffering from influencer or influenza is a good rub down with Wick Vapour Rub.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

Email the Voyagers Club and then allow them the time to correct it. My approach when working with customer service is to partner with them to achieve a solution and honey will always attract more bees than vinegar. 

Coach, thank you for your post. I agree about honey. I have tried to be forceful but not aggressive about this issue. I believe in the MSC product, my wife and I have organized the Roll Call and Meet and Mingle for our last 4 MSC cruises. Vacations/cruises are about relaxing, when something like this comes up it is aggravating and I have made 3 calls to MSC about this with no resolution. (Not relaxing). Again thank you for your suggestions.

• Like 1

I'm sure this must be frustrating, but just a piece of friendly advice (emphasis on the friendly): Do give the company time to help you. I have too often in the past made multiple phone calls and sent multiple emails to a company in an attempt to get something corrected, only to drive myself crazy in the process and blame the company I was working with for my frustration. You said in your initial post that you sailed with them 2 weeks ago? That's not a long time, in my book, anyway. You didn't say what day you booked your next cruise (you mentioned that the sail date is October 14 but not when it was booked), so I would give it more time. Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time aboard Armonia and I wish you a lovely time next month! 

On 9/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, DCGuy64 said:

I'm sure this must be frustrating, but just a piece of friendly advice (emphasis on the friendly): Do give the company time to help you. I have too often in the past made multiple phone calls and sent multiple emails to a company in an attempt to get something corrected, only to drive myself crazy in the process and blame the company I was working with for my frustration. You said in your initial post that you sailed with them 2 weeks ago? That's not a long time, in my book, anyway. You didn't say what day you booked your next cruise (you mentioned that the sail date is October 14 but not when it was booked), so I would give it more time. Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time aboard Armonia and I wish you a lovely time next month! 

My wife and I cruise approximately  once a month. (Yes we are retired).  We sailed MSC in Sept and booked MSC for Oct. We are  doing Empress in November. Looking to book for Dec.  

Still trying to get Black Card status straightened out. My travel choice for December will depend on getting  our Black Card status successfully resolved. Our travel agent was on the phone with MSC for 30 minutes and still no resolution. He indicated there was no one in the Voyager office that had the power to fix it. This does not speak well for MSC.  (Day 4 of Black Card Saga)

Edited by lorenzod

47 minutes ago, lorenzod said:

My wife and I cruise approximately  once a month. (Yes we are retired).  We sailed MSC in Sept and booked MSC for Oct. We are  doing Empress in November. Looking to book for Dec.  

Still trying to get Black Card status straightened out. My travel choice for December will depend on getting  our Black Card status successfully resolved. Our travel agent was on the phone with MSC for 30 minutes and still no resolution. He indicated there was no one in the Voyager office that had the power to fix it. This does not speak well for MSC.  (Day 4 of Black Card Saga)

What does your online account say, when I log into mine and check the VC area I am told my status and the expiry date of that status.

58 minutes ago, lorenzod said:

Once a MONTH? Wow, my mind is totally blown now. Good for you! 😮 

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Once a MONTH? Wow, my mind is totally blown now. Good for you! 😮 

Yes, we live in So Florida and the rates are insanely low due to several factors  (Cuba trip cancelations and hurricane season). We are also top frequent cruiser status on NCL  (Platinum) and Princess( Elite).

Anyhow since we are good and frequent clients it makes no sense for MSC to be doing what they are doing with regard to  our Black Card status  Someone from MSC must be reading these boards, get my drift?

Also, read our review of the MSC Armonia from the Sept 2nd sailing. We had a very positive sailing and reviewed accordingly. We were Black card on that cruise, now 2 weeks later we are no longer Black Card. What?

Edited by lorenzod

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

What does your online account say, when I log into mine and check the VC area I am told my status and the expiry date of that status.

When I log in I'm told I'm Classic with no points showing (let alone the expiry date lol), despite the fact that I've been Black (this is why they're changing the name of the level to Diamond  😄) since 2014.  I have to email them every time I return from a cruise to ensure they're adding the points onto our accounts.  

(A little off-topic)  Got a nice surprise last week - they've added more points to our accounts than what I've been calculating.  DH has 2000 more points than I reckon he should have;  I have 800 more!  (Though they're not much use as, once you reach 10000 - or are given them when status-matching - any more have no value).