TAKING A COOLER ONBOARD

wickky

My cooler is approximately 10x13x13. I fill it with stuff (clothes, etc) and pack it inside my checked luggage.

I carry a large zip lock bag and ask steward to keep ice in the bag inside the cooler. 

That way I can chill our canned sodas, etc, in bottom of cooler but keep ice clean for using in beverages.

• Like 3

I had a 12x12x12 on wheels in San Juan and they rejected me taking it in.  Saying that I could only have one no larger than about a 6 pack.  I took it outside, put a luggage tag on it and it showed up with my checked luggage.  In the future, I will put it inside my checked suitcase packed with clothing.

We have a huge cooler bag from Costco that we use for shopping.  We pack that in a checked bag, along with some heavy duty trash bags.  Once onboard a trash bag goes into the Costco Bag and a liner, I introduce the Cabin Steward to my good friend President Jackson, and it is kept full of ice for the entire cruise.

Have never had an issue with it, as it appears to just be a tote bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, wickky said:

Per the Carnival website, I know it is okay to take a cooler no larger than 12"x12"x12".

Do you think it would be okay if my cooler is 14"X12"X7"? How picky are they?

Why don't you just bring on a soft folding cooler. You carry it over your shoulder. Insulated and water proof.