Symphony Rerouted!

CCC3

I’m on Symphony now. The captain just announced that we are being rerouted due to the Tropical Storm Karen.  Skipping Puerto Rico and St Maarten, keeping Labadee, and adding Cozumel and Coco Cay.  Safety first, and always!!

Edited by CCC3

14 hours ago, hallux said:

Not to mention that it's probably a LOT easier to schedule into port there than it is to negotiate to port at a "public" location.

And that RCCLs costs are lower and they stand to make more money stopping at their own islands.

4 minutes ago, starrcards said:

And that RCCLs costs are lower and they stand to make more money stopping at their own islands.

I'm not sure that  would concern me if I'm rerouted for a storm and I'm pretty sure their options are limited.

15 hours ago, starrcards said:

Excuse me for being cynical but TWO RCCL private islands on the same cruise.   Huuummm.

I don't really see it that way... Especially if you have a drink package because then their costs actually go up with people drinking more of their liquor for the same amount of money collected. Same with food. When in port, not many people stay on and eat RC's food. When in an RC owned port, everyone is eating RC food -- again without a revenue increase.

Sure - some people will partake in activities on CocoCay, but if someone is just looking for a beach/pool day, that is totally free.

I think the biggest reason for adding in one of their own ports is operational flexibility. It has to be a lot easier for them to add CocoCay, which they own/lease forever than to add another port where they may be competing with ships from other companies, etc.