Dont know what to do. Resolutions Dept maybe?

ryano

Im at wits end.  We have been issued our FCC and refunded everything from the 9-1-19 Harmony cancellation EXCEPT $223.72 ($111.86 pp) in taxes and port charges.  They keep telling me they were refunded back to the original form of payment but its a card ending in 4 numbers that doesnt match any card I own.  Because the last 4 digits were close, I thought it might have been my cancelled debit card but it isnt.  Customer Service at Royal Caribbean keeps telling me the same thing every time I call.  They cant tell me anything about the card other than the last 4 digits.

Who do I call next?    I hate to just take that loss.  That would also totally pay off the balance of the booked Alaskan cruise. 

Edited by ryano

I had something similar. Every time they said it was issued and actually asked them via twitter and got a response pretty quickly. Turns out it was refunded but was coded as a hold on my account in the royal system. They took the hold off and I got the refund. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Another thought - if you booked through a TA check with them and make sure the refund wasn't posted to their account.

Unfortunately I booked it directly about 550 days ago.  I paid like 75% of the reservation at the time of booking the rest was paid in full about a month later.  I am certain I used my Visa debit card tied to my checking account both times and so now Im trying to go back through my bank statements.  

I was on Carnival Horizon that same weekend. Our port taxes was reimbursed to our onboard account. Out of $187 we got back $54 

The reasons for the difference is we did sail and went to Nassau. So there was port taxes for Miami x 2 plus Nassau added back. 

I was told the majority of port taxes is from the home port. Caribbean port our only like. $15 pp. 

That might be why.  Don’t know just saying 

I would try to find your copy of that statement, and then call your bank. If it has been refunded to a closed card, they will be able to track it down, and I am surprised that it wasn't just refunded to your new debit card. Best of luck, these things are super annoying, but they evenyually get resolved. My mom was a bank manager her whole life. :classic_smile:

58 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I was on Carnival Horizon that same weekend. Our port taxes was reimbursed to our onboard account. Out of $187 we got back $54 

The reasons for the difference is we did sail and went to Nassau. So there was port taxes for Miami x 2 plus Nassau added back. 

I was told the majority of port taxes is from the home port. Caribbean port our only like. $15 pp. 

That might be why.  Don’t know just saying 

I believe he did not sail and took the full refund offer if I remember correctly. I was on the same Harmony sailing and remember Ryano from our Roll Call Group. So he would be looking to get all of the port charges / taxes returned. 

We did the shortened sailing on the Harmony and we got very little back for the port charges. I believe it was only about $9 each credit to our on board accounts. That seemed low as we only went to Nassau instead of 3 ports. 

• Like 1