cruise documents

jazzmanfive

I think it's supposed to be about 20 days...  But I have been filling out my info as soon as I can, and the last two times got an email with the edocs and luggage tags as soon as I was successful in hitting 'submit'.  Of course, I printed them right away.  Last time was the day after I booked, about 50 days out.  I booked after final payment.  EM

2 hours ago, irish cailin said:

Hijacking this ... sorry!

If booked through  TA does these timeframes apply? We are 5 weeks out and TA is trying to tell me documents 7 days before boarding??

I have already gone online to MSC website and have inputted all our details

Even through a TA you should be able to get your docs. Do the web check in and then hit the button to request your docs and they should be emailed to you. I just got mine for my cruise in 87 days and I booked through a TA. It might also depend on your location and website I was using the USA site. 

10 hours ago, irish cailin said:

Hijacking this ... sorry!

If booked through  TA does these timeframes apply? We are 5 weeks out and TA is trying to tell me documents 7 days before boarding??

I have already gone online to MSC website and have inputted all our details

TAs (in Ireland) usually issue the tickets 2 weeks out - especially when there are flight tickets involved.  Otherwise, they'll issue them when MSC UK releases them, which is 21 days out.

We once had a TA who didn't issue the tickets until 4 days before sailing!  It's not enough time, if there are any errors, to have them re-issued.

We booked our upcoming cruise directly with MSC;  our tickets were due last Friday.  I had to phone the UK on Monday and they were emailed there and then, with apologies from the rep.  However, there's a voucher for a Cirque du Soleil booking missing, so the tickets are going to have to be re-issued (which I am now awaiting).  At least we have another 16 days in which to have the matter sorted.

Hi

If you used a travel agent in UK some want payt 12 to 15 weeks before sail date but do not pass to cruise line until 4-6 weeks before!! We had this on our Splendida cruise and didn’t get docs from the TA until 10 days before travelling.

Using same TA for next trip but will book direct in future!

48 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Hi

If you used a travel agent in UK some want payt 12 to 15 weeks before sail date but do not pass to cruise line until 4-6 weeks before!! We had this on our Splendida cruise and didn’t get docs from the TA until 10 days before travelling.

Using same TA for next trip but will book direct in future!

MSC request the payment around that time!

I made final payment thru my TA (in the USA) 100 days out for our January 5th cruise last Friday morning around 10 am.  I went on line and made sure everything I had entered earlier on the web check-in site was still there and correct.   At 2 pm I received an email from MSC: 

E-TICKET XXXXXX02 - MR 01/05/20 MIA CABIN Nr. XXX19 - (PASSENGER NAME)

Important information enclosed YOUR CRUISE TICKET You're ready to embark on not just any cruise! Please find attached your e-ticket along with all the information....

I was impressed!

Thanks guys,

Flights and transfers are included in my booking but they gave me ryanair reference number to check in online myself.

Have never sailed MSC before so dont know what to expect.  Im more interested in boarding time so i can plan our day in lisbon; and would rather know more than a week out our timings for transfer from genoa to milan for flight home😭.   38 days before we head off.