Calling NCL - Long wait time..

I'm already booked and trying to reach NCL to add enhancements to our cruise.  I'm now going on 2 hours of wait time, and still holding.  Is this typical?  I tried earlier today and gave up after 30 minutes.  This will be my first time on NCL, usually sail RCCL, so just not used to being unable to reach anyone.  Is there a trick with the IVR to get in the right queue?

Yes, the TA option was what I selected both times today and got stranded on hold.  Second time I was curious, and waited almost 3 hours before hanging up.  I called back and selected new booking and got right in, go figure...

Thx..

Yesterday I said yes to the short survey after my call and was on hold for 90 seconds! Then I forgot and hung up after I was done with my changes and never completed the survey!

7 hours ago, 6246994 said:

Yes, the TA option was what I selected both times today and got stranded on hold.  Second time I was curious, and waited almost 3 hours before hanging up.  I called back and selected new booking and got right in, go figure...

Thx..

Just curious why you chose the TA option.

- If you booked with a TA then why wouldn't you task your TA with calling?

- If you aren't using a TA then why did you choose that option?

either way, the 3.5 hours you wasted seems to be self inflicted. 

10 hours ago, 6246994 said:

I'm already booked and trying to reach NCL to add enhancements to our cruise.  I'm now going on 2 hours of wait time, and still holding.  Is this typical?  I tried earlier today and gave up after 30 minutes.  This will be my first time on NCL, usually sail RCCL, so just not used to being unable to reach anyone.  Is there a trick with the IVR to get in the right queue?

For some reason this has been a complaint for people lately and it seems to be affecting all cruise lines, but NCL seems to be the worst. I am getting this information from our TA. From what many have mentioned: 1-try early in the day and refrain from calling on Monday mornings. Because we always deal through a TA we have not experienced what you are going through. I will say what you are going through is very unusual. 20 min wait, possible, 3 hours something just doesn't sound right. Now if there was a weather situation or when Cuba was cancelled that was totally different. 

15 hours ago, 6246994 said:

I have never waited more than 5 minutes to add shore excursions or other enhancements. OP is probably calling the wrong number.

I called yesterday to see if I could pre book Six on our Bliss sailing this coming weekend.  Got to an agent right away and she needed to put me on hold to see about pre booking the show....After an hour of waiting (overlapping at work), I gave up.  So much for getting through right away, LOL!

Does anyone know if the show SIX can be reserved on the kiosks around the ship or will the NCL app have it available to book once on board?  OR is it necessary to go to the Social to reserve....

Thanks all

On 10/1/2019 at 7:29 PM, 6246994 said:

well did you finally get a hold of them? 

I had to call twice this morning - once for a cabin change, and then I realized I'd been charged full price, not deposit, so I called right back--each time I got through within a couple of minutes.  First time about 8:50, called back about 9:00 EDT.