Panama Canal Connection cruise in July ???

jodorro

Hello there fellow OC travellers,

I travel with my mum (87yrs) on Oceania in July/aug to escape the Aussie winter.  We’ve done the Baltic , Norway , and also up around uk , Ireland Scotland.  We haven’t done the Mediterranean in July/aug as it’s too hot at that time of the year for my mum.  I was wondering 

if anyone had been on the Panama Canal Connection in July and hence would be able to tell

me first hand if u’d expect the weather to be as hot as the Mediterranean in July ?

Look forward to hearing from you.

cheers

jo

I think the eastern Med is hotter in July than the Panama Canal.  But I live in Coastal GA and feel the summer weather here is hotter than the 'tropics'.  Current temp in Colon is 84; current temp outside my window is 88.  EM

Hmmm.  We've done the Panama Canal twice.  The first time in January 2001; the second time in April 2015.  I don't remember extreme weather on either trip.

But we weren't there in July, and I certainly accept the reports of people who've had hot weather there.

A college friend grew up in the Canal Zone and she always kept her room blazingly hot, as far as the rest of us were concerned!

I wouldn't do the Med in July either ... Alaska or Norway sound good!  But it's a longer flight for Aussies, that's for sure.

Looking back at your original post, since you've done the Baltic, Norway, etc., it sounds like Alaska might be a good bet.

Mura