Aruba Bonaire Curacao (ABC) Best Shore Experiences

whitford

Of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao which do you prefer? We are traveling in January, up for adventure and fit. What are can't miss activities? Can you explore on your own and feel safe?  What was the most fun you had in the ABC's? What was the least fun? Thanks for helping us plan for a great trip.

26 minutes ago, whitford said:

Of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao which do you prefer? We are traveling in January, up for adventure and fit. What are can't miss activities? Can you explore on your own and feel safe?  What was the most fun you had in the ABC's? What was the least fun? Thanks for helping us plan for a great trip.

Snorkeling Klein Bonaire, walk from cruise port left about two blocks, take ferry over to Klein Bonaire, was $20.00 return last time we were there in 2017.  Aruba, city bus depot literally across the street from cruise dock, take bus #10 to Beach for snorkeling, I forgot the name of the beach but same place all the cruise ship excursions go to shipwreck, I think it might be Boca Catalina,  is about $1.00 each way.  There are two number 10 buses, take the bus in the first boarding area, it goes further than the other number 10 bus.  Felt safe in all these area, Curacao, we did do a tour did not prebook lots of vendors to take you around.  The vendors are close to the bridge.  We love ABC, have been twice to all three places, would go anytime.

• Like 2

We got a day pass for the Curacao Hilton thru one of the Caribbean day pass sites. It is a very compact property but has everything you would really want for a nice day. Has a nice beachfront with thatch umbrella stations and enough surf. There's a terrace to have lunch at , I can;t remember if you get a food voucher. Plus there's a pool on property. It's a taxi ride from the Cruise port.

Enjoy your cruising days.

In Bonaire we did a private tour with other CC members..sorry I don't remember the name of the vendor...but we went to see the "salt flats" and the area where the flamingos were located...enjoyed the day!

10 hours ago, whitford said:

I like to go on my own in Bonaire.  There's an Avis right next to the dock at the Divi Flamingo hotel.  Bonaire is a great island to go out and drive.  You can check out the donkey sanctuary, the salt flats with pink water, the flamingos up north and my favorite of all.....Jibe City at Lac Bay.  

But if you do an excursion, I recommend Woodwind.  Bonaire has some of the best snorkeling/diving on Earth and Woodwind consistently gets great reviews.  

• Like 1

For a unique dining experience in Aruba, you MUST go to Screaming Eagle.  They have regular tables and chairs, inside and outside …… but they also offer lounge beds so that you can have dinner in bed!  Check the reviews on TripAdvisor -- the food is exceptional and the experience is amazing!  We can't wait to cruise to Aruba again, just to go to Screaming Eagle!  (The name belies the gourmet aspect of the restaurant!)