Blu menus

Champagne Cruiser

Hi all,

We are facing some new health issues which is curtailing our cruising. I had to cancel our cruise for this fall and moved it to one in March 2020. We have cruised all classes but I seem to recall that Blu might be the best fit for us. I have searched here but was unable to find any Blu menus. Can someone send me a link’ so i can do more research before final payment is due?  

Thank you so much  for any help.

I've got to run (getting ready to board today) so I don't have time to get the link.

Look for a thread from CHICAGOPAUL LIVE!!!!! about his Transpacific on the Millennium last month. Toward the current end of the thread, he has a link to Blu menus he experienced on his cruise.

If you have any dietary restrictions just meet with the Blu staff before the first dinner.  Since it's not open for lunch you may need to go to one of the specialty restaurants which will be staffed and they will call someone.  Discuss with them your needs for the first night and then they will review the next night menu with you and place an order the night before.  The Blu galley is good about customizing things to meet your requirements.   Also send in a special needs form giving them a heads up.

An example of the ability of Blu to meet dietary needs is my breakfast order. I enjoy the muesli in the morning at breakfast, and order it the night before so it can be prepared lactose free. No problem! They are very much equipped to meet special dietary needs due to the smaller size of Blu if given a heads up. OP didn't mention the nature of the dietary restrictions, but depending on their needs, OP might want to contact special needs. Additionally, take the time to meet with the maître d on embarkation day to advise him/her of the restrictions.

Thank you. We have sailed Aqua many times and love Blu and I know they will try to meet our requests.  I was just surprised to see Blu did not by now use the same indicators as MDR which would have made it easier.  We had to cancel our last two cruises for health reasons and I booked just a 5 night on the Infinity in March (a far cry from our 18 night and 25 night cruises of not too long ago).  Fingers crossed this goes well and we actually cruise this time. 

On 10/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Champagne Cruiser said:

Thank you, I found it. I was very disappointed to note the menus did not indicate gluten free, dairy free, etc. we might be better off in the MDR although right now the Verandas and Concierge are priced higher than Aqua Class where we are booked. 

Keep in mind I think you can still eat in the MDR if you are in Aqua; but I agree with others that the staff in Blu will take care of you where they can.

We just returned from a 11 day ABC cruise on Equinox.  We were in Aqua.  I live blogged and posted food pics each day.  I have dietary restrictions in as much as I don't eat certain foods( namely red meat).  I also tend to modify dishes because I have a lot of likes dislikes.  Our server was amazing, although it did take him a few days to realize that I don't want entrees that I don't order.  I also ended up telling him that I had weight loss surgery 6yrs ago and only eat half portions.   After I shared that, he stopped bringing extra dishes and gave me half portions.   I don't like to draw attention to myself, but I also hate wasting food.  I finally figured out that I could ask for 1 pancake instead of a stack, I could ask for half an eggs benny instead of an entire portion.  They were really great about my and my wifes idiosyncrasies.  

On 10/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, Champagne Cruiser said:

Hi all,

We are facing some new health issues which is curtailing our cruising. I had to cancel our cruise for this fall and moved it to one in March 2020. We have cruised all classes but I seem to recall that Blu might be the best fit for us. I have searched here but was unable to find any Blu menus. Can someone send me a link’ so i can do more research before final payment is due?  

Thank you so much  for any help.

Hi, Jean!

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you both are now well and enjoying health. The Summit repo cruise out of Bayonne in a couple weeks is not going to be the same without you guys!

Jim and Toni

Hi Jim,

Great to hear from you. Clean eating is now a way of life for us, and probably back to shorter cruises. Our last two: 18 nights Sydney to Honolulu and 25 nights transAtlantic with a b2b around Ireland, Iceland etc were great and we are glad we did them when we could. We now spend over half the year in FL. Send me links to your last few cruises   You can Email me at

Best to Toni. 

On 10/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, Champagne Cruiser said:

Thank you, I found it. I was very disappointed to note the menus did not indicate gluten free, dairy free, etc. we might be better off in the MDR although right now the Verandas and Concierge are priced higher than Aqua Class where we are booked. 

Rest assured - you will be able to do your food in the Aqua made to order gluten free, especially suitable and safe if you are celiac.  You will order the night before for your nightly meal, and also for breakfast.  The Blu isn't open at lunch, but you can eat in the MDR at lunch. If you have questions feel free to message me, I would be happy to help you out with additional info - I've been traveling gf for well over 13+ years now!