Tasting Menu Sindhu?

Eglesbrech

I’ve been reading some Aurora reviews this morning and one contributor has referred to enjoying 2 meals at Sindhu, one normal and one “tasting menu”.

Ive checked on the P&O website and can only see the standard menu 1 and 2. Is this something new that is just available to book onboard perhaps?

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’ve been reading some Aurora reviews this morning and one contributor has referred to enjoying 2 meals at Sindhu, one normal and one “tasting menu”.

Ive checked on the P&O website and can only see the standard menu 1 and 2. Is this something new that is just available to book onboard perhaps?

I wonder if it's the lunchtime menu Sindhu does at times on a sea day? You have a choice of smaller dishes similar to tapas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenhem said:

I wonder if it's the lunchtime menu Sindhu does at times on a sea day? You have a choice of smaller dishes similar to tapas.

Thanks, I have not looked at the lunchtime menus onboard so perhaps that’s it. We like tapas so will look out for that now.

We had this on Oriana. It was a seven course tasting menu which was held on selected dates in the evening. The heat of the dishes could be adjusted to suit your palate and it was very enjoyable and filling!

We did not know that it was available on the ship until it was advertised on board. Menus were then available to look at nearer the time.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Thanks folks, I will keep my eyes open for the tasting menu then. We are already booked for 1 night.

Dai, I love fish as does my OH so that would be fine for us.

Angel, thanks for the heads up but we enjoy a long chat over a long meal so sounds ideal for us if not for everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TangoYork said:

We had this on Oriana. It was a seven course tasting menu which was held on selected dates in the evening. The heat of the dishes could be adjusted to suit your palate and it was very enjoyable and filling!

We did not know that it was available on the ship until it was advertised on board. Menus were then available to look at nearer the time.

Hope this helps.

We had it on Oriana too.  It was my friend's first time in Sindhu.  Neither of us enjoyed it.  It was the worst meal I've had in Sindhu on three different ships.

Edited by besberry
Punctuation

8 minutes ago, besberry said:

We had it on Oriana too.  It was friend's first time in Sindhu.  Neither of us enjoyed it.  It was the worst meal I've had in Sindhu on three different ships.

Interesting, can I ask what you disliked about it?

On 10/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, Eglesbrech said:

Interesting, can I ask what you disliked about it?

It wasn't hot (temperaturewise), quite tasteless, well below Sindhu standard of old and slow service.  If that had been my first experience of Sindhu then I would probably never eat there again.  However as I have eaten there before (on Aurora and Britannia) and always had a good experience then I'll give it another bash on Iona.

59 minutes ago, besberry said:

It wasn't hot (temperaturewise), quite tasteless, well below Sindhu standard of old and slow service.  If that had been my first experience of Sindhu then I would probably never eat there again.  However as I have eaten there before (on Aurora and Britannia) and always had a good experience then I'll give it another bash on Iona.

Thanks for the update.

Personally, yes there is a big difference since Atul Kochar left. We have tried it on Britannia, Aurora and Oriana since he left, never again.  The spices aren't there, presentation was awful.  The meal on Aurora was particularly bad we were offered a free meal in the beach house. To be honest the meals in the buffet on the Indian themed night we found were better than Sindhu. I cant understand why there is a charge of at least £17.50, way overpriced for the food when its not a celebrity chefs' recipes .  Service is always brilliant, if a bit slow, but we couldn't fault them .  

2 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

Has there been a big difference in Sindhu and the type of dishes served since Atol Kochhar departed? 

Well we have had meals on Ventura and Britannia this year and had not noticed any difference at all. My only problem is the amount of food you get. Far too much for us. But all excellent.

We both now love the sea day lunches which are served in Tiffin tins. These are Indian lunch boxes stacked together. The food was excellent and just enough for lunch, about as much as the small plates in the Glasshouse. Looking forward to the many sea days in January on Ventura.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, daiB said:

Well we have had meals on Ventura and Britannia this year and had not noticed any difference at all. My only problem is the amount of food you get. Far too much for us. But all excellent.

We both now love the sea day lunches which are served in Tiffin tins. These are Indian lunch boxes stacked together. The food was excellent and just enough for lunch, about as much as the small plates in the Glasshouse. Looking forward to the many sea days in January on Ventura.

Thank you Dai. The lunches sound lovely. January will be here soon, hope you have a wonderful time.