LIVE From the Star Princess - Oct 6, 2019 - Seattle-Vancouver

CanadianBurger

Hey everyone! It's been five-and-a-half months since my last LIVE From, so it was time for another.

This time it's a quick overnight trip from Seattle to Vancouver, just to whet my cruising appetite before our Southern Caribbean on the Crown in December.

Today in Seattle, my friend Mike and I visited the Museum of Flight. First time there. Loved it. I'm an aviation geek, so this was right in my wheelhouse. There's the first 747 test plane, one of the first 787 Dreamliner test planes, and SAM970, one of the 707 Air Force One planes. This one flew Johnson to Dallas when Kennedy was assassinated, and flew Nixon to China. 

This evening, we went on the nighttime Underground tour, called the Underworld tour. It focuses on the seedier side of Seattle pre the fire of 1889. The stories were quite fascinating.

Can't wait for the morning! Stay tuned for ship pics tomorrow...

Steve.

• Like 3

We're on the Star to Hawaii in a few weeks so will definitely be interested in this thread. I know it's not guaranteed to be the same for us but wouuld like to know who the Cruise Director is, and who the current entertainment staff are, when you get aboard. Thanks 😉

8 hours ago, nf5894 said:

We're on the Star to Hawaii in a few weeks so will definitely be interested in this thread. I know it's not guaranteed to be the same for us but wouuld like to know who the Cruise Director is, and who the current entertainment staff are, when you get aboard. Thanks 😉

Hopefully it’ll be Gary Golding.....he was on the Star a few weeks ago. He was our cruise director on our Panama cruise last year.....he’s an absolute hoot. So keeping our fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I am at home waiting for my cousin to arrive.  I live about 40 minutes from the Pier.  We should be at the pier by 12:30-1:00.  We are so excited for this cruise & the Hawaii 15 day round trip cruise.  It will be our 1st back to back cruise.  We received a free upgrade on today's one day cruise from our Ocean View Stateroom to a Balcony.  For the Hawaii portion we will be in our booked Ocean View Stateroom on deck 5.  A Balcony is a lovely way to begin our 16 day journey.  

I am so glad you had a chance to do both the Underground Tour and to visit the Boeing Museum of Flight.  I love Seattle.  If you are ever here for a longer time you should visit Mt. Rainier.  

Save some lunch for us.  😊

Edited by Katjoy

52 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

11:00. Still in the Elite lounge. Boarding hasn’t begun yet. 

Have an awesome cruise! The Star is my favorite ship and I normally never miss these repositioning trips, I'll be living through your Live 👍

• Like 1

Annoyance is starting. Went to the MDR for lunch at 11:55, and was told that it was full and no tables were available. It was obviously a staff shortage, as only about 1/3 of the tables were occupied. Since we didn’t want to wait, we went up to Horizon court. The port side had a huge line, so we went over to starboard, where there was no wait, just a slow moving line. The carved turkey breast was amazingly tender and moist. Overall I was quite impressed with the buffet food. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Annoyance is starting. Went to the MDR for lunch at 11:55, and was told that it was full and no tables were available. It was obviously a staff shortage, as only about 1/3 of the tables were occupied. Since we didn’t want to wait, we went up to Horizon court. The port side had a huge line, so we went over to starboard, where there was no wait, just a slow moving line. The carved turkey breast was amazingly tender and moist. Overall I was quite impressed with the buffet food. 

But the international cafe was totally empty. Enjoyed my Cubans. On to Hawaii