Will adding third passenger change rate for first 2?

garyl62

I know my TA or Celebrity will have the most  accurate info, but I'm only in the "thinking about" stage of this.  We have a CS booked for this spring and the rate is now $1,000 more PP than when we booked.  We are considering having our DD join us so I'm wondering if we add her to our cabin will that cause our rate to be re-priced at the new, higher rate, or will she just be added at the third person rate?  I can do a mock booking for 3 in the same level cabin so I'm guessing there is room on the ship, and I can see how it would price out at today's rates.  If it causes our rate to change, it will be cheaper to book her an inside cabin and add the perks ala cart for just one.  If our rate stays the same we're better off sharing our cabin with her.  Anyone have experience making a change like this?  

I added a 3rd passenger to an already booked suite a few times.  It never changed the pricing for Passenger 1 and 2.  So I'm hopeful that you will be able to add your DD without having to re-price the cabin in its entirety.  Of course, the best answer is "you never know"!!

Note that even though you have space in your cabin, when the other cabins fill up it is possible that the lifeboat you are assigned to can also fill up - thereby restricting you from adding another person to your cabin. So add her as soon as you know that she will be going with you.

5 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I know my TA or Celebrity will have the most  accurate info, but I'm only in the "thinking about" stage of this.  We have a CS booked for this spring and the rate is now $1,000 more PP than when we booked.  We are considering having our DD join us so I'm wondering if we add her to our cabin will that cause our rate to be re-priced at the new, higher rate, or will she just be added at the third person rate?  I can do a mock booking for 3 in the same level cabin so I'm guessing there is room on the ship, and I can see how it would price out at today's rates.  If it causes our rate to change, it will be cheaper to book her an inside cabin and add the perks ala cart for just one.  If our rate stays the same we're better off sharing our cabin with her.  Anyone have experience making a change like this?  

We just did this for one of our February cruises. All I was concerned was the extra cost which came in at around £1,650.

You need to speak to Celebrity or your TA to see what the extra is for your cruise.

7 hours ago, Solution said:

No, the rate for the first two passengers will not change if you just add a third, or a fourth.

Just to clarify, that is true as long as you are currently booked in a cabin that can accommodate 3, which I believe the OP said is the case for them.  If they weren't, they might have to move to a slightly different cabin category and that could end up meaning a change in price.  That's how I have always understood it; someone will let me know if I'm mistaken.

Thanks everyone, sounds like we may be able to add her without too much cost so that keeps us "thinking about it", but obviously until we see something from Celebrity nothing is certain, even then...…. who knows.

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:34 AM, garyl62 said:

Thanks everyone, sounds like we may be able to add her without too much cost so that keeps us "thinking about it", but obviously until we see something from Celebrity nothing is certain, even then...…. who knows.

Gary, if you happen to see this again, will you let me know how it worked out for you?

If you're before final payment, I would add her now, even if its still a "maybe." You may not be able to later should your section for muster/life boats be full. You can always take her off right before final payment.  We have done this before for one of the signature suites. It didn't affect our pricing to add a 3rd at a later date.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, garyl62 said:

If it causes our rate to change, it will be cheaper to book her an inside cabin and add the perks ala cart for just one.  If our rate stays the same we're better off sharing our cabin with her.  Anyone have experience making a change like this?  

While I don't know the answer to your specific question, I will add this for your potential consideration...

If I understand correctly, you are booked in a Celebrity Suite...  If your daughter were to share that room with you, she would be eligible to enjoy the suite amenities offered on your unspecified ship [most notable are dining in Luminae, access to Michael's Club/The Retreat, and--depending upon ship/sailing date--access to the new Retreat Sundeck]…

If your daughter were to stay in an inside cabin instead [likely at a 100% solo supplement], those suite amenities would not generally be available to her...  It is my understanding that your daughter could--by arrangement with the Luminae Maitre 'D--join you as your guest for dining in Luminae [as opposed to the Main Dining Room] at an upcharge [last I read, the surcharge is $10 per breakfast, $20 per lunch, $30 per dinner]...  But one can't "buy in" to access Michael's Club/The Retreat and--if available on your ship on your sailing date--the Retreat Sundeck...

Perks--whether included in the cruise fare or available for a la carte purchase in either case--are not the same as suite amenities...