Getaway Lunches

Momma Rene

One of the Main Dining Rooms is usually available for lunch.  Also, you can go to the buffet or O'Sheehan's.  These are all complimentary venues.   There is also Shanghai Noodle bar (also free) that could be open for lunch but I think you may need a reservation.  (On the sister ship Breakaway a few months ago we got a reservation for lunch.)

Margaritaville (up one deck from the buffet) is open for lunch but there is a fee and many who go there do not find it worth the set cost.  (Search for Margaritaville threads for more info).

There is one more option available on 'At Sea' days.  Ocean Blue has a walk-up window on the Waterfront deck.  We love the Lobster rolls there (about $10 each).  It also has a couple of other options like Crab Tostadas.  

Getaway is a great ship!  Have fun and enjoy your cruise😎

• Like 1

Savor and Taste (Deck 6 aft) will both be open at noon.  They are directly across from each other with a bar in between them.  Either one is good for lunch; same menu in each one.

O'Sheehan's (Deck 7 midships) has a very good lunch available; burgers, wings, hot dogs, etc.  basic comfort food you'd get here in MD at the Green Turtle but a tad better IMHO.

Garden Cafe (aka the buffet) up on deck 15 will have the widest selection but the most people...lol

I've never tried the paid eateries for lunch so someone else will have to speak about them.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

Question about Margaritaville......

I know it is a $14.95 charge but does anyone know if you can go with 2 people and share an entree for $14.95 for both diners.  Or is it always just $14.95 per person even if you share.  I would be willing to go with my husband for lunch and just share nachos or something if is just $14.95 per entree due to the location, looks like a fun part of the ship.  

55 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Same menu every day, variety in the buffets.

Actually, minor changes.  For example, the open-faced tuna salad sandwich alternates with the open-faced chicken salad sandwich.