GTY Suite after check in

ade999

Hi All

we have been allocated a S1 after we booked a guaranteed suite - check in opened a couple of days ago and there are now aft S1 suites available to purchase - would celebrity allow us to change to one that is available now.

doesnt matter either way just interested as they have a corner art one available.

It was four years ago but we managed to change suite after booking a guaranteed suite. We called the US based TA who called Celebrity and after a chat they agreed to do it. So it certainly does not hurt to ask. Incidentally we went from an S2 to 6145 on Millennium which was a real result. :) 

If you were assigned a S1 (what is you assigned cabin number?) and not an S2, you should be able to switch to another S1 cabin.  This is based on my experience and assuming you are North America based.

If you are booked with a TA, then contact your TA..  If booked direct, you can call Celebrity.

Good luck.

The corner Aft Sky Suites are really nice.  By far our favorite Sky Suite location.  I am surprised that there are so many SS still available.

Edited by jagoffee

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience has been that once assigned a Guarantee room you can call either your agent or Celebrity if booked direct and change to any other room in the same category.     

Mine too. Just have the number you’d like to switch to — say, “I’d like to change from #X to #Y”, avoid mentioning it was a GTY ....

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Mynki said:

Incidentally we went from an S2 to 6145 on Millennium which was a real result. 🙂

That was a very sweet move you made. 6145 is next to the Penthouse and is probably (along with 6146) the best S1 on the M class ships. Good move!

4 hours ago, K12Guy said:

That was a very sweet move you made. 6145 is next to the Penthouse and is probably (along with 6146) the best S1 on the M class ships. Good move!

Sometimes you get lucky. There was a late cancellation and I just happened to see the room available on the UK site. 

It's with thanks to Cruise Critic that we pulled it off though. Without this forum I wouldn't have known that with a US booking you can switch a GTY room after your cabin has been assigned and that 6145 and 6146 are arguably the best M class sky suites. :)