Bonsai Teppanyaki starting price?

jbethel11

12 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Bonsai Teppanyaki is $32 per person, not including gratituties & cocktails.

There is a $25 fee for cancellations made (within) 24 hours of your reservation.

🍤  🍝  🍤

Alright! Does that include all options (combinations)?

23 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

There is a $25 fee for cancellations made (within) 24 hours of your reservation.

🍤  🍝  🍤

Is that a recent change?  When we were on Horizon earlier this year, the price you paid depended on what you ordered. I don’t recall exactly what we paid, but I know for us it was more expensive than the steakhouse. 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

🍤  🍝  🍤

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Is that a recent change?  When we were on Horizon earlier this year, the price you paid depended on what you ordered. I don’t recall exactly what we paid, but I know for us it was more expensive than the steakhouse. 

I realize the OP wanted info from somewhere other than Carnival. However, this was just updated on 09/20/2019

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/~/specialty-restaurants---dining-reservation-information

☺️

4 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

I realize the OP wanted info from somewhere other than Carnival. However, this was just updated on 09/20/2019

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/~/specialty-restaurants---dining-reservation-information

☺️

Thanks for the info! That’s definitely a change, for the better, since we were on Horizon in March. 

• Like 1

Guess I'm confused on what the OP's issue is. Carnival's site, or at least the one I look at for the Horizon cruise we have booked clearly states the prices is SET at $32pp....with a $25 cancelation fee if a reservation is canceled with 24 hours of reservation time. Where did $38pp come from?

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Bonsai Sushi has a la carte pricing. Bonsai Teppanyaki is a fixed price per person. It has always been this way. But they are two different restaurants (though right next to each other on ships that have both). 

32 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I'm guessing the combinations are smaller portions of each protein type.  The steakhouse seems like a fairly reasonable deal for what you get compared to on land, but teppanyaki doesn't seem like much of a discount.

I completely agree. The show is better than the food. It was $15 on NCL and still mediocre. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Guess I'm confused on what the OP's issue is. Carnival's site, or at least the one I look at for the Horizon cruise we have booked clearly states the prices is SET at $32pp....with a $25 cancelation fee if a reservation is canceled with 24 hours of reservation time. Where did $38pp come from?

I was looking at different YouTube videos in order to find a price, but they all ranged. I think originally, the starting (chicken or vegetables) pricing was $25pp, but then they increased the price to $32pp to include ALL options and combinations.

19 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Bonsai Sushi has a la carte pricing. Bonsai Teppanyaki is a fixed price per person. It has always been this way. But they are two different restaurants (though right next to each other on ships that have both). 

Bonsai Tepppanyaki hasn’t always been a fixed price. In October of last year and March of this year the price varied depending on what you ordered. 

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Bonsai Tepppanyaki hasn’t always been a fixed price. In October of last year and March of this year the price varied depending on what you ordered. 

Yes, it was $25-$30 per person depending on what protein you ordered, but it was still a fixed price per person, and included all of the sides, dessert, etc (now it’s $32 per person). However, Bonsai Sushi is completely different, as in every item on the menu has it’s own price. Like at a restaurant on land. That is what I was referring to when I said “a la carte.”