Large Cabins for Family of 4 on Oosterdam

MoyCoy

We are sailing the Oosterdam to Mexico in December room 10019.  We are a family of 4. (2 adults, 8 year old twins)

We are booked in a balcony on the 10th floor ( one of the newly added rooms) 

I am concerned because some of the balcony cabins require the 4th to sleep over our head. According to my PCC there is no way to know which cabins are set up this way.

I wanted to move to a Vista Suite. But they all only hold 3. It seems if we want a bigger room, we would have to move to a Neptune Suite, which is costly. 

I wonder are there famliy cabins on the Oosterdam? Or special larger cabins that sleep 4 or more?

Thank You!

There are no Vista Suites on the Oosterdam.  The Signature Suites (larger than the Vistas on other ships) only sleep 3, while the Neptunes do sleep 4, 2 of which would be on a pullout sofa big (which is not very large IMO.  You likely will have to book a Veranda to get 4 in, but I am pretty sure all of those would have a pull down bed.

No family cabins on the Oosterdam.

The only option to meet what you want would be a Neptune ( or of course a Penthouse (Pinnacle) Suite).

2 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

I am concerned because some of the balcony cabins require the 4th to sleep over our head. According to my PCC there is no way to know which cabins are set up this way.

42 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Veranda to get 4 in, but I am pretty sure all of those would have a pull down bed.

I too believe all veranda quads on the O'dam have one upper bunk.

The huge insides on Main Deck are quite large (larger than the balcony cabins). Many of them sleep four. There are two twin beds, convertible to queen, a couch that pulls out to a twin, and an upper berth over the main bed(s), across the head of both. 
Floor space would be very tight with the sofa opened up. I've stayed in these cabins often, and would toss myself overboard if I had to share with three other people, but families do feel differently about that. 

You can relieve the 'bed over the head' concern by asking the steward to reverse how the main bed is made up---have your feet pointing to the wall, so the upper berth is across the feet. It may result in pillows sliding around some---I don't know. But it is one solution. 

Thank you everyone!!! Whew so tight for 4. The Neptune Suite is 2500 more. 😑

Thank you again. Pictures are very sobering. 

Here is to hoping they offer a upsell!

The inside mentioned. Is it a family inside or a large inside? I would really miss my balcony 😐

One last question.  Do you think the newly built cabins on the 10th floor would be slightly smaller than cabins originally built with the ship? I wanted the 10th floor because of proximity to the Kids Club, but o dont want to sell myself short either and choose a smaller room.

3 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

The inside mentioned. Is it a family inside or a large inside? I would really miss my balcony 😐

The only cabins on HAL ships termed 'family' cabins are on the Pinnacle class ships. 
The cabins for three or four on the earlier ships were meant for families, but just not termed that. At least some of them on Main Deck connect to a cabin for two, so two adults and up to four children can travel together easily. 

4 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

Thank you everyone!!! Whew so tight for 4. The Neptune Suite is 2500 more. 😑

Thank you again. Pictures are very sobering. 

Here is to hoping they offer a upsell!

We’ve done a balcony with 4, 2 adults and 2 kids on a few Hal cruises and on a couple on another line.  It’s tight but doable.  It’s not often that all 4 of us are in the cabin all at once.  You just have to be organized and quick at getting ready. 

we once got an up sell once for a Neptune suite which was great we loved it.

Have you considered an outside view category?  Some of them in DD and E on the Main Deck are quads, but the 4th bunk is pull-down from the ceiling.  Go for one that doesn't have a bathtub, such as 1125.  You'll have a little more room, not much but some.  As I recall, the pull-down bed is over the sofa, which is one bed, not over the other two twin beds. 

If you need additional shower space, remember that one parent could shower/dress at the spa.  Not ideal, but it does free up some preparation time.

You could also look at some of the verandah cabins on Deck 4, which sleep 4 persons.  The balconies may be a tad larger.  If I were you, I'd look at some of the J cabins (inside) on Deck 1 that connect.  With your twins' age, one parent would have to be in each cabin; however, you would all have plenty of space.  We booked two of these cabins when we were traveling with my son and his friend once.  We ended up putting the boys in one cabin and kept the connecting door open.  It worked well for us.

Hope you find a configuration that works well for your family.  Have a wonderful cruise.