boarding time

sassyw

We pre-registered for our November cruise and sent in pictures,etc.  Were told our boarding time was between 1:00 and 1:30. We had planned on getting to ship earlier and we are in a Junior Suite. Will we be able to board earlier (11:30)?

10 minutes ago, sassyw said:

We pre-registered for our November cruise and sent in pictures,etc.  Were told our boarding time was between 1:00 and 1:30. We had planned on getting to ship earlier and we are in a Junior Suite. Will we be able to board earlier (11:30)?

Suggested boarding times have not been enforced by RC on cruises out of US ports.

34 minutes ago, sassyw said:

We pre-registered for our November cruise and sent in pictures,etc.  Were told our boarding time was between 1:00 and 1:30. We had planned on getting to ship earlier and we are in a Junior Suite. Will we be able to board earlier 

I see no reason you can't board at 12:59 😄 

Seriously you can typically board early with no problem

Edited by Tulsacoker

We always arrive around 1030 for cruises.  Boarding times are RCI's attempt to spread out arrivals, that's all.   We usually have a very short wait and since you're in a JS, you can wait and board with suites who are among the first groups boarded.  Waiting areas for suites are usually a little more comfortable.

Our docs also said 1pm.We arrived about 10:15am at Bayonne and they announced that boarding will start at 10:30. The suites got to sit in the waiting area closest to the boarding entrance and so were the first to board.

We're on Allure 11/10/19.  Mine said 2:00 pm, but that's a little late for me.  I have to check out of our condo rental by 10:00 am, then return our rental car to the airport by 11:00 am, so we'll be there around 11:30/Noon.

Happy sailing everyone!!!  🚤

• 3 weeks later...

I arrived extremely late at the port one time something like 2:55p for a 4 or 4:30 departure.  It was an astoundingly fast embarkation...no line anywhere, no wait, no delay, no pause.  Seriously: 5 minutes from security scan to ship door.

Stressful for me, yes, but dang efficient loading process!

On 10/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, sassyw said:

I didn't see your port, but ours is Miami and we were given an 11:30 boarding time.  Email this morning stressed that Coast Guard was doing an inspection on our ship and not to arrive any earlier.

43 minutes ago, tinykygal said:

I didn't see your port, but ours is Miami and we were given an 11:30 boarding time.  Email this morning stressed that Coast Guard was doing an inspection on our ship and not to arrive any earlier.

we have received the Coast Guard inspection email at least 4-5 times (at several different ports) and never once did it delay our boarding.  We stilled arrived about 10:30 and were always onboard before 11:30.

your experience may be different but it has never affected us.....

38 minutes ago, dancingfish said:

Mine says Check in Time 12-4pm.  Will we be given a different time later?

I have read of this in the past.

I don't  doubt their word, as we have cruisd RCCL 8 times; however, if there was a known problem prior to returning to port, I would suspect it is legit.  

NOROVIRUS sometimes causes delays.  I hope not on Empress.

Just keep any eye on your emails or APPS?  They don't want everyone arriving early and we sorta have priority boarding, but not really.

over the last 6 years we have typically arrived at the ship between 9:30 and 10:30.  Mostly due to being on really early same day flights.  Almost every cruise we've been on board and in the windjammer eating by 11:15, last year I think we had eaten, changed and were sitting by the pool by 11:15.  3 years ago we didn't get on until after 12:30, from the loudspeaker we could hear from the ship, I believe someone didn't get off the ship in a timely manner.  almost every line we've stood in has gone really fast.

Dan