BOGO in the Crown Grill on embarkation night

KevintheIrishDJ

On 10/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, compozer said:

Our TA always gives us the coupon book.   I looked at it once and usually just toss them.

Then why not tell your TA "Thanks, but no thanks" and they can give your books to someone who will appreciate them.  They do not grow on trees.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, compozer said:

It has been the past two years that the card saying our specialty dinner is scheduled for ______ has been on the desk when we arrive.

Yea,  never seen it.  Not a biggie to me.  We still eat in Crown Grill on first night for our suite.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:20 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

If you look under the Booking Summary of your cruise, then right below the header a line that has how many days till your cruise, and across from that is "Boarding Pass and Travel Summary", then Print Travel Summary, and in the actual travel summary it's listed.   Like I said they hide it well, it's not in one of the categories under the booked cruise, that would be too easy.

Thanks for the instruction, I never knew I have the Cruise night coupon book before....so I saw it in my travel summary, does that mean I will have a “real booklet” onboard?

16 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Then why not tell your TA "Thanks, but no thanks" and they can give your books to someone who will appreciate them.  They do not grow on trees.

The books do not actually physically come from the TA.

They come from Princess and are associated with bookings made during certain promotions. The TA cannot give the book to anyone else. But once on board, you can give it to someone else if you wish.

2 hours ago, andrek said:

Can you pre book the reservations for BOGO or do you have to wait until you board and get your coupon book from your cabin first.

Thanks,

Andrea

You have to wait until you are on board. You do not have to have the coupon to book, but must have it with you when you go to eat there,

If you book in advance of the cruise, you must pay for each person in advance.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

The books do not actually physically come from the TA.

They come from Princess and are associated with bookings made during certain promotions. The TA cannot give the book to anyone else. But once on board, you can give it to someone else if you wish.

I understand that.  My meaning was for the TA to give to another of their clients - on their booking instead.

48 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I understand that.  My meaning was for the TA to give to another of their clients - on their booking instead.

The TA can't do that. The book is associated with bookings made during promotion periods. A client booked outside of that period cannot be given the booklet as it is not for the TA to decide who gets one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  Guess I didn't quite understand it.

Oddly - what you are asking is the same as giving Sip and Sail from one client to another client who did not book during the promo. It just can't be transferred between bookings.

Thankfully, once on the ship - the coupon books can be given away.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Oddly - what you are asking is the same as giving Sip and Sail from one client to another client who did not book during the promo. It just can't be transferred between bookings.

Thankfully, once on the ship - the coupon books can be given away.

I thought I had read where other posters had indicated that TA's can declare various periods of time during the year when they want to offer the coupon books so I ended up assuming they had more autonomy over it as opposed to a Princess sales promotion.  It's not clear to me when these come available.  Had them as part of a couple of past reservations unexpectedly. 

But certainly makes sense there is no one to give an extra set of books to if all other reservations during a time period already have them.

Edited by steelers36

1 minute ago, steelers36 said:

I thought I had read where other posters had indicated that TA's can declare various periods of time during the year when they want to offer the coupon books so I ended up assuming they had more autonomy over it as opposed to a Princess sales promotion.  It's not clear to me when these come available.  Had them as part of a couple of past reservations unexpectedly. 

But certainly makes sens there is no one to give an extra set of books to if all other reservations during a time period already have them.

Yes - my TA decides when she has this promo. More so, she decides when she has $100 deposits and these come at the same time. I doubt she purposely decides to have this special for the coupon books - more so the $100 deposits. When speaking with her, she tries to have these when "Europe comes out" or other big releases as some of her clients run out of $100 FCD and don't want to put the full deposit down.

• Like 1