BOGO in the Crown Grill on embarkation night

KevintheIrishDJ

Just now, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Last time we used the coupon it was only good on embarkation night.

Must be the new updated coupon book. Once we had a book that offered BOGO at specialty dining venues for any night. Given how few passengers seem to be eating at these restaurants, Princess should consider extending the time-line offer.  In that past few years we find these restaurants almost empty of passengers - lots of space and limited revenue. 

Darcy

29 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

Given how few passengers seem to be eating at these restaurants

We basically quit going to the speciality restaurants after the last price increase, and the change to charge for a 2nd entree.  We thought it was a decent value when you could get an entree and the one to share, allowed us to try different things, but now it's just too expensive for what you get IMO.

Our last cruise we had the BOGO and then one from our TA, so we ate at Crown Grill twice.  Our upcoming cruise we still have a BOGO, so we will go on the first day, but that will be it.

14 hours ago, Jezabel2924 said:

We had it last month in our TA coupon book and used it.

Dumb question  - what's a TA book and where do you get one? Never heard of bogo on Crown Grill and a TA Coupon Book.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

13 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Dumb question  - what's a TA book and where do you get one? Never heard of bogo on Crown Grill and a TA Coupon Book.

Some larger Travel Agencies opt into various Princess promos, one of which might be the TA coupon books. Our agent has given us an OBC promo for booking so soon after our last cruise, the coupon books and an agency loyalty OBC. Add to that the military and shareholders benefits, and the FCC -  nice to be boarding with $$ credits toward whatever we buy on the sip.

Darcy

19 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We basically quit going to the speciality restaurants after the last price increase, and the change to charge for a 2nd entree.  We thought it was a decent value when you could get an entree and the one to share, allowed us to try different things, but now it's just too expensive for what you get IMO.

Our last cruise we had the BOGO and then one from our TA, so we ate at Crown Grill twice.  Our upcoming cruise we still have a BOGO, so we will go on the first day, but that will be it.

Totally agree about the price increase. I can never finish the beef and have often walked out with the dessert in hand - late night snack. Actually, I don't like any of the same old desserts so I request creme brule instead. It goes better with my brewed coffee at the Int'l cafe. 

Darcy

One reason that they seem empty is that so many people will make a reservation and  then be a no show.   We eat often in the specialty restaurants but hate making reservations ahead of time.  So we do it the day of.   ALmost every time, we are told they are full for the the 7 - 8 time slot but we should check back around 6:30.   And every time we have been able to get in.   They do not charge for no shows but I would not doubt if that might be a coming thing.   I feel sorry for the staff - they are getting screwed out of tips.  Many are just standing around so they are sent to the buffet to finish out their shift.

Edited by compozer

Here is the coupon that is on page 4 of the coupon book that we got when we booked with our TA.  Not sure if it was their special that they gave us, or if it was part of Princess's promotion.  Either way, we got the coupon book.

Cron Grill.jpg

Cron Grill 2.jpg

Edited by dweeb
spelling

12 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Unfortunately, my TA tells me that not every TA has "access" to the coupon booklet.   😥

If anyone has an extra one, please let me know!!!

Any Travel Agency  may create a 1 week Princess Cruise Night Sale (usually allowed 6 per year).

However you must book during that Sale to receive the  Good Coupon Book as well as Reduced Deposits and some additional OBC.

Had one this May on the Coral and used it on the 2nd night since someone advised us that Crown Grille wasn't open the first night. It was but they accepted it on the 2nd night. Sometimes I get the coupon book from my TA and sometimes not and don't know why but that is the only thing of value for me in the book. I like the Crown Grille although I also can't eat the whole meal.

• Like 1

We're booked on a B2B2B next fall. The Travel Summary for each cruise shows a pair of Cruise Night Coupon Books - one for each of us. Sheesh... If they give us the pair of books on all three segments we will be swimming in embarkation BOGO offers.

Edited by Thrak

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We're booked on a B2B2B next fall. The Travel Summary for each cruise shows a pair of Cruise Night Coupon Books - one for each of us. Sheesh... If they give us the pair of books on all three segments we will be swimming in embarkation BOGO offers.

Just think of all the new friends you could make! 😉

Talked to my TA today actually and she told me that the coupon books are provided when the TA is having a sale (I have no idea when they are having a sale), but assume they have them periodically, and that is the only time they have them available, at least for the agency my TA is affiliated with.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:01 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

It is listed under "special services" in the travel summary.

I have 2 cruises that show them right now as cruise night coupon books along with the free specialty restaurant cover charge.

Not sure if it has the BOGO in it.

We have three cruises booked for Down Under next winter. The only thing listed for each cruise under 'Special Services' is pre-paid tips from the promo we booked under.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:46 AM, WatchHill said:

Totally agree about the price increase. I can never finish the beef and have often walked out with the dessert in hand - late night snack. Actually, I don't like any of the same old desserts so I request creme brule instead. It goes better with my brewed coffee at the Int'l cafe. 

Darcy

Love the creme brûlée

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Talked to my TA today actually and she told me that the coupon books are provided when the TA is having a sale (I have no idea when they are having a sale), but assume they have them periodically, and that is the only time they have them available, at least for the agency my TA is affiliated with.

They are often associated (from what I can tell) when my agent has $100 deposits. They are called cruise night sales or something probably dating back to when brick and mortar agents would have a "Princess week" or something like that.

Edited by Coral

19 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

We have three cruises booked for Down Under next winter. The only thing listed for each cruise under 'Special Services' is pre-paid tips from the promo we booked under.

Our TA said the book is a princess promotion on a majority of cruises, but not necessarily always.  For the first time in a number of cruises, we do not have it provided for this upcoming Christmas; the TA said that when we booked, it was not available as a promo to the agents. However, had we booked at a different time, it might have been.

Last year, upon embarkation, we were told that we could use the coupon for a middle of the week reservation at the CG. Later that day, the young lady who took our reservation tracked us down in our room and told us she had been mistaken, that it had to be used only on embarkation day.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, compozer said:

We have received that coupon book from our TA the past two years but never used it since we got dinner with our suite and AMEX.  Lately for suites, they make a reservation for you and there is a card in your room.  They always book it for 6:30 and we like to eat later.    We usually do not like going the first night and have been able to change it.   We have six weeks coming up so I would not mind getting half price since we go often.    Has anyone had luck with getting coupon switched  to another night?   thanks

Compozer, when did the suite reservation card start? .  I have been in suites my last two cruise; this year and last; and have had to go to the dine line or crown grill to make reservation.  Curious?

36 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Compozer, when did the suite reservation card start? .  I have been in suites my last two cruise; this year and last; and have had to go to the dine line or crown grill to make reservation.  Curious?

It has been the past two years that the card saying our specialty dinner is scheduled for ______ has been on the desk when we arrive.