Norwegian Getaway was the worst service on any cruise

jenkim11

On 10/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, spanishguy1970 said:

oh i hope not, i am on the Getaway for the next 19 days starting this Sunday,  😰😰but then again i take people complaints with a grain of salt. Is been my experience that some people will complain no matter what.

I was on it last week and had a great experience. My Spa complaint is that they sell day passes on port days which led to a very crowded and noisy Thermal Spa.

Edited by fastpitchdad
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, jenkim11 said:

I have taken about 5 cruises in total and never had any issues with service. I have just signed up for this as a link was sent and wanted to vent about the terrible service.  I had a total of 17 people in my party on a cruise to Eastern Europe for 9 days.  Before the cruise, most of us purchased the thermal spa at $239 per person, the soda package, the water package and the high speed internet for $265 per person.  They had an awesome spa but the spa was not the issue - it was the service.  I booked a massage for $139 for a deep tissue.  It was a special as the regular price was $159.  The special had expired but they said they would honor it so I booked for 2 people.  I got the massage, and about 10 minutes in,  the tech from the person who was doing my sister's massage knocked on the door as my sister did not speak English at all.  She was arguing that my sister had to pay $159.  I told them that they said they would honor the $139.  She left and came back 5 minutes later with a translator.  I explained again and she left the room.  I told the masseuse that if I was interrupted again, I would cancel this massage and reschedule and asked her if I should go to the room where my sister was and explain.  She told me there was no need an they would honor the deep tissue as promised and told me not to worry because they had a translator in there.  I was interrupted a third time towards the end....I was livid and the experience was annoying but held it in.  When the massage was finished, I asked my sister if she got the deep tissue and she said "no" and that she was given a Swedish massage - which she would have never scheduled had she known in advance.  Basically for a $30 difference, she was taken advantage of.  When talking to the assistant manager after, the lady lied and said she was given a deep tissue massage when 2 minutes before, she told me she didn't give a deep tissue because that is not what she paid for and that a deep tissue would have cost $30 more.  The assistant manager talked about giving us a massage to make up for this and the interrupted massage (3 x's during a 50 minute massage), and said she would have the manager give us a call.  Never happened.  When I called the spa manager the next day, she was not available.  I went to guest services the day before the last day and they wrote down my complaint and said someone would get back to me before the end of the cruise.  No one got back to me.  I wrote an email/letter asking for acknowledgement of receipt - have heard nothing.  It is not the money - I spent $8000 including airfare for this cruise for 2 and had 17 people in the group.

I went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise early this year and when I left one of the restaurants without eating much of the food in main dining - the head of the dining dept came to almost every meal (literally found me at the restaurants) to see if my meal was enjoyable.  

See above bolded - couldn’t get colored fonts to take.

• 4 weeks later...

Today we got off our 19 day cruise on the Getaway and without a shadow of a doubt it was the worst cruise i have been on in all my years being a loyal NCL customer. The MDR service was atrocious, the ship running out of supplies ( food) was palpable. I want to go on with more detail but too tired to do so. I can say that i would not be surprised that others will come forward and say negative stuff about this horrible 19 day  cruise, I think NCL can do better. Every time we go on a new NCl cruise we see our latitude perks diminish, the quality of the food in specialty restaurants diminish, I can say that once we run out of our 4 NCL cruise next certificate we will be looking elsewhere for our cruise vacation. We are hearing great things about Celebrity we may give them a try. I am one who says that peoples comments and opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, but in my experience with NCL they are really going down hill. Is a shame really. I understand prices go up, but i always thought quality should improve with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I can say that once we run out of our 4 NCL cruise next certificate we will be looking elsewhere for our cruise vacation. 

You can sell them on here for what you paid for them, no need to take another NCL cruise.  Prices increase because of inflation, no reason to believe higher prices means more better cruises.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mugtech said:

You can sell them on here for what you paid for them, no need to take another NCL cruise.  Prices increase because of inflation, no reason to believe higher prices means more better cruises.

I am aware price increase because of inflation but i expect quality to increase not decrease. I never said that i thought higher prices meant better cruises, read my comment again. I am also aware i can sell my certificates here, i have been in cruise critic long enough to know that. Thanks for your input though.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

oh i hope not, i am on the Getaway for the next 19 days starting this Sunday,  😰😰but then again i take people complaints with a grain of salt. Is been my experience that some people will complain no matter what.

So how did that work out for you?  Was it your worst cruise ever?

5 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

It was, considering i only take NCL cruises i can definitely say that. I am definitely jumping cruise line. Did i answer your question?

You may have, but I have some of my own...

If this cruise was the worst...prior to this cruise, which cruise did you identify as the worst and specifically why?

You say you are "definitely jumping cruise line". Is that going to occur immediately, or will you be taking a few more NCL cruises first?

Lastly, someone on here said that people's opinions and comments should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, if this is true, then why should I or anyone else give any weight or consideration to your reported experience?

3 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

You may have, but I have some of my own...

If this cruise was the worst...prior to this cruise, which cruise did you identify as the worst and specifically why?

You say you are "definitely jumping cruise line". Is that going to occur immediately, or will you be taking a few more NCL cruises first?

Lastly, someone on here said that people's opinions and comments should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, if this is true, then why should I or anyone else give any weight or consideration to your reported experience?

they should not, but this is an opinion and comment page about cruises therefore you can take my comment with a grain a salt i am simply stating my experience with NCL on this particular cruise, I have taken over 13 cruises with NCL and this was the worst i have been on. Is my experience, you have your own.

Of all the cruises I have been on the one I took on the Jade two years ago had to be the worst one.

They had re-routed due to a hurricane, had loads of new employees that didn't know what they

were doing and for the first time my cabin was not at all clean or in good repair. Fast forward

a year later we decided to book the same cabin on the Jade and held our breath

to see how it would turn out. All the maintenance issues had been  addressed, the

cabin was clean and the crew was in a better place. I still didn't think it was my favorite but

things were tremendously better. Sometimes the stars just don't align.......I didn't complain

after the first one and yes billing issues were also a problem which I never quite got resolved

onboard but then I let it drop. People have every right to t fight for the justice they deserve

but I don't want to  spend what  precious little time I have left on this earth (I am a senior citizen)

fighting to make things perfectly fair.

2 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

they should not, but this is an opinion and comment page about cruises therefore you can take my comment with a grain a salt i am simply stating my experience with NCL on this particular cruise, I have taken over 13 cruises with NCL and this was the worst i have been on. Is my experience, you have your own.

Yes...that is true of everyone though, right? It seems more and more like this is just a one-off experience...based on your reports which make it seems really less relevant, rather than more. I'm just trying to get some context which is why I asked which cruise was the worst before this one. You have taken over 13 cruises (does that mean 14?) so one of them had to have been the worst before this one.

I would be upset about being interrupted if I paid for a massage but I would have also asked for the compensation right then and there and not afterwards (or when I returned from the trip -- sorry, good luck there).

As per that ruining my entire cruise experience...nah. If everything little think annoyed me, I might as well do nothing...

I hated the MDR on NCL, so I eat at the specialty restaurants or buffet. Had food poisoning on RCCL once (actually the whole table, who ever at the lamb did), but never stop me from cruising with them but maybe having second thoughts on the lamb.

Good to vent...

Edited by xcell
  • Like 1