Carnival to add a 4th ship in Galveston

Crusin Hogs

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

As mentioned before, Galveston is Carnival’s best home port.  Nice to see the Dream doing longer cruises again, scratching my head on the Breeze doing shorter ones.

Do you think Magic and Sunrise will homeport in New York?

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Do not know Grasshopper, I have inquired with some people, we will see what I can find out.  In addition to the two ships you mentioned, I am extremely curious as to where the Freedom will land.  She has escaped us thus far.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Do not know Grasshopper, I have inquired with some people, we will see what I can find out.  In addition to the two ships you mentioned, I am extremely curious as to where the Freedom will land.  She has escaped us thus far.

I think Freedom will probably go to Miami, like Glory did after her refurb. She will run 6 and 8 day alternating itineraries like Carnival Magic did. This will most likely happen until 2022, when Mardi Gras' sister comes. 

19 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

As mentioned before, Galveston is Carnival’s best home port.  Nice to see the Dream doing longer cruises again, scratching my head on the Breeze doing shorter ones.

If the breeze holds even the smallest amount more people that is why. I hate to see the breeze ruined in that way....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

If the breeze holds even the smallest amount more people that is why. I hate to see the breeze ruined in that way....

I know! Such a beautiful ship with the decor of the Vista class being given to mostly newbie cruisers. I guess that's kinda smart as it will attract newer cruisers to a nice version of Carnival ships. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

By the time 2021 comes, the Sunrise will be sailing out of New York for 2 years (2019 now, and 2020 next year). From what i noticed in the past, this is kinda rare as carnival usually switches ship every year or so. I am really really hoping that 2021 we can get a new different ship. I would love to see the visa class ships return back to NYC

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I guess I just don't get that Galveston is so popular that it can support so many ships.  Not only Carnival, but other lines, too.  They do the math, so they know what they're doing.  I hate to see both the Dream and Breeze there while New Orleans has older, smaller ships.  What's going to happen to Port Canaveral?  The Mardi Gras is a great option, but the same old tired itinerary will, well, get old. They used to have unique itineraries from Port Canaveral, along with the shorter and standard 7 day cruises. I wonder when the repositioning cruises will be available to book? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, shof515 said:

By the time 2021 comes, the Sunrise will be sailing out of New York for 2 years (2019 now, and 2020 next year). From what i noticed in the past, this is kinda rare as carnival usually switches ship every year or so. I am really really hoping that 2021 we can get a new different ship. I would love to see the visa class ships return back to NYC

All Vista class ships are serving another homeport. Magic and Sunrise are the only "newer" ships available. One would think that Radiance would stay in NY and Sunrise would go to Galveston, but I guess Carnival had other plans.

I sure wish we could have/see a spreadsheet/analysis of the entire fleet's revenue, by ship over a year's time. At least we could get some idea as to why Carnival's board room decides on what they do and why. I wonder if CCL's Annual Report would contain that info. Anyone know?

38 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I sure wish we could have/see a spreadsheet/analysis of the entire fleet's revenue, by ship over a year's time. At least we could get some idea as to why Carnival's board room decides on what they do and why. I wonder if CCL's Annual Report would contain that info. Anyone know?

No way. The competition would love to get their hands on that type of intel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

As would I

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

All Vista class ships are serving another homeport. Magic and Sunrise are the only "newer" ships available. One would think that Radiance would stay in NY and Sunrise would go to Galveston, but I guess Carnival had other plans.

2022 will bring the 2nd Excel class ship (Mardi Gras sister ship) to Miami which theoretically could free up the Horizon or Magic to New York. 

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

2022 will bring the 2nd Excel class ship (Mardi Gras sister ship) to Miami which theoretically could free up the Horizon or Magic to New York. 

Yay! Horizon to New York again! Maybe send Horizon to the West Coast, and Panorama to New York! Or better yet send Mardi Gras up to New York. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, comoceva said:

I'm thinking that they might bring the freedom to Alaska but who knows. I loved the freedom and will miss it.

But notice how Carnival doesn't send any other ship besides the Spirit class. This is because Alaska is a cold weather climate, meaning passengers do not want to spend 50 degree days in an outdoor pool. Spirit Class ships, as well as the Carnival Splendor, are the only ships that have an indoor pool. This is also why RCI and NCL both have ships with indoor pools in Alaska.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

No way. The competition would love to get their hands on that type of intel. 

CCL is a publicly traded corporation on the NYSE is it not? Then they MUST publish financial reports, as do ALL publicly traded (companies listed on ANY stock exchange. That's common knowledge. And they do it in the form of an Annual Report. And in it is included:

A Balance Sheet

An Income Statement (now called a Statement of Changes In Financial Position)

A Retained Earnings Statement

Now this Annual Report will contain consolidated earnings for all divisions and subsidiaries. Sooooo....all of the cruise lines' that CCL owns will be incorporated in that Annual Report. What I do not know, is if the separate divisions and subsidiaries of CCL have those financial statements broken out. THAT'S what I'm wondering if they publish. 

If anyone is interested here's the link to CCL's Quarterly Report. I haven't waded through it yet, but it should prove to be interesting.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2703352-carnival-to-add-a-4th-ship-in-galveston/?tab=comments#comment-58584354

Btw, good luck. It's 270 pages long.  It is CCL's 10-Q filing dated September 26,2019 called: "Quarterly report which provides a continuing view of a company's financial position". 

BTW, this is Carnival's quarterly filing to the SEC. 

51 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Spirit Class ships, as well as the Carnival Splendor, are the only ships that have an indoor pool. This is also why RCI and NCL both have ships with indoor pools in Alaska.

Some of the Conquest class ships doe have a retractable roof like the Sprint Class and Splendor. The NCL ships do not have this and they have no problems having 2 mega big ships cruising to Alaska

Joe817,

There is a huge difference in submitting required SEC filings and giving detailed ship-by-ship breakdowns of specifc profits and earnings. But you already knew that if you had scoured those SEC filings that you posted.  

Anyone with any business sense and half a brain of knowing how to balance a checkbook would know that you don't let the competition know where your exact profits and losses lie.  That is business sense 101.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2