$50 Shore Excursion Credit per port

weedc

As a perk, we have the $50 shore excursion credit per port,. In your experience can we use this credit at the debarkation port? We want to do an excursion offered by the ship - tour of Miami, then transfer to airport. Thank you in advance for your help!

Pro Tip:   Click on the promo and on the next page scroll down to the Terms and Conditions.   Here is what you will find:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

1 minute ago, ColeThornton said:

Pro Tip:   Click on the promo and on the next page scroll down to the Terms and Conditions.   Here is what you will find:

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

Thank you. I didn't think to look at the terms and conditions. I will keep it in mind if I have any other questions.

4 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Thanks so much for sharing this. Never thought about looking at an excursion for the debarkation day. From your post I checked the shore excursions for my trip, turns out I qualify for a free city tour and transfer to the airport. Great to have this as an option if need be.

Thanks again, 

Rochelle

On 10/17/2019 at 8:41 AM, ColeThornton said:

Another piece of information:   our travel agent advised us to use shore excursion credits by booking excursions ahead of time via NCL's toll free number (quoted above).  That way the $50 credit is taken off the price of the excursion up front; otherwise, if you book your excursions on board (using your shore excursion credits) you receive the $50 credit in the form on an OBC.  

50 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

Another piece of information:   our travel agent advised us to use shore excursion credits by booking excursions ahead of time via NCL's toll free number (quoted above).  That way the $50 credit is taken off the price of the excursion up front; otherwise, if you book your excursions on board (using your shore excursion credits) you receive the $50 credit in the form on an OBC.  

whether you call the number ahead of time, or book onboard, the process is the same.  You are charged the full price of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the completion of each excursion.  So, if you have three ports and call ahead and book three excursion, you'll be charge full price for all three on the first night of the cruise.  Then after each of the ports, you'll get $50 OBC.  If you book onboard, then you'll get charge the price of the excursion when you book it (once again, full price) then you'll get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion.  It's more like monopoly money because everything evens out by the end of the cruise.  If you book online before the cruise, then you'd pay the full price at the time of booking (with a credit card).  You'd still get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion, but you would have to use it on something else since you've already paid for the excursion

Just now, The Dad said:

SO let me make sure I understand this.  If I book online I get a $50 OBC, which I can then use for anything I want (e.g. Tips); is this correct?

Thanks,

sorry, DSC is the one thing you can't use it on.

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

whether you call the number ahead of time, or book onboard, the process is the same.  You are charged the full price of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the completion of each excursion.  So, if you have three ports and call ahead and book three excursion, you'll be charge full price for all three on the first night of the cruise.  Then after each of the ports, you'll get $50 OBC.  If you book onboard, then you'll get charge the price of the excursion when you book it (once again, full price) then you'll get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion.  It's more like monopoly money because everything evens out by the end of the cruise.  If you book online before the cruise, then you'd pay the full price at the time of booking (with a credit card).  You'd still get the $50 OBC after the completion of the excursion, but you would have to use it on something else since you've already paid for the excursion

Interesting.    It sounds like my Big Box TA gave me misinformation then.  

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

we have the $100 perk and we always call and reserve with no payment!   We also get the latitudes 10% as well.  Our OBC takes care of the rest!  

This is standard...... as long as you CALL and have the Shore Excursion Credit Promo then you may reserve without pre paying.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, dbrown84 said:

Just an update, but I called Norwegian's shore excursion number (866-625-1167) and specifically asked about this since there is some confusion on different threads about how exactly the $50 credit works.   I was told that if you book via their toll free number you will not be charged for the excursion until on board and the $50 credit will be applied toward the cost of the excursion and not given as OBC.   But if you book your shore excursions on-line prior to the cruise or once on board, then the $50 credit will be given as an OBC.   This is from NCL's website:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

At the end of the day, it's really all the same.  Everyone is really saying the same thing, but it's a word choice that seems to be causing some confusion.  If you call before your cruise and book an excursion that cost $100, but it isn't until the fourth day of the cruise, you will be charged $100 on the first night of the cruise.  On the fourth night, after you complete the excursion, you will be credited $50 to your account.  Whether you want to call it OBC or simply credit doesn't matter.  The effect is exactly the same.  

12 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

At the end of the day, it's really all the same.  Everyone is really saying the same thing, but it's a word choice that seems to be causing some confusion.  If you call before your cruise and book an excursion that cost $100, but it isn't until the fourth day of the cruise, you will be charged $100 on the first night of the cruise.  On the fourth night, after you complete the excursion, you will be credited $50 to your account.  Whether you want to call it OBC or simply credit doesn't matter.  The effect is exactly the same.  

Not completely the same.  OBC is different than credit, as it may or may not be refundable and usually OBC can't be used for DSC.  I have always called and reserved my excursions.  They are charged on day 1.  Per my accounting sheet, I was given a direct credit of $50 after each excursion.  As a credit, I would assume that it could be used for anything and money would be returned if I had a credit balance at the end of the cruise.

I can't say if you get OBC when you book online since I've never done it that way.

30 minutes ago, CathieZC said:

What exactly can you use this nonrefundable OBC for? We booked our excursions online & paid in full. Trying to figure just what we can use this for. Already have the free at sea items... 

You can use it against the cost of the shorex that you have booked.  Anything you purchase on board from the shops.  You can ask to get vouchers and give them out as ADDITIONAL tips (not Daily Service Charge) to your crew members.

1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

You can use it against the cost of the shorex that you have booked.  Anything you purchase on board from the shops.  You can ask to get vouchers and give them out as ADDITIONAL tips (not Daily Service Charge) to your crew members.

I cash it out last night from slot machines 

• Thanks 1