Seaweed wrap in spa

We are on allure ots and original itinerary was to go to honduras.  That was removed due to technical issues with the allure so we are now going to nassau.  I am not a fan of nassau so I am thinking of staying onboard and take advantage of port day discount at spa and do the seaweed wrap treatment.

Has anyone done this?  Did you enjoy?  Is it worth it?

I have done it several times.  It is pretty pricey, but for me its a treat that I only do when cruising.  I have yet to have a bad experience.  I just relax, fall asleep and wake up happy.  For me its an experience I don't get at home.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are on allure ots and original itinerary was to go to honduras.  That was removed due to technical issues with the allure so we are now going to nassau.  I am not a fan of nassau so I am thinking of staying onboard and take advantage of port day discount at spa and do the seaweed wrap treatment.

For me, yes, it was great!

5 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Was that for the 50 or 75 minute?

75 with a massage thrown in.

Wait till you get on board. They usually have embarkation specials on day 1. If you do it on the first day, they usually will give you some extra time or a massage or something.

• Like 1

Sounds great. I will schedule to have done the day we are in port at nassau and use the port day discount.

I learned to never book spa treatments online as they wont apply other discounts if you book on cruise planner

Edited by Sunshine3601
Typo

23 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

nope not worth it.   one its seriously over priced to begin with and two, does absolutely nothing.   back when I was foolish and a cruise noob, I did this  treatment every time.   finally said enough  after the third or fourth   sales pitch of  $800 worth of products they said I HAD to have  because you don't see any benefit  until you have done this detox bath soak thing  4 or 5 times.  

the $99 port day special where you choose 3 20 minute  mini  sessions out of a list is the only decent value.  

I've done it.  Once...... 

Granted, my skin felt amazing afterwards.  However!  If you can't stand being confined or swaddled, this isnt for you.

You get the seaweed slathered on you and then they wrap a heavy kind of blanket thing that helps you sweat out a small lake. 

I felt like a giant baked potato.  But again, my skin felt amazing afterwards.

I've done many spa treatments and do like the seaweed wrap but I'm not one to lay still very well. I'd prefer the hot stones massage or the body scrubs. Will no longer do Swedish or deep tissue massages as the last one I did on a cruise had me achy for days. But what I really enjoy is getting a sampling of 3 options that they do for either $99 or $119 only one day on the cruise - usually a port day or the last day to bring in more revenue.