Identification for boarding

garyh9900

IMG_0699.thumb.JPG.503bdc08eaee085f0bf2f6cb244b8c8b.JPG

5 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

We watched the Ecstasy sail away from Charleston a couple of summers ago. We had several great trips aboard that ship and some of the other Fantasy class. I call the balconies they added on Lego cabins.

Our favorite thing is the round theater seats in the show lounge. Our group would stalk one out early and play cards until the show.

Ecstasy Deck.jpg

P7031105.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

Edited by BallFour4

7 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

IMG_0699.thumb.JPG.503bdc08eaee085f0bf2f6cb244b8c8b.JPG

We watched the Ecstasy sail away from Charleston a couple of summers ago. We had several great trips aboard that ship and some of the other Fantasy class. I call the balconies they added on Lego cabins.

Our favorite thing is the round theater seats in the show lounge. Our group would stalk one out early and play cards until the show.

Ecstasy Deck.jpg

P7031105.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

awesome pictures. What kind of camera did you use to take them?

23 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

awesome pictures. What kind of camera did you use to take them?

Much of these are from an Olympus. One of the first generation mirrorless. I get a little carried away editing with saturation and shadows. MacBooks and teleconferences give me time to edit.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, Elaine5715 said:

School ID must be from public school, not private  BUT you need nothing other than a passport to cruise.  The other photo id is advisable to carry off the ship.

I was wondering about the school thing. I wonder how they determine if it’s public or private. There’s a private school near where I used to live called Washington High. 

On 10/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Irrelevant to someone attempting to return to the US who departed without a passport.

I can’t figure out how you keep missing the Western Hemisphere part of the issue. If you’re doing closed loop that sails from CA to China or something then you might have more hassle but not from your typical cruise that leaves the US. I know some folks who had to leave in Cozumel for a medical emergency at home. They didn’t have passports. They were done at the embassy and on their way to the airport within 2 hours.

8 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

I was wondering about the school thing. I wonder how they determine if it’s public or private. There’s a private school near where I used to live called Washington High. 

I can’t figure out how you keep missing the Western Hemisphere part of the issue. If you’re doing closed loop that sails from CA to China or something then you might have more hassle but not from your typical cruise that leaves the US. I know some folks who had to leave in Cozumel for a medical emergency at home. They didn’t have passports. They were done at the embassy and on their way to the airport within 2 hours.

she won’t believe you. 

3 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Much of these are from an Olympus. One of the first generation mirrorless. I get a little carried away editing with saturation and shadows. MacBooks and teleconferences give me time to edit.

I am very impressed and it takes a lot to impress me. Lol great job

On 10/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, Elaine5715 said:

At least once a cruise, someone gets left behind not just pier runners but those who are trying to save a buck and go off on their own.  

"Good health" do you get a physical before leaving so you can be assured nothing will rear up while in vacation?  Do you encase everyone in bubble wrap in case of a fall?   

I also have house and car insurance that I don't plan on using.

link please? Love to know where you ascertained this info.

50 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

she won’t believe you. 

I don't get why some fight so hard on this.  The State Department and CBP know the regulations, they created them.  If they get a cruise ship passenger who needs to fly home the process is pretty straightforward, their own regulations is what allowed them to leave the country only on a BC.  The trip and departure is easily verifiable.  That scenario is totally different that someone just popping up at an US Embassy in Africa looking to fly to the US with no passport.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

And they likely spent a little bit of time at secondary inspection when they landed in the US to verify everything.