Email for Dining Room services?

kelmac

Good Evening HAL cruisers,

I tried to send a request to Holland America's dining room services and the old email I have didn't work.  Does anyone have a new email?

We want to request a table for two in the MDR.  We are Three Star Mariners and have always been able to request our table choice using an email or by calling a special phone number, but my old info does not seem to work.

Thanks for the help,

Kel😁

We always make this request through our PCC at booking.   If you have a PCC, I would contact  them or if you booked thru a TA, they should be able to make the request for you.  

The number for ship services is 1-800 541-1576.   They should be able to assist you.  

You may want to check directly with HAL: we were shown as having a table for two,  early sitting, but our boarding passes showed something different. When I called HAL, the agent's response was "this is the wrong code",and fixed it.

Good luck! 

Ours did, too, and our confirmation from them showed such, but it was wrong, and HAL had to fix it. Perhaps most importantly, we didn't know until the boarding passes arrived, so it was late in the game. We got our table, but it was on the lower deck of the MDR,so was much noisier (but the servers were stellar! ).

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We have always had our TA request time and a certain table.

We do the same thing thru our great PCC .. We simply look at the dining room diagram and pick a table and submit our requested table location and voila it's ours!

Joseph

13 minutes ago, kwb101 said:

Ours did, too, and our confirmation from them showed such, but it was wrong, and HAL had to fix it. Perhaps most importantly, we didn't know until the boarding passes arrived, so it was late in the game. We got our table, but it was on the lower deck of the MDR,so was much noisier (but the servers were stellar! ).

Thanks kwb, KK, and GiGi.

We have six BtoB cruise coming up next week (all on different lines) and I have emails for all of them except HAL.  I got confirmations back from everyone (except Open Seating lines), showing table numbers and locations.  I guess I will call the number GiGi provided and see how it goes.  First world problem of course.

Thanks again,

Kel😁

7 hours ago, rucrazy said:

We do the same thing thru our great PCC .. We simply look at the dining room diagram and pick a table and submit our requested table location and voila it's ours!

Joseph

Yep, same experience.  PCC takes care of everything and sends us a written confirmation of table # and dining assignment, usually early fixed, which we enjoy.

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

I have seen  those but was wondering if those were the 'official' numbering.

Now, next question:  What's the email address for requesting a specific table? For Zweiderdam.

They were provided by a HAL employee a few years ago. Many people have requested specific tables based on the numbers they provide and have gotten the location desired. So they seem to be accurate.

Just now, sevenseasnomad said:

Except for Nieuw Statendam, which isn't there for some reason, and its layout is completely different from Koningsdam.

Nieuw Statendam isn't there because no one has been able to get it yet. I have friends that just left NSDM and asked for it and were given several excuses. When it is available it will be added.

Just now, richwmn said:

Nieuw Statendam isn't there because no one has been able to get it yet. I have friends that just left NSDM and asked for it and were given several excuses. When it is available it will be added.

I have it in email form from my PCC; however, I cannot load it to other sites, as I've tried.  The quality is also poor, but it's better than nothing and saved us from being seated at a table without any windows nearby.  

43 minutes ago, richwmn said:

They were provided by a HAL employee a few years ago. Many people have requested specific tables based on the numbers they provide and have gotten the location desired. So they seem to be accurate.

Is there an email or phone number to call?

My TA says she can't request specific tables.  She's really very good and I love her 10% discount.

I have it in email form from my PCC; however, I cannot load it to other sites, as I've tried.  The quality is also poor, but it's better than nothing and saved us from being seated at a table without any windows nearby.  

if you could forward it to my screen name at gmail I will see if I can clean it up and get it posted

• Like 1

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Is there an email or phone number to call?Tmployee a few years ago. Many people have requested specific tables based on the numbers they provide and hah

My TA says she can't request specific tables.  She's really very good and I love her 10% discount.

call ships services and they might be able to help (800) 541-1576, although your TA should be able to do it. They might not want to spend the time since they are giving up most of their pay

7 minutes ago, richwmn said:

if you could forward it to my screen name at gmail I will see if I can clean it up and get it posted

Okay.  Glad to do it; however, I've got to look back through a year's worth of emails!  It may take a while because each time I open an email that isn't on the opening page, it slings me back to the most recent page, forcing me to scroll through all those emails again.  

First step, call Ship's Services and request the name and e-mail address of the Ship Coordinator for the Zuiderdam.

Next, go onto Hal Facts dot com and download the PDF for the dining room layout for the MDR. of Zuiderdam.   The table layout shows the accurate table numbers.

We always make a list of about 10 tables that would work for us.   We send that list of table numbers and our booking number to the Ship Coordinator, and we always get one of our top selections.

We do this process about 5 or 6 months out from the cruise.  And this is for FIXED TIME dining, not Anytime.   For Anytime dining, I think you must do this when you board.   Make sure you specify your dining time, either early (5:30 or 5:45) or late / main seating at 8:00 or 8:15.   I do not think this will work for selecting a table for anytime (As You Wish) dining, but give it a try.

Okay.  Glad to do it; however, I've got to look back through a year's worth of emails!  It may take a while because each time I open an email that isn't on the opening page, it slings me back to the most recent page, forcing me to scroll through all those emails again.  

Thanks, it is at least as good as the rest and should be added shortly.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Thanks, it is at least as good as the rest and should be added shortly.

Thanks Everyone!

This website halfactsdotcom is excellent.  Tomorrow I will call ship services and make my request.  I've always made these requests myself and not burden my TA.  They are a high volume, non-hand holding agency that gets me the best price and wonderful booking services, but they are up front that they aren't a full service agency.  Just the way I like it.

Enjoy,

Kel😁

2 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

First step, call Ship's Services and request the name and e-mail address of the Ship Coordinator for the Zuiderdam.

Next, go onto Hal Facts dot com and download the PDF for the dining room layout for the MDR. of Zuiderdam.   The table layout shows the accurate table numbers.

We always make a list of about 10 tables that would work for us.   We send that list of table numbers and our booking number to the Ship Coordinator, and we always get one of our top selections.

We do this process about 5 or 6 months out from the cruise.  And this is for FIXED TIME dining, not Anytime.   For Anytime dining, I think you must do this when you board.   Make sure you specify your dining time, either early (5:30 or 5:45) or late / main seating at 8:00 or 8:15.   I do not think this will work for selecting a table for anytime (As You Wish) dining, but give it a try.

Excellent info TAD!  I think I will give this a try!