chogs 10/12

kibutzer

Unfortunately chair hog culture has invaded O. At 6am people saving chairs by 8 am non left in shade around pool.

Although they will remove items, few ask. Saw high rollers come out with bag and only use chair for one hour out of entire sea day.  SAD

.. about 50% new passengers. Someone showed up in terrace cafe flip flops, bathing suit bottom,muscle shirt, beach towel for dinner.  Spouse had bandeau bathing suit top and shorts, both asked to please take their beach towels to room and put on shirts with sleeves. Heard them grumble but they returned later in appropriate clothing.  Thanked head waiter for their actions.

• Like 1

Whilst on Sirena easlier this year I witnessed somebody hogging two chairs, one in the sun and one in the shade.  We prefer to use the chairs on deck 11 as we do not use the pool, but due to the wind the upper deck had been closed off. We fortunately mangaged to get two chairs in the sun by the pool but I noticed that the chair next to my husband remained vacant all morning apart from a laptop and ball cap!  After lunch the couple who had occupied the two chairs in the shade behind  us returned. The wife continued to sit in the shade but the gentleman proceed to occupy the bed next to my husband, having put on his ball cap and opened his laptop.  Mean while the bed in the shade next to the wife remained reserved with a bag. 

3 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

After lunch the couple who had occupied the two chairs in the shade behind  us returned. The wife continued to sit in the shade but the gentleman proceed to occupy the bed next to my husband, having put on his ball cap and opened his laptop.  Mean while the bed in the shade next to the wife remained reserved with a bag. 

The very definition of a chog - aka selfish, inconsiderate pig (why be nice to this person  - pig being a more accurate description of a person like that than a hog)

• Like 1

We are on the Insignia at the moment.

We have been able to get chairs in the shade at 8.30 every day. Have not seen many chogs

Please explain who high rollers are ....we  met many delightful people.

It was a much older demographic than our  many previous Oceania cruises.

Should not have to be out by 8:30 to get a chair in the shade. Most "reserved" chairs sat empty most  the sea days. Poor pool staff got chewed out by someone when he was doing his job.

As to dress code unfortunate that some think bathing shorts, rubber flip flops and muscle shirt for men are appropriate for tea etc.  Many women in beach cover ups and flip flops. Oh well.

13 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

We just embarked the Insignia yesterday and chogs were in evidence.  It wasn't as blatant as I've see on the mainstream lines but they were crawling about early in the morning nonetheless.

How did you enjoy the cruise and the ship ricka47 because we are doing our first Oceania cruise on the Insignia next Wednesday and you appear to have had a similar cruising history to me.

38 minutes ago, Darspurs said:

How did you enjoy the cruise and the ship ricka47 because we are doing our first Oceania cruise on the Insignia next Wednesday and you appear to have had a similar cruising history to me.

It was our first and we now have a new favorite cruise line!  To me, it was civilized yet comfortable.  I'll start a thread with a few more details.

Edited by ricka47

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, kibutzer said:

Unfortunately chair hog culture has invaded O. At 6am people saving chairs by 8 am non left in shade around pool.

Although they will remove items, few ask. Saw high rollers come out with bag and only use chair for one hour out of entire sea day.  SAD

.. about 50% new passengers. Someone showed up in terrace cafe flip flops, bathing suit bottom,muscle shirt, beach towel for dinner.  Spouse had bandeau bathing suit top and shorts, both asked to please take their beach towels to room and put on shirts with sleeves. Heard them grumble but they returned later in appropriate clothing.  Thanked head waiter for their actions.

Never had the problem on the Riviera. Staff moved stuff off chairs on a regular basis & left notes as to where it can be retrieved. As to the slob..Glad the staff has some fortitude even in the Terrace. Trashy pax can stay on the budget lines, thank you.

• Like 3