Visa Requirements For Vietnam

jeremybe

Getting some mixed information from Celebrity re:Vietnam Visas - Travel agent states we need to obtain a visa before leaving the US, Celebrity email says they will sell/provide them on ship, Captains Club says that we should get one in advance due to issues with Vietnam immigration.

Thoughts? Experience???

Been to Vietnam like 10 times, 2 on ship, others land.

Both times on ship the cruise line secured the Visa.  Small charge on account.  Your email verifies that.

On land, did VOA (Visa On Arrival) handled by the Hotel Group we deal with.  VOA only good at airports, not cruise ports.  That is the one you can get in advance.

A summary here.

39 minutes ago, jeremybe said:

Getting some mixed information from Celebrity re:Vietnam Visas - Travel agent states we need to obtain a visa before leaving the US, Celebrity email says they will sell/provide them on ship, Captains Club says that we should get one in advance due to issues with Vietnam immigration.

Thoughts? Experience???

Until 30 June 2021, ‘British Citizen’ passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for up to a maximum of 15 days (inclusive of dates of entry and exit) without a visa.

1 hour ago, govanguy said:

Until 30 June 2021, ‘British Citizen’ passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for up to a maximum of 15 days (inclusive of dates of entry and exit) without a visa.

As long as multiple stops along the coast are treated as one entry at the first port and one departure at the last port then that is fine.

I believe that is how it should be treated, but I can't find a definitive statement that this is the case.

Also of course there is the small matter of Celebrity actually knowing this not not just charging everyone the visa fee regardless...

When in doubt, my advice is always to check with the embassy or consular offices of the country you will be visiting to see what their requirements are and to make sure that there have been no recent changes.

As you have an email from Celebrity saying that you can acquire the visa onboard, have you asked your TA and Captains Club why they are providing contradictory information?

1 hour ago, govanguy said:

It is not just British passport holders but also German, French, Italian and Spanish. Vietnam also has similar agreement with other groups of countries.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help the OP who it looks like has US Passport.

25 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

It is not just British passport holders but also German, French, Italian and Spanish. Vietnam also has similar agreement with other groups of countries.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help the OP who it looks like has US Passport.

I bow to your superior knowledge. 

I was aware that the OP held a US passport but I realised by the heading of the post that others , particularly in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland , may wish to read the post for information and that my posting would be of assistance to those British Citizens of The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

I had asked a similar question awhile ago, and "evestrauss" [from US] (I didn't know how to provide just her post...) from this forum was kind enough to provide this letter --

"Here's the content of the letter I received for my December Millennium cruise:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Celebrity Millennium® for your 14-Night Southeast Asia Holiday sailing departing from Hong Kong on December 07th, 2019.  Before you embark on this exciting journey, we would like to share some important information.

Each country on your sailing will have unique immigration requirements. Please be sure to contact the embassy or consular visa services of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms, and fees as these differ by nationality.  It is the responsibility of each guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents for the entire cruise vacation.  Please note that guests who do not provide the proper documentation at check-in may be denied boarding.

Image did not load.

For your convenience, we will collect all guest passports after departure immigration clearance in Hong Kong, in order to complete the immigration formalities on your behalf in each port of call. Your passport will be held in a safe location at Guest Relations on board and will be returned to you when all procedures are complete.

Again, we look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Millennium® for a truly incredible vacation. See you soon.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises "

36 minutes ago, govanguy said:

I was aware that the OP held a US passport but I realised by the heading of the post that others , particularly in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland , may wish to read the post for information and that my posting would be of assistance to those British Citizens of The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

Indeed, it was a helpful comment for that very reason.

The OP should be fine with the VOA provided onboard the ship as indicated in the letter above.

• Like 1

We are on the Celebrity Singapore to Hong Kong cruise Feb 29, 2020.  Celebrity insists in multiple conversations by email and phone that they cannot guarantee they will provide us with Visa or Landing Card for entry to Vietnam and we should apply for a Visa before we go.  Everyone else, including this Board, our guides, others who have taken this cruise, tell us that they will. Who do I believe?

This is the information we found in our stateroom on our previous cruise to Vietnam with Celebrity. Despite the fact that the same inconsistent information was given before. The price is not the same anymore. However, recent passengers have reported that it is still handled the same way.

Of course, if in doubt handle the visa issue prior to the cruise...

C915D7E8-C535-4192-9F4F-FD0DAAE305A4.thumb.jpeg.80ed6123ce2ef64d9aa38d714b71e0f2.jpeg