Passport dilema ...What would you do?

hpeabody

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am going against the trend here and suggesting that five blank pages would be enough. It is only a couple of the countries you will be visiting that require a full page, but most countries either put a stamp on a page where there is a tiny bit of space or do not even stamp the passport.

I'm not sure how many countries OP will be visiting on a World Cruise, but, if it were me, I'd not want to risk not having enough blank pages.

My experience with passport stamps is that the person stamping it will open it to the first empty page and stamp there.  

9 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I am booked on the World Cruise 2020.   I have discovered that I do not have a plethora of blank pages, maybe 5 (which some countries require a full blank page) remaining in my passport which is not due to expire until 2024.  They NO LONGER add pages to passports.  I could forfeit the remaining years and request a passport renewal .... BUT, I have another 1 week closed loop Caribbean cruise on Dec 1st.  I have checked with cruise line and I can get by with real id and original birth certificate. So, I could send in the passport renewal request ASAP and get it back in plenty of time for the World Cruise.  I suspect the stamping requirements might be a little looser being on a ship, than arriving by air.  Am I being overly concerned?  Would you send in the passport renewal request?

Get a new passport. World Cruise is too expensive to stuff around on for sake of renewing a passport. 

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

This is the culprit, Woodley, a Wheaten Terrier

He was on his way to audition for the all dog production of "Fiddler on the Woof".

IMG_4581.JPG.8db7e9857dbdce04b2ee1a329cfee911.JPG

Our Maggie (a Wheaten) would never chew a passport. Would you Maggie??

E5548DB7-32CA-45CC-ACBC-63B53590CF9D.jpeg

Edited by geomapper
I can’t spell
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Thank You.  I realized my dilema as I was doing visa research.  According to my research and confirmed with special travel dept at Princess it seems I need to get ETAs for NZ, OZ and Sri Lanka on line and Tanzania, Madagascar and Maldives are done on board.   Brazil no longer requires a visa for US (though I have mine, which I got the hard way before the recent on-line version)

I am puzzled why you feel you need more than five blank pages. If you had only one or two pages left, I would suggest you need a new passport, but five pages is much more than you will need. Nowadays, many countries do not stamp passports.

The turnaround time for Passport renewal is super fast right now. If you are anywhere near Palos Verdes, I suggest making an appointment at one of their libraries.  They do the pictures right there, they are kind and friendly, very efficient and there are places to sit while you wait. The money from the pictures goes directly to the library. Once you make the appointment they confirm and update via text or email. I have had a passport my entire life and in over 50 years this was by far the best experience ever.