What alcohol is available from room service?

reeinaz

I could be wrong here but I don't think there is alcohol available through Room Service. I don't recall seeing the option on the menu during my last cruise and I haven't heard of it as an option. There may be Room Service menus available to view with a search on Yahoo or Google or during a YT video- you could look there if no one is able to confirm the matter. 

Edited by Jasonsterling

Following. Someone told me on another thread that there are more options of liquor available via room service than from the Fun Shops. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING current online. So hopefully someone can educate us!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasonsterling said:

Hi AmyJ23, 

I was just going to follow up post that reading the boards I saw a couple of people state that you can buy the same selections from room service as is available for pre-purchase. Which makes some sense, assuming they haven't sold out.

That does make sense. LOL. Luckily it's not my problem, I drink beer. But my friend is a professional Irish car bomb drinker and she's using a rum runner for her Jameson's, but was going to buy a bottle of Bailey's ahead of time. BUT, Bailey's, nor the equivalent are available in the Fun Shop. I guess she's going to have to figure it out once we board! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, amyj23 said:

.....she's using a rum runner for her Jameson's, but was going to buy a bottle of Bailey's ahead of time......

I have to wonder how long before Carnival figures out how to stop that.  Not that I'm clean as a whistle in this matter, but anymore I just bite the bullet and pre-order.  

40 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I have to wonder how long before Carnival figures out how to stop that.  Not that I'm clean as a whistle in this matter, but anymore I just bite the bullet and pre-order.  

Short of going through every liquid in a suitcase, I don’t think they ever will. I mean, the run runners she has are shampoo and sunscreen looking bottles. Security would become a nightmare if they had to go through everything. Since an Irish car bomb is two liquors and a beer, I can’t imagine how much that would cost. Lol

The typical "rum runners" - little plastic bag with a nozzle - are getting confiscated left and right.

We are on vacation - I want my sissy la-la-fu-fu drink with a sugar straw handed to me as I sit by the pool slathered in sunscreen.  I can make drinks for myself at home.  Its in the budget, and we've been saving to support our "at sea bar tab" LMAO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I've looked at the bottles available to pre order for my room from the fun shop. Is the selection available from room service the same?

Thanks

In addition to food items, (beverages from the bar) may be ordered through room service including beer, liquor and wine by the bottle (which is limited to two bottles per day and must be consumed in your stateroom).

Info & additional information located @:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/24-hour-room-service

🍷 🍹 🍺

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

In addition to food items, (beverages from the bar) may be ordered through room service including beer, liquor and wine by the bottle (which is limited to two bottles per day and must be consumed in your stateroom).

Info & additional information located @:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/24-hour-room-service

🍷 🍹 🍺

So does this mean I can purchase a bottle of any liquor being served onboard? 

Room service is different than pre-order in room beverages.  Ginger beer was not on the list for pre-order but we were able to order through room service.  Standard bar prices apply, so pre-order is generally going to be a better deal if available.

(Our ginger beer was a one-off with a meal, not a large package.)

yes, along with the Coke and Sprite products that can be pre-ordered if someone doesn't want to bring their own

I was pointing out that room service availability may be different than pre-order in-room beverage availability.  It stands to reason that if a soft drink can be ordered from room service that isn't available for pre-purchase, the same might be true for alcohols.