LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

However, checked my dinner reservation for tonight as we are supposed to dine at 150 Central Park. The app is telling me they are not open. 

78552D8D-654B-4AA4-B369-CE72FF0F917F.thumb.jpeg.ac1315625900817d883e0db78f678e25.jpeg

Okay. We are supposed to have a dining reservation at 6:30pm. This might not be good. ☹️

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Noticed your door sign this morning 

I do 3 laps around deck 9 in the morning 

Right at 2000 steps

That’s way more motivation than I have in the morning. I’m impressed. 

• Haha 1

So, went back and forth with guest services about my dinner reservation tonight. Evidently, someone booked tables at 150 CP for their own event. Problem is, we have a dinner reservation at 6:30 tonight and since it is formal night (and the special “gold” event) there is zero chance of getting in anywhere else. 

Carmen Molino is actually the International Ambassador. She got on the phone and totally raised some he!! with the 150 CP Restaurant Manager and as of now we definitely have a reservation tonight. I took my bottle of champagne down to the restaurant and he is going to have it chilled and waiting for us. 

We will see. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Finally got up to Deck 12 to the “secret” bridge viewing location. 

You aim your phone at this piece of artwork on Deck 12 Forward. 

90959FCC-DE1F-4B7D-9F73-C366E4B0876B.thumb.jpeg.34b4b025ead1065e5c01f8620e26cff5.jpeg

Open the Royal app and click this icon while pointing your phone toward the picture on the wall. 

5CA76B18-9B27-4774-8E8A-EC25FACC5508.thumb.jpeg.5c974229083e1be24a1c161857995a9b.jpeg

If all goes according to plan, you will be able to see through the walls (wow!) all the way to the bridge. 😳

914FDEAF-0F57-4BDC-B050-EE30F375202D.thumb.png.9083e7a2cd1826ba3630492b384cdc46.png

Is this supposed to show the bridge in real-time? Because we watched for a little while and apparently we’re on auto-pilot. Or all the important bridge-y stuff happens on the side. 🤨

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Finally got up to Deck 12 to the “secret” bridge viewing location. 

You aim your phone at this piece of artwork on Deck 12 Forward. 

Open the Royal app and click this icon while pointing your phone toward the picture on the wall. 

If all goes according to plan, you will be able to see through the walls (wow!) all the way to the bridge. 😳

Is this supposed to show the bridge in real-time? Because we watched for a little while and apparently we’re on auto-pilot. Or all the important bridge-y stuff happens on the side. 🤨

Real time or not, this is pretty cool.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll be trying this for sure.

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

So, went back and forth with guest services about my dinner reservation tonight. Evidently, someone booked tables at 150 CP for their own event. Problem is, we have a dinner reservation at 6:30 tonight and since it is formal night (and the special “gold” event) there is zero chance of getting in anywhere else. 

Carmen Molino is actually the International Ambassador. She got on the phone and totally raised some he!! with the 150 CP Restaurant Manager and as of now we definitely have a reservation tonight. I took my bottle of champagne down to the restaurant and he is going to have it chilled and waiting for us. 

We will see. 🤞🤞🤞

Hope it all works out.  Amazing that this would happen on this of all cruises.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Real time or not, this is pretty cool.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll be trying this for sure.

Hope it all works out.  Amazing that this would happen on this of all cruises.

I liked it too. And Mark thinks all the interactive stuff is neat. Of course, we are pretty easily amused. 

And as far as tonight goes, not gonna lie. I’m kinda hoping it’s super-duper, big-wiggy Royal Caribbean peeps having something special going on so that we can be party crashers. 

Or maybe some super-rich oil baron who will look on us peasants with disdain.

I may have given this more thought than it deserves. 😂

• Haha 1

Had to get a Celebrating 50 Years shirt. They have them in navy blue too, which I also liked, but the practical side of me which lives in the Florida sunshine likes to wear the lighter colors most days. 

458F11B1-0D00-4C6A-AA48-5E0FD3E0D466.thumb.jpeg.a95bb6d7d76a1c9612c3cc1194278d66.jpeg

5E2ED2E3-FEDA-4C27-A4C2-CC49A093E0AA.thumb.jpeg.0f91993fb8e15dfe226142b13be7b1c4.jpeg

0082A771-414E-41CA-8793-13CA0AAE63F7.thumb.jpeg.d6491e30cd7c4af9bac525a874c03db1.jpeg

• Like 1

That main dining room lunch looks terrific. I think pinnacle lunch was today, but  those that went to the main dining room may have won out. 

And, cool T-shirt. Didn’t realize you were from Florida. No wonder you didn’t understand about the handle on the stadium blanket😄
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

18 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Had to get a Celebrating 50 Years shirt. They have them in navy blue too, which I also liked, but the practical side of me which lives in the Florida sunshine likes to wear the lighter colors most days. 

458F11B1-0D00-4C6A-AA48-5E0FD3E0D466.thumb.jpeg.a95bb6d7d76a1c9612c3cc1194278d66.jpeg

5E2ED2E3-FEDA-4C27-A4C2-CC49A093E0AA.thumb.jpeg.0f91993fb8e15dfe226142b13be7b1c4.jpeg

0082A771-414E-41CA-8793-13CA0AAE63F7.thumb.jpeg.d6491e30cd7c4af9bac525a874c03db1.jpeg

We love Orlando Florida.

Been there 30 times and coming back next October.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That main dining room lunch looks terrific. I think pinnacle lunch was today, but  those that went to the main dining room may have won out. 
m

I don’t know what the Pinnacle lunch was (although it usually seems quite nice), but they didn’t even advertise that they were having the extra special items on the MDR buffet today. Everyone who showed up was pleasantly surprised! 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

And, cool T-shirt. Didn’t realize you were from Florida. No wonder you didn’t understand about the handle on the stadium blanket😄
m

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We love Orlando Florida.

Been there 30 times and coming back next October.

Yep, one of the few people who live in FL who was actually born in Florida. 

And, I have a love/hate relationship with Florida most of the time. 😂

I mean, c’mon, have you SEEN our headlines?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, aring75 said:

Yep, one of the few people who live in FL who was actually born in Florida. 

And, I have a love/hate relationship with Florida most of the time. 😂

I mean, c’mon, have you SEEN our headlines?

We have done Disney many times and Disney Springs has changed enormously.

Shopping and food are fantastic in Florida too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We have done Disney many times and Disney Springs has changed enormously.

Shopping and food are fantastic in Florida too.

About 18 years ago, we bought Disney timeshare points. We take friends and family several times a year. 

They are priced insanely high now, but I don’t regret making that purchase one bit. We have adult grandchildren who still talk about their childhood trips to Disney. It was wonderful to be a part of that. 🥰

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aring75 said:

About 18 years ago, we bought Disney timeshare points. We take friends and family several times a year. 

They are priced insanely high now, but I don’t regret making that purchase one bit. We have adult grandchildren who still talk about their childhood trips to Disney. It was wonderful to be a part of that. 🥰

We have lots of photos of Pauline with Disney characters.

IMG_20190119_194110.jpg

• Like 3