Jump to content

Carnival Shareholder Benefit


Recommended Posts

Can anyone who has Carnival Shares tell me what you supplied to get the OBC? I bought my required shares via an online brokerage company (Stake) a few weeks ago and need to supply documentation to Costa and Carnival for upcoming cruises. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Phill.Hurst said:

Can anyone who has Carnival Shares tell me what you supplied to get the OBC? I bought my required shares via an online brokerage company (Stake) a few weeks ago and need to supply documentation to Costa and Carnival for upcoming cruises. 

 

 

They need up to date proof (3 months) of ownership  so if you bought on line you should log onb to your site and download or print and scan a copy of your account (block out your number but you need your full name  Then send it attached to an e mail or a fax with the cruise details and date to the local head off of each company  I do not know if Costa accepts e mails as Princess does not so you may have to ask

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Princess passengers have to fax or send the request by normal post. I don't know about Costa.

 

For interest, P&O accept requests for the shareholder benefit by emails to  shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.

 

For me, the issuing of the OBC has not been straight-forward. Following the instructions on the Carnival website, on 18th September I sent a fax to both Princess and P&O requesting the shareholder benefit and attaching proof of my ownership of Carnival shares. Our first P&O cruise came and went without the OBC. 😢

 

When my shareholder benefits were not showing on for our other booked cruises, I phoned Princess and P&O on 11th October and was advised (by both) that my shareholders' credit had not been issued against our future bookings. Gee ..... I could see that! In both cases, I was asked to email which I did. P&O replied that the OBC would be issued and it was within a couple of hours.

 

An email from Princess on 19th October advised that I would receive notification of my shareholder benefit on my cruise confirmation. Nothing happened. I phoned again on 25th October and was told that they had a lot of shareholder benefit requests and that they were "working through them". I was told that if our cruise was within the next week or so, they would do it. I was also told that if it got to within a week or two of our cruise and the shareholder benefit hadn't been applied, I should phone them again. I am monitoring our Cruise Personalizer a couple of times a day, but so far, nothing shows up. I won't wait until a week or two prior to the cruise to phone again. 😊

 

PS. The Carnival website shows a contact for Costa. You should send a fax to

Manager of Reservations, Costa Cruises, 39 0 10 999 7019

 

You have to supply your full name, booking number, name of ship, date of sailing, and your telephone number and email address. Attach proof of ownership of the shares.

Edited by Aus Traveller
Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have had major hassles applying for this lately, thanks for the heads Aus Traveller  in regards to emailing P&O.

I applied for 4 future Princess cruises a month ago via fax as they said they wont accept emails ( if anyone needs a free online fax try hellofax) couldnt see anything online so after numerous calls, got a phone call from a Princess rep to say they had applied it to three but the other was to far in advance, I thought they had done away with the "' will only be applied 3 months before" I have read that Princess cruisers in the US have had the OBC applied months and years in advance.

 

Applied for a Carnival cruise, sent through fax, no reply , and with Carnival nothing shows up in the booking like Princess, ended up calling the online agent I had booked with, they applied for it and sent me an email a week later to state that Carnival had applied the OBC, printed that email to take with us.

 

Faxed another for a P&O cruise, no reply and nothing showing in the 'Cruise Control", does it show there? havent cruised P&O in years! Got onto the online agent I booked with and she said email the details through to them and they will forward it, who knows how that will go! Might email P&O as well.

 

Used to be so easy when we could just email Princess, then they changed the rules again for us in OZ.

 

Edited by cheznandy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Email P&O. I was very pleasantly surprised how quickly my OBC was applied. I sent the email on a Friday evening and the OBC was in my account when I checked it around 10am the following Monday - within a couple of hours of business hours.

 

BTW, the P&O cruise has to be within the next 90 days for the shareholders OBC to be applied. We have one cruise booked that was just beyond that time limit and they nicely asked me to email again the next week.

 

From what I have read on the forum, Princess USA also doesn't accept emailed requests for the shareholder's benefit.

 

How far ahead is the Princess cruise that they said was "too far"?

Edited by Aus Traveller
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

How far ahead is the Princess cruise that they said was "too far"?

Next October😲 but I thought I would throw it in there as I had read they had changed those timing rules. Not a problem to fax/email again later as long as i am not chasing it up with more phone calls and emails etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Next October😲 but I thought I would throw it in there as I had read they had changed those timing rules. Not a problem to fax/email again later as long as i am not chasing it up with more phone calls and emails etc

It is interesting to hear that someone else has had delays in getting the benefit applied. 😒

 

Next time I have to apply to Princess, I will send the request by ordinary mail. I sent my original request by fax as I didn't have a lot of lee-way before the first cruise where we were hoping to get the OBC. We haven't used our fax machine for many years so I went to the Post Office and paid $7.00 to send the fax. Next time I will use the post, less bother and only costing $1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my shares through Stake as well and I was hesitant with the level of detail I could get and if it would meet the requirements.  What I did was use the snip tool to screen print the transaction report that showed the purchase of shares.  This report had the date and time on it.  I then paste it into word and used the add shape to circle the transaction (an extra step just to be helpful).  I also then put a shape over the account number and filled it black.

 

I then used the snip tool to have my account details and paste that with a filled in block over my account number.  I then created another page which was the cover sheet with my cruise details on it and pdf'ed the doc and used an online fax service to send to Princess.  I sent it Thursday and on Tuesday I got an email with my cruise docs again.  This was the trigger to check my account and see that the shareholder credit was applied. 

 

I have attached the file so you can see what I sent.  Not sure about Carnival but Princess now will only accept faxes rather than email.  

 

Hope this helps!

Share Proof.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

It is interesting to hear that someone else has had delays in getting the benefit applied. 😒

 

Next time I have to apply to Princess, I will send the request by ordinary mail. I sent my original request by fax as I didn't have a lot of lee-way before the first cruise where we were hoping to get the OBC. We haven't used our fax machine for many years so I went to the Post Office and paid $7.00 to send the fax. Next time I will use the post, less bother and only costing $1.

I posted ours in to Princess a couple of weeks ago for a December cruise and it was applied to our booking within a few days. So far I haven't had any problems since I started posting them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I posted ours in to Princess a couple of weeks ago for a December cruise and it was applied to our booking within a few days. So far I haven't had any problems since I started posting them.

Our cruise is also in December. If the shareholder's  benefit doesn't appear within another week or so, I will send the details again - this time by post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also had trouble with Princess. I posted mine in and after 10 days of nothing showing for 2 cruises I faxed the details in. 
OBC showed up for both cruises the next day, unfortunately I don’t know which method worked. 🤔
I have also tried to have OBC applied to cruises more than 3 months ahead but to no avail, with a few emails back and forth. I did mention that folks in the US were getting it applied to cruises over 12 months away  , but I just got the stock standard reply. 
Never had a problem with P&O , I like that we can still use email. (Was so much easier when Princess did ) 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sweetp12 said:

I bought my shares through Stake as well

 

 

 

21 hours ago, sweetp12 said:

I have attached the file so you can see what I sent.  Not sure about Carnival but Princess now will only accept faxes rather than email.  

 

Hope this helps!

Share Proof.pdfUnavailable

 

This is great info, thanks. Can't see the attachment but think I can follow your instructions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 1:26 PM, Aus Traveller said:

For me, the issuing of the OBC has not been straight-forward. Following the instructions on the Carnival website, on 18th September I sent a fax to both Princess and P&O requesting the shareholder benefit and attaching proof of my ownership of Carnival shares. Our first P&O cruise came and went without the OBC. 😢

 

When my shareholder benefits were not showing on for our other booked cruises, I phoned Princess and P&O on 11th October and was advised (by both) that my shareholders' credit had not been issued against our future bookings. Gee ..... I could see that! In both cases, I was asked to email which I did. P&O replied that the OBC would be issued and it was within a couple of hours.

 

An email from Princess on 19th October advised that I would receive notification of my shareholder benefit on my cruise confirmation. Nothing happened. I phoned again on 25th October and was told that they had a lot of shareholder benefit requests and that they were "working through them". I was told that if our cruise was within the next week or so, they would do it. I was also told that if it got to within a week or two of our cruise and the shareholder benefit hadn't been applied, I should phone them again. I am monitoring our Cruise Personalizer a couple of times a day, but so far, nothing shows up. I won't wait until a week or two prior to the cruise to phone again. 😊

 

An update. By 29th October, the shareholder's OBC still was showing up on my Princess personalizer so I phoned again. The person I spoke to said she would email the Benefit Department.

 

Several days later when the OBC still hadn't shown up, I phoned again. The person I spoke to said she would email the Solutions Department. (I am not naming the people deliberately.)

 

Yesterday, 6th November, I received a phone call from Princess on this matter. I gave the woman the details of my original fax sent on 18th September and the phone number it was sent from. With this information she located it very quickly. She said she would apply the credit to our December cruise, but could not apply it to the next one because the broker's statement would be more than three months old. Luckily I squeaked in on the December cruise by a few days. The Princess rep was very pleasant and apologised for what had happened. She had no explanation on why the OBC hadn't been applied previously.

 

Now I know that I had to get a new statement from my broker to apply for the OBC for each of my up-coming cruises.

 

I could say "All's well that ends well", but I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get a benefit that is due. I was not asking Princess to do anything outside their own rules. At least now that I know the OBC has been applied to our next booked cruise, I won't have to check my Princess personalizer every day to see if it has been applied.🙂

 

I think it is amazing that Carnival requires shareholders to present a new broker's statement every three months. Surely, with a click of a computer button, they could check that the person applying for the OBC is on their list of shareholders. After all, it is their company.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it is amazing that Carnival requires shareholders to present a new broker's statement every three months. Surely, with a click of a computer button, they could check that the person applying for the OBC is on their list of shareholders. After all, it is their company.

Could it have something to do with privacy laws?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I applied by email to P&O yesterday and I was credited today. Much better than the service? from Princess.

That is what I found. I emailed P&O late on a Friday and when I checked on Monday morning, the shareholder's credit had been applied. It took only hours.🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think so. I think it is making another hoop for people to jump through. 😁

Agreed, they are making it harder and harder, they have stopped emails (due to privacy concerns) but want fax or post, how is that any different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MicCanberra said:

Agreed, they are making it harder and harder, they have stopped emails (due to privacy concerns) but want fax or post, how is that any different.

I sent a fax, but when the OBC wasn't applied, I phoned. The rep at Princess asked me to email! The OBC still wasn't applied.

 

If I was concerned about a breach of my privacy, it would be when I sent a fax from my local Post Office. I can't see how there would be privacy concerns when I send an email from my computer directly to Carnival.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for those following along I have had a few issues with getting Costa to apply mine. Finally called Carnival Australia yesterday who gave me an email for Costa Australia (aus_booking@costa.it) . Send details to that email address and within 12hrs OBC applied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phill.Hurst said:

Just for those following along I have had a few issues with getting Costa to apply mine. Finally called Carnival Australia yesterday who gave me an email for Costa Australia (aus_booking@costa.it) . Send details to that email address and within 12hrs OBC applied.

Just goes to show some Carnival brand companies can accept email. Why not Princess?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...