L..Love
O..Overnight Loss
W..Wonderful Feeling
E..Eating Less
E..Enjoy
N..Never Give Up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the chuckle this morning Belle!   I am still yo-yoing ... I'm down 0.6# this morning ... but, its the same every other week.  I can live with it.

I will try to post next Thursday before we leave.  Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

Good morning! Thanks for the inspiring poem Belle! Going to definitely try to eat healthy, eat less and less processed foods for November and see if I meet my next mini-goal!

Meanwhile, I'm back up 2.2... totally expected with the bad week I've had. 

Congrats on your loss Jan!

Hello,

Belle, great poem. I think you leave again soon, have a great time.

I am down 1 lb., that's 7 lbs. since the end of August, happy. We leave on our cruise on Saturday. 3 weeks. Hope I can keep my gain to about 3 lbs. 

Jan, at least you lost something. Have a terrific cruise next week. 

Robin, oops on the gain but it's small, will come off soon. 

Have a good day everyone.

Diana

• Like 1

Belle, love the poem.

Jan, congrats on the loss.  Have a great trip.  Where are you going?

Diana, good loss.  Congratulations.

Robin, sorry about the gain.  I'm sure you will drop that by next week.

I am down the .6 that I gained last week.  Back to goal weight and trying to maintain.

Happy Halloween to all

Rose

• Like 1

A Happy Halloween to all! 

I saw a little more information about the Christian side of the celebration and learned/relearned some things this morning.  This is a 3-day celebration in many Christian denominations: All Souls Eve, All Soul's Day, and All Saints Day.  Time of observance has varied but is likely now Oct 31-Nov 2 because of Celtic Samhain.   What I read (skimmed really, so I probably have it a little wrong) is the first two days are for departed loved ones while the 3rd day is more for Saints/Martyrs.  I like the thought of having a day to recognize those loved ones who influenced my faith and have now departed, so that's what I will focus on today 🙂 

Another thing I read was how "eve" used to be the start of a day (which makes the 3 days portion confusing), so Christmas Eve, NYE, etc are really just the start of the "holiday."  I kind of knew this: "and there was evening and there was morning, the first day", Jewish "days" start at sundown, etc, but living in a world where the day begins when we wake up it's hard to think that way.

I maintained this week, but was expecting a small loss.  Maybe a big loss next week 🙂 

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for the poem.

I'm surprised to see that I am down 0.4 lbs after my 2 week cruise vacation!! I was ill with some nose/throat thingy that caused me to cancel a couple of excursions but it didn't affect my eating. 1st time I ever lost on a cruise!!

I also went out for lunch yesterday where there was 14 casseroles to choose from & various pies.

I don't get it but I'll take it.

Have a good week. No sweets for me tonight, salty snacks are my downfall!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Thanks for the chuckle this morning Belle!   I am still yo-yoing ... I'm down 0.6# this morning ... but, its the same every other week.  I can live with it.

I will try to post next Thursday before we leave.  Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Jan....I am the same...down 0.6 this week and down 0.6 last week. Wish it were more but happy it is a down. 

It it has been awhile since I have checked in,   As of this date last year, I had lost 70+ lbs (over a 2 year period I think).  Then we hit cruise season, holiday season, other travel season....and I gained. I had gained 17 lbs back by August.   So mid-September I decided I had to get back seriously on program! (Since all of my “seasons” start again at Thanksgiving. ) So, I have lost 6 of the 17.  I am still struggling with the food demons but trying to take each meal one at a time! 

Thanks for letting me “be accountable”. 

Belle....always great to see your creative writing! 

• Like 1

Happy Halloween Everyone. Don't know if any of you watch the Talk Shows or Soaps once in awhile.

I like to watch some on Halloween, was nice seeing all the different costumes today

on adults and children. I remember the different dances and parties we went to and what we dressed

up like. It was fun.

Had good news today..Lost 2 lbs. I'll take it .. especially before a cruise! 

Jo..Welcome back, glad you had a lost but sorry you were sick. Bet it was the walking that helped.

Hope you still had a great time and feeling better now.

pacruise..Most of our Holidays were celebrated different at the beginning then change thru the years.

Sorry you expected a loss but least didn't have a gain.

Rose..So happy for you that you can stay around goal each week even if with a small gain or loss each week

Diana..Good loss before your cruise.  Hope you, Jan and me can have no gains on our cruises.

(and to who/whom else is cruising at this time)

Robin..Sorry you had a gain but Nov. 1st is almost here. A new month to start. You'll get it off.

Jan..Glad you had a loss too before your cruise. Aren't you at goal or near it?

Ski..Good to see you again. Nice you've had loss's. Every loss counts. Yes we all fight the :food demons"

that's why we're all here to keep accountable.

Yes I'm cruising for 28 days, leaving Tuesday night. Jan and Diana are cruising too but none

of us on the same ships. Diana leaves 1st, then me and then Jan. Is anyone else leaving on a cruise at this time too?

I will have internet the 1st 14 days but not the last 14 in less I buy. (free on 1st one) Changing ships.

I will try to keep in touch but as you know, could be busy, internet not working ect.  So PLEASE WILL

SOMEONE START the THURSDAY WEIGH-IN'S for the NEXT FIVE WEEKS.  Want it to keep going for

people to post their weights and get help if their having trouble. Thanksgiving coming and beginning of

Dec. when everyone gets ready for the different Holidays they celebrate.   So who ever feels like starting on

Wed. night or Thursday morning..feel free..doesn't have to be the same person each day unless someone

wants to do it every week.

Will keep talking and checking in till I leave I hope. I'm not as good as Jan. Not packed, not everything ready.

Have to make sure suitcase under 50 ibs. Being solo take one suitcase plus carry on..easier especially when flying.

Have to some errands tomorrow, like the bank and buy odds and ends. Get nails done on Mon. I like

packing the last day or two!

Everyone have a good night and weekend.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Hey y'all! Sorry for the late check-in. No change. I have made some changes starting today. We'll see what happens with this week. Friday the 25th through Wednesday the 30 (if I don't run the report in MFP at the end of the day I can only really ever get 6 days worth of data) : 

9984 calories in

8400 calories burned keeping me alive (well at least that's a guess) 

1644 calories burned in the gym.

Maintaining is good I suppose LOL Guess Jan, Rose, PA and I are in the same boat 🙂

Great losses Jo, Diana, Kim and WOW skiiergirl.

Tough to be up but hang in there Robin 🤗

• Like 1

Jenny staying the same is always better than a gain. Hope your new changes go youir way.

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday and today with the "leftover candy day" if you have

candy around.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Can you believe it's November already?

Those pins are getting louder ... hope you are having a good weekend Belle ... I just got back from the gym ... we are having subway for dinner ... it is DH's birthday today, so I did buy a very tiny two person "cake".  I also took all the leftover halloween candy and put it in baggies and tossed it in the freezer!!!!.   Jan

• Like 1

Good Sunday Afternoon if anyone is reading. Just checking in.......I should be working...

leaving Tuesday night!!!

S..Sunny Day For You (I Hope)

U..Use This Day To Reflex (On Everything)
N..Nice Day To Do Want You Want (Give Orders):classic_biggrin:
D..Day To Relax (Tell Them To Cook Or Go Out To Eat)
A..Always Smile (You Smile They Smile)
Y..You Take Time For Yourself (You Deserve It)

Know the above doesn't always work but it should..Try it!

• Like 1

I was down .6# when I weighed on Thursday. Then we had junk all weekend and I was up just over 2 pounds this morning.  DH and I have recommitted ourselves to our goals though - we have made final payment on our next cruise, so the pressure is on now! 😉

Congrats to all the losers and maintainers.

Belle, I hope you have a great trip!

Wow, congrats to all who had great losses last week! That was awesome, there were so many. 

I was very bad all weekend but am on track today. Walked the dog and did a treadmill routine. Meal planning has been done for the week and a shopping list written - now to stick to it! Friday is my daughter's 19th birthday so we will be heading out for dinner. Not sure where she wants to go yet...

Bon Voyage to all those getting ready to set sail!!

• Like 1