Pacific Princess Anytime Dining

xavier

I am currently on a waiting list for both first and second seating on the pacific princess.   A blurb popped up and said if my waitlist didn’t clear I would be assigned anytime dining.  It was my understanding that this ship only had one dining room.  Where do they seat for anytime dining?

I have cruised on the Pacific a number of times, and will be again soon.

The dinnertime options are: the Club Dining Room ( traditional), the buffet, and Sabatini's and the steakhouse (the last two are open on alternating nights). Room service is also available, and probably also the burger grill on the pool deck.

All passengers get assigned to a table number in either early or late seating in the Club Dining room. (However, this MAY not apply to PAX in Club Class mini-suites, as I believe they can show up for dinner  in their special area of the dining room whenever it suits them.)

It's that simple.

Edited by flamomo
  • Like 1

I am just off the Pacific Princess, and I had a fine time, without ever eating in the dining room.    I ate at Sabatini's, Sterling Steakhouse, the buffet, and room service.  It was great!  Oh, I also ate ashore, several times, on this port intensive Italy and Adriatic cruise.

In other words:. Not to worry.  There are options if you are flexible and creative.

🙂🍍🍗🍳🧀🍤🍕🍜🍝🍨🎂🍰🍧🍩🍦🍪🌝

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

How can anyone be on the wait list for both seatings?

Great question.  I suspect there is some kind of misunderstanding or a bug on the website.  Perhaps Princess is double counting the people in CC dining?

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

Totally agree. I haven't taken a meal in the MDR on my last three cruises. However, my new bride hasn't experienced any of this yet and deviations from my norm are in order. It's all good!

Thanks for your good thoughts.  Always good!

• Like 1

CC on the Pacific has no early or late seating.  Just arrive and you will be seated.   Know that many passengers have preferred tables (and while not specifically assigned) will arrive early for a specific table. 

If you arrive CC at a peak hour you may have a table with lots of traffic (CC is in the front of the MDR so everyone walks past) or you may be offered a table with other CC passengers. The Pacific CC has some but not many 2 tops. 

Personal favorite is table #2 a 2 top in the corner. 

Edited by tcdcruiser
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

In other words:. Not to worry.  There are options if you are flexible and creative.

🙂🍍🍗🍳🧀🍤🍕🍜🍝🍨🎂🍰🍧🍩🍦🍪🌝

I love these symbols!

I think the buffet does not have many options like what you draw 🙂, but the outside seating area is great.

17 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

How can anyone be on the wait list for both seatings?

I do not think that one person can be on both waiting lists, but I have seen where there were waiting lists for both seatings.

Since the dining room is sized so that all passengers can be taken care of in two seatings, I can easily see a waitlist for one seating, but not both. If one is full, there could be a waitlist for it, but the person would be assigned to the other seating.

Where I did see the waitlist for both seatings I surmised that some in the early seating were on the waitlist for the late seating and some in the late seating were on the waitlist for the early seating. A human could easy see that this happened and make the switches, but the computer seems like it can not handle that situation.