Trouble with our booking and contacting MSC

nunuc2000

I've been trying to see the details of a cruise we have booked with MSC for the last couple of hours, and keep getting this message:

image.png.bab58bc17e59212242c2304b1fdcf184.png

I've also been trying to phone them to ask what the issue is... but after being on hold for over 50 minutes, my phone died.  This is getting rather frustrating, and if this is the kind of quality of service we can expect when we cruise with MSC, I definitely won't be pleased.  This will be our first cruise with them, figuring after almost 40 cruises with various other lines, we'd give them a try. Turns out it might be our last with them too. Sheesh. 

The MSC Canadian website and Office is crap and dysfunctional. We were just simply told it was a new set up and their is nothing they can do about it...

We have been having similar problems for over a week. No Cruise Details for the last week, no excursions ever. Sent a number of emails and follow ups and called MSC 800 customer service number many time. Never got a response except once. Connected with the rudest most dismissive person after a long time on hold. Made up nonsense excuses and claiming that cruise details were never provided by MSC, then said she was not a customer service rep., only did new reservations, was with the US Office, they take overflow calls from the Canadian Office, but could not answer or assist with anything regarding an existing booking and certainly not a Canadian booking. Not a pleasant person nor helpful.

Based upon this all I can say is good luck with MSC actually responding, caring or fixing anything even if you get through to a real person.

Also be aware the online excursions booking functions are not working on the Canadian MSC site.  We were told by the MSC rep, rather matter of fact, that we, as Canadians, can only book on board, and subject to the full 20% plus premium for on board prices. Again, MSC seems ok with this malfunction and absence of service.  Looks like we will be doing private excursions and not putting another dollar in MSC's coffers. MSC's loss I guess. 

Like you, we have cruised six different cruise lines and decided to give MSC a try.  You never know till you try. If MSC does not measure up, there are lots of options out there.

Although it is not a great start we are going with an open mind and are hopeful everything will be pleasant and all works out on board.

All the best and I am sure you will enjoy your cruise, despite MSC's apparent up front customer service failures.

Edited by monza
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:57 PM, nunuc2000 said:

I've been trying to see the details of a cruise we have booked with MSC for the last couple of hours, and keep getting this message:

image.png.bab58bc17e59212242c2304b1fdcf184.png

Did you try the MSC US site because I am in Canada as well but I used a TA in the US and she booked my cruise in US dollars through the US site.

I've also been trying to phone them to ask what the issue is... but after being on hold for over 50 minutes, my phone died.  This is getting rather frustrating, and if this is the kind of quality of service we can expect when we cruise with MSC, I definitely won't be pleased.  This will be our first cruise with them, figuring after almost 40 cruises with various other lines, we'd give them a try. Turns out it might be our last with them too. Sheesh. 

21 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Don't judge their land service to the on board service. They are completely different. 

You are right about the land service and onboard service being different, believe it or not the onboard service is worse!! And if you think 50 minutes is long to talk to someone on the phone, wait till you wait in those long lines at Guest Services and end up not getting any satisfaction from them. Just relating from past experience. Good Luck .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

You are right about the land service and onboard service being different, believe it or not the onboard service is worse!! And if you think 50 minutes is long to talk to someone on the phone, wait till you wait in those long lines at Guest Services and end up not getting any satisfaction from them. Just relating from past experience. Good Luck .

My experiences have been entirely different.  I have sailed with MSC 6 times in the last 2 years and have always received great service from everyone.  If guest services line is too long I’ll wait and come back at a time lines will be shorter.  Regarding phone calls before sailing I always make a point to call exactly at 8am.  I always get immediate service.

Edited by 4104ever
  • Like 1

It seems the problems right now are with MSC's Canadian Website and Office, through which all Canadian bookings are all now assigned. As I understand the Canadian website and office has just recently been implemented but not working as it, and no fixes or IT or customer support. This may be growing pains for MSC, but it does not help those of us with current bookings. MSC should have had a contingency, e,g, a special customer helpline and workarounds, or re-open the US website for Canadians to access and manage their bookings, as it was before MSC implemented a dysfunctional Canadian site with no support.

Edited by monza
  • Like 1

The Canadian MSC office and website are located in Mississauga and they really are useless. Even leaving a message on the phone to be called back brought no return call - Twice! That was back in September. Finally gave up and booked all our needed cabins (Armonia January) on VTG in the US.

Edited by Fred&Lily
spacing

I booked my only MSC so far directly with them.  Fortunately, I didn't have any need for pre-cruise customer service.  Having learned from reading other's posts, I would never book direct with MSC again.  I'd use a TA and let them deal with the MSC nightmare.

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 1

After three days of phoning I finally got through to them… Only to be told that yes, as some of you have mentioned, their Canadian site is still experiencing a lot of challenges as they establish it.   They really should’ve had a workaround in place and not launched that until it was more functional.

The rep on the phone was at least able to let me know what our final payment date would be, and  indicated that by next month I should be able to view the other details of our cruise online and see more information that I’d like to access, like specialty dining  and other perks that are not visible on the Canadian website at the moment.  Thankfully we don’t cruise until May so we have a bit of time...  and regardless of how our pre-cruise service is, we have a positive attitude and we will have fun on the cruise.  But this pre-cruise experience is not pleasant and that adds to the overall vibe for me.  Sure hope things improve in the next month online. 

31 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

After three days of phoning I finally got through to them… Only to be told that yes, as some of you have mentioned, their Canadian site is still experiencing a lot of challenges as they establish it.   They really should’ve had a workaround in place and not launched that until it was more functional.

The rep on the phone was at least able to let me know what our final payment date would be, and  indicated that by next month I should be able to view the other details of our cruise online and see more information that I’d like to access, like specialty dining  and other perks that are not visible on the Canadian website at the moment.  Thankfully we don’t cruise until May so we have a bit of time...  and regardless of how our pre-cruise service is, we have a positive attitude and we will have fun on the cruise.  But this pre-cruise experience is not pleasant and that adds to the overall vibe for me.  Sure hope things improve in the next month online. 

Just open new account on US web with new emil and forget about canadian web

On 11/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, mnocket said:

I booked my only MSC so far directly with them.  Fortunately, I didn't have any need for pre-cruise customer service.  Having learned from reading other's posts, I would never book direct with MSC again.  I'd use a TA and let them deal with the MSC nightmare.

They don't necessarily work any better for the TAs.  I booked through one but it is still a headache.  

When I asked her to enquire why I couldn't see any excursions or activities, she was told it was not available until after final payment. No longer think that is correct, but it is better than the BS that says Canadians can't book until after boarding.

US website has had its fair share of mess too, which seems to be the MSC MO.

No one can seem to link my booking to my general log in. At least a few excursions are showing up, and the Drinks and Spa options that weren't there 3 or 4 weeks ago are now accessible via my booking number...so some improvement.

When I initially called Canadian support back in July, it was only a 3 minute delay and person seemed competent.  Seems they must have fired the competent ones as they have a collection of newbies who are helpless at the present time.

I haven't even taken my first cruise yet, and though I have my eye on another one, I am not sure I can stand the inconsistent service.

1 hour ago, craftykitty said:

Use www.msccruises.ca and you should be able to create an account to link your cruise and see the details. If not let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

I think we have all registered accounts on msccruises.ca. It's the website that does not function, and 1-800 number is of no use or help even if you get someone at MSC's end to pick up.

Would be nice however if you have some magic that fixes what seems unfixable or at least what MSC cannot seem to figure out.

Email your booking number to me at dechurchill @ cruiseshipcenters.com (no spaces) and I'll see what I can do. I've had no trouble linking my cruises to my profile.

I do know the issues with the Canadian office and they definitely weren't ready to hit the ground running, only after they opened did they learn they needed more than one license and there was no fall back in place. Also not being open after 6 pm or on weekends is another issue.

17 hours ago, craftykitty said:

Use www.msccruises.ca and you should be able to create an account to link your cruise and see the details. If not let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Yep, that is the only website I can access that recognizes my name.  I created an account, I can sign in, but I get the same pop up message as WebWorm above.  I tried to link using IE, Chrome and Firefox.  It says it can't recognize my booking number and to re enter them.  Canada Customer Service told me 3 weeks ago that they sent a ticket to their IT to look at it. We have verified the booking number does exist and is mine. I can log in using it and see the trip.

I won't be purchasing extras until after final payment, so can be patient, but if I can't link in order to check in on line, then I have a problem....

(can you legitimately list your business email address on CC?)

Edited by mef_57

17 hours ago, monza said:

I can link so that is not my issues, but I cannot access and see anything under cruise details and cannot see or book any excursions.

That is the problem with the Canadian office licences. Until the get licenses as tour operator the Canadian office/website can not make anything but cruise bookings. They say it should be completed by year end.

I am having a similar problem.  I was thinking of booking, but wanted to go to my account before I book.  It does not let me access my account and it has been like that for a week.  I emailed them yesterday and waiting for response why cant I log in into my account.